Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

LitWit Posts: 298

So this year I've fallen for this fella:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stuffed-Realist … true&rt=nc

(sorry about the link-can't figure out how to post pictures on the iPad.)

It was his snout that got me, at first.  bear_laugh And then when I saw how big (33") and shaggy and snuggly he was, I was sold! He's a bit of a departure from the norm, since I usually go for antique or reproduction bears (actual "teddies," if you will), but I think I have a secret fondness for more realistic bears.  bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

He looks great, LitWit: very big and very huggable.  bear_wub

He arrived today and is wonderfulbear_wub He still has a frayed tag from "The Rushton Toy Company," which was surprising. I didn't know that they made such realistic bears.

Any advice on cleaning him up? His fur feels very...old. Dusty and flat. Should I vacuum him, or make a bowl of suds and try cleaning him with that?

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Hey, welcome back!

He's a lovely bear, I don't think anything is wrong with his fur, that particular fur style is mostly polyester, which makes it feel a bit tacky.

Thanks!  bear_original I'm glad to know that his fur isn't actually grimy. I gave him a thorough fluff last night and picked all of the fur out ofhis seams. I've never seen such sloppy seams on a factory-made bear- or really, any bear. He looks much better now.  bear_happy

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

give him a chance....he looks like a wonderful cuddler (I originally thought he might be a kinser when I first saw him). if his seams give trouble, just turn him inside out and run new seams.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I agree...He's toooooo cute and looks very very cuddly....LOVE THAT BIG NOSE!

Board footer