Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

So here are some of the teddies from my hug......I hope I can do this right....so here goes....my obsession with teddies...

I've always loved really large teddies.  This is my largest, a huge steiff that sits at my dining room table

1407710189_steiff-hg.jpg

And here are some old steiff teddies that i am sending out to be repaired, as their feet have lost their pads, and one needs his smile back...

1407710509_img_7026.jpg

And then I've always had a soft spot for English teddies, so here are a few of those....

1407710665_english_teds.jpg

there you go for a start....I'll post more pics of my hug in the coming weeks....

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub Ohhhh think I want to come and live at your house already  bear_grin I know a few on here who love a really big bear....... My favorite and it is very hard to choose is the chap in the bottom pic back far left. He looks like a no nonsense ted that is very loyal and loving  bear_wub Fantastic bears more pics please!
michelle

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
edmondnutmeg wrote:

I know a few on here who love a really big bear.......

Could it be me?    :whistle:

Yes, I also love a big bear, if only because they are such great huggers.   :love:
Your collection looks amazing, Esther; I really couldn't pick a favourite; but they are all bears that I could easily fall in love with.   :teddybear:

I agree with Michelle: more pictures please!  I am sure there are plenty more treasures where these came from.  :D

(P.S. How big is the Steiff that sits at the head of the table?).

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Thanks for your kind words, Michelle and Peter --

That Steiff ted is a huge 75 cm (30 inches), so he really fills the chair!  He might be a second or possibly a prototype that came on the market because he doesn't have his white tag, but rather a yellow unnumbered tag, but....I remember when I got him....he was at a regular retail store, and it was late in the day.  They were just about to stock the shelves and they had all their merchandise on a cart, and there he was, towering above everything, and when I saw him, I think I might have pushed (gently, of course) people out of the way to get to him!!  Lol. bear_grin

Anyway, here is another teddy I bought at an estate sale this weekend....I don't know who the artist is....if anyone recognizes the artist, please let me know...I'd be thrilled to find out...He's a keeper!

1407770615_img_7028.jpg

1407770650_img_7029.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Esther . . . that's quite an impressive collection of bears you have.  Bravo!!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Wonderful bears, EJ! My favorite may be the golden-mohair Steiff - even if he is showing his age. bear_original

Becky

LitWit Posts: 298

Oh, wow, I am in awe of your giant Steiff! If I ever won the lottery or a giant sweepstakes, I'd buy the biggest cinnamon-colored Steiff that I could find. And maybe a golden one, too.  bear_happy

Board footer