Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

threadbears Posts: 107

1386023618_chris4.jpg

1386023631_chris1.jpg

Merry Christmas bear is a unique piece, made using an old technique.

Chris bear was crocheted out of 100% spun wool, and then put through a process know as felting, fulling and or boiling wool.  The fulling shrinks the piece giving it a more solid, thicker effect. Chris bear is a small size of 6 1/2" tall and fully thread jointed. His face and claw details are embroidery.. and a little shading added for detail. I also crocheted his Christmas collar, which can be removed. Chris bear brings with him his Christmas wreath. He has been made to look passed down -- A perfect addition to any primitive décor.

You may view him HERE!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

The felted effect is really nice, and maybe it's just the colors, but he reminds me of Pooh. bear_original

Becky

Boogaloo Bears Boogaloo Bears
united kingdom

So cute  :lol:

Hugs

Lisa x

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

Makes me smile!! bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_wub I love his skinny little paws and even with the smallest eyes and nose still has a wonderful expression!
michelle

threadbears Posts: 107

Thank you for the kind comments, glad you liked him! I agree, Becky, he does resemble Pooh a bit.  bear_original

Board footer