Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

nisbears Nisbears

Hello,
can i please ask the boffins here to peek at my almost complete website and give me some feed back. you can find it through search engine by typing nisbears.wozaonline   bear_noexpression

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Here is the link to the website: http://nisbears.wozaonline.co.za/home
The site looks great, Margaret; I just have one question: on your homepage you mentioned that all prices quoted excluded post and packaging, but there are no prices quoted for the individual bears. bear_wacko
I know that some artists prefer not to mention prices (although I disagree), but if you mention "prices quoted" on your homepage, you should mention them for each bear.  Perhaps mentioning the accepted method of payment is also useful to prospective buyers.  bear_smile

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I agree with Peter on the pricing of your creations . . . most people will want to know the price of what they're purchasing.  What kind of camera are you using to take photos?  All of your pics seem slightly out of focus - not sharp and clear.  It's possible to improve the sharpness with photo editing software . . . there are many free ones online.  Or, at some point, you might want to invest in another camera.  You have a lot of fun, cute creations and the website is looking good.

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

its begining to sound like a South African problem as my pics are the same yet on my facebook  page the are great and all taken with the same Camera
Can it be pics taken then transferd to own PC the transferd to Web Master ,  also Pics taken transferd to Stick then transferd to Web Master Does that sound a bit IRISH best i can explain. When i go into your site i am getting a lot of what i call spam on your site competitions ect do you know about that?
Ill send you EM Good Luck

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

its begining to sound like a South African problem as my pics are the same yet on my facebook  page the are great and all taken with the same Camera
Can it be pics taken then transferd to own PC the transferd to Web Master ,  also Pics taken transferd to Stick then transferd to Web Master Does that sound a bit IRISH best i can explain. When i go into your site i am getting a lot of what i call spam on your site competitions ect do you know about that?
Ill send you EM Good Luck

nisbears Nisbears

Hi,
i am still working on the pricing side and also on a couple of other tweaks.

i have to ask (tongue in cheek) that maybe it is the bright sunshine? most of the photos were taken out in the sunshine on really bright and hot day.
My camera is not the best, but that is the best i can afford at this time bear_ermm .

I really appreciate all the feed back and maybe i can be cheeky enough to ask another question, on pricing this time. bear_whistle

i have been doing a bit of homework and one of the avenues of "research" has been Etsy. I looked at what price range bears were going at there and tried to find bears that were on a similar level as mine are. When i converted the prices asked to ZAR, i hyperventilated, thought about booking a holiday overseas and telling the boss that i would see him around, sometime.

Surely a bear made of mini velvet, about 10cm or so, should not be more than 120.00 ZAR? and yet the one bear worked out to be more than 300.00 ZAR! ( it was priced at about 50.00 australian dollars)

Margaret Coombe

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
nisbears wrote:

i have to ask (tongue in cheek) that maybe it is the bright sunshine? most of the photos were taken out in the sunshine on really bright and hot day.

It's usually not a good idea to photograph your bears in direct sunlight: the light is very harsh and it doesn't really bring out the texture of the fur.  It would be easier to take good photographs on a cloudy day (but still bright) day.

nisbears wrote:

i have been doing a bit of homework and one of the avenues of "research" has been Etsy. I looked at what price range bears were going at there and tried to find bears that were on a similar level as mine are. When i converted the prices asked to ZAR, i hyperventilated, thought about booking a holiday overseas and telling the boss that i would see him around, sometime.
Surely a bear made of mini velvet, about 10cm or so, should not be more than 120.00 ZAR? and yet the one bear worked out to be more than 300.00 ZAR! ( it was priced at about 50.00 australian dollars)

As far as pricing is concerned, I can't give you any solid advice, because so much factors determine the price: type of fabric, accessories, etc.. but certainly the reputation of the bear artist is an important factor as well.  So some bears might appear expensive to you, but not to a collector (and vice versa).  The right price is the price a collector is willing to pay for your bears, but I guess you will have to discover that by trial and error.  bear_cool

Board footer