Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Girls, I am sending out this SOS!  I need your help.

If any of you can find that fur I made Cassie and Lucy from at one of your local JoAnn Fabric stores, would you please let me know.  It is called Porcupine

I have 4 orders for them and I can't find the fur.
Yes, I have called the corporate office...they checked the store inventories and found a few stores that still had it...when I called, they were out of it.  I don't know if they really were or I was just given a quick answer because they might have been busy.

At any rate...if you happen into JoAnns and see it...I will pay your gas, shipping...for your time, whatever!!!
Thanks so much.

I have enough left from both bears to make a panda and that is all.

I greatly appreciate your help, if at all possible.

Nanc....

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Nancy...

I'm pretty sure I saw it at my local Joann's not long ago.  How much do you need?

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I will check as well. :hug:

Thank you girls...  I need the black or brown.  I found a store that has red and pink.  I will try a little of those colors.
:hug:
Thanks so mcuh!!!!!

nanc.......

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Nancy, I sent you a PM.

I have one other store to call and I'll let you know.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh dear, I wish I'd known this yesterday, as I was at my 'local' Jo Annes....2 hour drive away...  Unfortunately, I won't be back for another two weeks or more  bear_cry

I hope you can find enough to make your orders  :hug:

Thank you so much girls...the corporate offices of Joann's found one store for me that still had just a couple of yards of the gray.  I couldn't find the brown...still searching for that.
They had pink Lisa...so I ordered a yard of that, I think it will make up cute too.  I wished I had known, I would have taken your yard.  We girls need a LIST!!! of our needs, going at all times :dance:

Thank you all so much for the pm's and your help here on this thread. :hug: ...if anyone has the brown and wants to part with it...please let me know.

hugs to all of you who have helped...Oh,...hugs to everyone!!!

Nanc.........

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Nance,

I don't have any of this fabric yet, but if no one here does, you might try calling I'mStuffedFur. They've got some yummy colors in the 'feather' style:

http://www.imstuffedfur.com/generic19.html

Eileen

oh, thanks Eileen...that sounds like a fun place to go.  I will definitely check it out.
Hey, girl...you have a new avatar too?  what is going on...everyone has a new one.  I know this is a revolution against ugly avatars!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin

Nancy

thanks so much

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Oh, Yes! The Amazing Miss Penny made mine! I couldn't do one myself in a million . . . well three or four years, maybe. I think it's the remote possibility of spring, even up here.

I've been tempted for a long time to try I'mStuffedFurs's furs. The feather is lovely stuff.

Eileen

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I saw some red and some purple at a joanne's near me... none at my local one though...

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Is this the same stuff? I found green, red and purple at a Joanns an hour away from me. I bought the green and purple. Paddy is the only one I made from it and it was pretty easy to work with.

paddy1.jpg

Sonya

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a cute bear, Sonya!  That fur has a GREEN undercoat with more natural tipping???  That's unusual.  Very nice!

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Thanks Shelli
Now that I look at it, I think the fur she is looking for looks more like an ostrich. But I thought this fur would be a great alternative to a solid green bear for St Paddy's Day. Just takes careful trimming to get the undercoat to show without any of the guard hairs mixed in. The purple looks interesting too. I liked that even though it was a knit back, it doesn't have much stretch to it.
Sonya

kassie1.jpgSonya...that is adorable too.  I love the idea of green under and then the real fur.  You did a great job.
The picture above is what I am looking for.  I only need the brown now tho.
Thanks so much for responding and sharing your adorable bear.

nancy

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Sorry, Nancy, I didn't have any luck with the other store. I hope you'll be able to find the brown...fingers crossed...

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Nancy !!!  I remember that fabulous bear !!!!! bear_wub 
That is very lovely fur.  bear_wub
Sonya, I'm sorry I couldn't see your bear on my PC.  :cry:

I really wish Joann's store was in here too.    bear_ermm

Hugs/Marie

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Lisa,
I sent you PM and an e-mail.  bear_tongue  Could you check out ?
Thank you.

Marie

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Marie, I fixed it now.. It looks like the picture was moved from where I first posted it from. You should be able to see him now.
Sonya

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Awww, Sonya he is gorgeous bear !!! bravo !!!  bear_wub 
Thanks for sharing your pics.

also, your avatar bear is so adorable !  :hug:
Hugs/Marie

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Lisa ( of Twin Cubs)  bear_original

Please please check my e-mail sent to you 2days ago and
PM sent to you yesterday !!!  :pray:
I have a big favor to ask you !!!
If you still has the pink fur, I want you to sell me
1/4yard size!! is it possible ?? could you send it to Japan ??
If this is too much hustle , I will give up so please
don't fee bad !  bear_smile
Thanks ,
Marie

Sandi...thanks so much for checking for me...another TTer found the brown and it will be on it's way here tomorrow...you girls are THE BEST!

Lisa, it is AWFUL to work with...all those little feathers keep getting stuck in your thread loop as you pull your stitches in.  An absolute nightmare, but what do you do?  I swore I wouldn't make another and then all these orders came in.  I am blessed for sure...but it is a love hate situation.

It really is beautiful fur and makes up quite cute...very different.

Nanc.....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So you are all set???

I'm just getting around to reading this thread!
Edinburgh carries this too...... but it's probably a lot more expensive.... in fact, I have no doubt that it's 100 times more!!!

I'm headed to Jo-Ann's tomorrow to get bunny fur.... let me know if you need any more of this cool feathery stuff and I'll look! I want to try some of it... in my next life... when time allows!!! (NO, I don't really believe I'll come back in another life.... just being silly!)

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Daphne,  thanks for asking.  :hug:
For mine, Lisa are sending me some of
her fabric.  bear_flower  Yay ! I think TT members are
Over Nice for me.  bear_flower  he he
I just have to go "Jo-Ann's" when I travel to
USA next time !!! Of cause after the visiting of
Intercal do. he he

Lisa, thanks so much ! you are so sweet and I think I'm melting now.  bear_laugh
I just sent you an e-mail and PM.
(both are same messages).

If I find any interesting bear supply in Here Japan...
I'll let you all know ! please stand by.  bear_whistle

Hugs/Marie

Board footer