Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

threadbears Posts: 107

1389397673_snowdoll4.jpg

1389397699_snowdoll2.jpg

This offering is for one of my miniature, hand crochet dolls. This Snowman is made in vintage style colors and with all the charm of an antique ornament. This snowman is made, stitch-by-stitch, of cotton thread and only 4 3/8" tall from the top of his hat to the tips of his toes. He is thread jointed in his arm and legs. His eyes and mouth is embroidery and his nose is a crochet carrot. A little shading was added for detail. His hat is stitched on as is his pom-poms and trims. He wears a ruffled collar. He has been made to look passed down -- A perfect addition to any primitive collection

You may view him here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thread-Bears-sw … 417b65c00b

denisepurrington Out Of The Forest Bears
Seattle
Website
edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_wub Beautiful colours and style quite Art Deco in a way. I just had a go at crochet again after 20 years and discovered I am rubbish at it lol so I am in extra awe of your amazing skill with the hook!
michelle

threadbears Posts: 107

Thank you, Denise and Michelle, for having a look at this little guy, and thank you for the kind words! I knew it was a little risky listing a snowman after Christmas...but, I am kind of testing the waters to see what venue would be best for offering Christmas items year-round. I had multiple requests for snowmen this last holiday season, and it's hard to squeeze in some requests in-between working on what I'm inspired to make during that busy time of year! 

And Michelle, I'm sure it's just like riding a bike--give it a couple more tries and it'll be like you never missed a day crocheting. bear_original

Board footer