Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

000_0587a.jpg000_0586a.jpg000_0585a.jpgA couple weeks ago I said I was determined to make a bear with plain black eyes and not great big handpainted ones.  Well....here he is.

I've changed my 10 inch pattern a bit and gave this little one smaller premium glass eyes with upper corded lids.  Needle & scissor sculpting...lots of highlighting around his eye area and his ears.  He made from Intercals 325S/CM in Antique Honey.

So...what do you think?  Constructive Daphne type feedback please...you know the kind...none of that sweet being nice stuff.   bear_grin   bear_rolleyes   bear_tongue

Thank you!!!

Shantell

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think the black eyes look perfect!  He needs accessories though... He is a bit of a "blank canvas" right now .... he needs one of those sweet dresses... ok, he could make a cute girly girl bear, just put a dress on and plop a bow on his head LOL  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shantell!! Absolutely to very cute!! Beautiful job!! Love this wee one!!

Many Hugs louise

Willamette Valley Oregon

Kimmy...you're too cute.  I intentionally haven't accessorize him yet.  He speaks BOY to me but it's interesting to see what others think.  I haven't named him yet either.   bear_rolleyes

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Well, get to it girl LMAO j/k  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

:hug:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh, I think he's a very sweet little bear with a slight antique look.  I agree that he needs some accessories... perhaps a ruff!  (OK, OK, I'm biased... that's what I would have done! LOL)

Love, love, love the nose!  Does he have a mouth?  I didn't see one.  (some of mine don't, intentionally... like Winnie in my avatar)

Kimberly W.

Willamette Valley Oregon

Hey...is this a KIMspiracy to get this kid dressed?

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

ha ha ha  e022.gif

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Ha ha ha, we're offended by the nekkid bear.... lol  I'm just kidding; nothing offensive about the little guy!  He just looks a bit lonely, or.... chilly.  Ha!

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I really like his eyes, Shantell . . . I make lots of bears with just plain ol' black eyes!!  You really don't need to dress him/her, but I think and old key or a rusty bell around the neck would be good.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Nice job Shantell.  I think this look suits this bear perfectly!  Just a darling darling teddy bear.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

Shantell,

I think he has a most darling little face!  The dark eyes make him look so innocent and childlike.

Hmmm... now I don' t think he needs to be dressed... something very simple...  maybe just a little baby bib... or a blankie?  He says "little boy" to me too for some reason.  He looks like baby who needs to be cuddled until he falls asleep!

I guess what I'm saying is the new look is wonderful!

Great job!

LuLu

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Shantell... he's great!  He's saying BOY to me too!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Shantell!

What a lovely bear - I like the black eyes and the wonderful soft warm tones of the mohair.  I think boy too, and agree with Sue Ann on something simple like a key or a rusty bell.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I think he looks like a baby boy too! I really like the idea of the bib. Stay simple he looks wonderful.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I think he looks like a baby boy too! I really like the idea of the bib. Stay simple he looks wonderful.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

...well I'll be useless and just gush   bear_tongue   I think he's cute..no need to change anything!  I especially like how his eyes came out.... Personally I'd be leaving him bare, at the most a small bell or pendant, but nothing he could choke on  bear_wub

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Shantell,  bear_flower
Love, love, love the new eyes!!!  This little guy needs a wonderful paper tag with something block printed on it.....or maybe a scruffy little t-shirt with a pocket for a little frog....or, maybe an old wrap around baby tee and a little old pillow.  Send him to me....I'll dress him for ya!  I love dressing bears....but you knew that already.   bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  I think the black eyes suit this style bear to perfection!  Not that what I think amounts to a hill of beans....... bear_tongue

Willamette Valley Oregon

Thank you everyone.  I'm really liking this look...so much I'm going to order some more matted mohair (or is that just an excuse for ordering more bear_tongue )  I like these eyes too.

I'm looking for a "look"...perhaps I'll have two...or three...or four.  Maybe I should have name my bears Incognito Bears  bear_wacko   bear_wacko

I'm getting in my car right now Aleta...I should be there in about an hour (if I drive over the speed limit)...we can play bear dress up.   bear_grin   bear_grin   Hope you don't mind I'm still in my jammies!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I think he's so cute Shantell  bear_wub   I love the dark eyes.  Definately has the awww factor  bear_thumb
xo sarah

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Shantell,  bear_flower
Come on over!!  It would be fun to have a play date like Scott and Donna did making those wonderful purses!  Oh the fun we could have!!  bear_original

I thought of you and your darling little boy bear when I found the cutest little vintage baby tee at the antique Expo yesterday.  Rereading your orignal post though, I think it may be too big for him.   bear_sad 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

What a lovely bear.....excellent new look!

Board footer