Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

LitWit Posts: 298

Anybody want to take a guess at who this guy is? http://www.ebay.com/itm/361020853019?_t … EBIDX%3AIT

I've tried contacting the seller, but no response so far. I'm drawn to ths bear's simplicity, pointy snout, and fluffiness, and I'd love to try to find one closer to home!  bear_tongue

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

He doesn't look familiar and i can't see any tags on him. Maybe he is home made? I hope you manage to find one, good luck bear_original

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

He's definitely home made...I remember another bear collector referring to those fondly as Gramma teddies :)

If you really like him, I'd advise biting the bullet on the shipping, since he's surely a one-off. It shouldn't be that bad, a two pound packet from the UK to US is usually $40 or so.

Thanks, BlackmoonBear! I'm trying to decide whether I want to try making a similar one or making an offer on this one. He remonds me a lot of my old handmade mink teddy, which I literally "loved to pieces!"  bear_cry

He went on sale! 50% off! So I treated myself.  bear_wub

Well, he came today and although I'll have some re-structuring to do, I'm pleased with him overall. His head has a few loose stitches; his arms are crooked, and his legs were sewn on left-to-right! Poor fella! But he's wonderfully charming and snuggly (once I removed a stray pin from his arm  bear_shocked )! I'm so glad I added him to my collection. Now I need a nice British name for him.  bear_happy

Jenbee Barnetby Bears
England
Website

Aw glad you managed to get him bear_original Maybe call him Del boy hehe

Board footer