Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Well it seems strange being a shy,private person that I would be airing all on a public board but I have come to consider you all as family and true friends.  bear_wub  We laugh, we cry,we share ,we support. I have been very touched by the many messages of love and support I have received since my ordeal began just a short while ago. bear_wub   :hug:  Some have pm'd and know the situation ,some just messaged love and support both before and after the surgery. I just wanted to let you know the results that I got today.
   I had found a lump in my lower abdomen around Christmas but had forgotten about it until a month later when it had grown in size. Tests showed a large tumor on my left ovary and I was facing surgery on my 41st birthday to remove the ovary and tumor and possibly more if needed. I ended up having a full abdominal hysterectomy to remove the tumor (not the present I wanted for my 41st birthday) and have just received the pathology report today. My tumor was benign and I feel so blessed to be cancer free as my family has dealt with cancer too many times already. I can't do a happy dance but I hope that you my dear friends will do one for me.  :dance:  Cheers to good health!! I'm hoping that this will be an end to years of feeling very sick and frustrated.
I started my next bear this afternoon while lying on the couch and am looking forward to a wonderful year. Hugs and blessings,Shari.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh Shari . . . that is the most fantastic news - just what I was hoping for!!  I'm soooooo thrilled that you got a good report on the tumor!  Now to a speedy and complete recovery, then on to the bearmaking!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Shari, SO good to hear your good news.   :dance:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I feel soo relieved. What an ordeal you've had to go thru!
Missed you!

Pipa UK

That is great news Shari !!  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls,I love you all dearly!!! I can only manage a short time sitting upright so I'll have to sign off, wish I could stay and catch up!  :hug:   :hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Shari,
I have been offlist since Monday due to a deadline (it has to be all or nothing for me  bear_rolleyes ) and it's such a treat to log on and see your postive email at the top of all the threads. I am so relieved for you and I got a lump in my throat when I read your great results.
I'm sure you'll be very sore for a while yet...have heard it can take the body 12 months to fully recover from a hysterectomy...but you should be feeling a heap better soon. There are times when I wish I could have a hysterectomy....roughly every 28 days!! bear_wacko  Am glad to hear you are able to do some bearmaking too....it's good for the soul!
I'm glad you shared with us.  bear_wub
Best wishes for a quick recovery!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yayyyyyy! Oh, I am so glad!!!

And there is an upside to this....

walk darling lady, walk walk walk walk!!!!

It will help you regain your strength and also helop decrease the possibility of something called 'adhesions',  This is where you develope scar tissue....and it causes pain later, when you try to do sstuff...  so walk...

I am so happy for you, for your family and for us!  We get to keep you a lot longer. 

That's great news!

hugs
and happy dancing with the gollies

dilu

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

That is just the most wonderful news, i hope you feel a bit better soon hun  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Shari, (bawling like a baby here)  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry   I'm so happy for you!!  You simply can not know how relieved I am.  Prayers are a powerful thing!!   bear_cry  bear_cry

Warmest hugs and happy tears, :hug:
Aleta

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Shari, That is the best, most wonderful news and I am so happy for you.
You must be so relieved and your Family. We will all be doing the happy dance for you.
Take care and we hope for a speedy recovery.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower  bear_original  bear_thumb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What great news, Shari; you must be so relived (if also really sore!)  I'm truly and deeply happy and relieved for you.

:hug:

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Great News Shari :dance:  :dance:
Now all you have to do is take it easy and rest up till your body has recovered from surgery bear_flower  bear_flower
But of course a little bear making helps bear_thumb
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Shari so glad you have had good news .......   :hug:  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Such Good news! I am so glad that you can finally breath a sigh of relief...   :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Shari!  Good to hear from you!  I'm doing a little happy dance foryou as well!  That's wonderful news!!!!!!!! 

:pray:  :pray:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

It's so good to have you back, Shari, and even better knowing that you are going to okay. So glad the tests came back okay. And working on a bear already? Even better!  :hug:

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Great news Shari.  bear_original  bear_original  Hope you are feeling better soon.
Joan

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Shari !! that is the best news I ever heard on year
of 2006 !!!  or including 2005 too....  bear_tongue
I'm just so happy for you !!!   :hug:

Gentle Hugs/Marie

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Shari...what wonderful news for you, your family and all of us!
I know it must have felt good to be home on your own sofa and working on a bear!
I won't take you off my prayer list quite yet...but I am so pleased and thankful.

hugs,
nanc.......

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Shari, that is great news and I am very happy for you.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shari, I am so happy to hear that your results were so positive, even though you had to go through surgery.  Hopefully, you will be back on your feet in no time.   Please take it easy and look after yourself!  Sending warm thoughts and big hugs

Brenda :hug:  :hug:

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
I'm doing the happy dance for you, Shari, until you feel like doing it yourself!

So happy and relieved you got a good report! :hug:  Rest and indulge in bear-apy to your hearts content and I hope your feeling better in no time! :hug:

nettie scotland
Website

It is so great to hear your good news.Although we don't really know each other I have been thinking about you.I am so pleased for you and your family.Be very very nice to yourself !!!
Diane xxx

Board footer