Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

I was too tired after a long day to do anything, but was still a bit lonely, so I had a hookah and whiskey in the backyard with a couple of pals....

20140929_191338_zps96c3a275.jpg

Phil@TC Coventry
Website

I like the fat chap but the other one seems to have an inflated opinion of himself. bear_laugh

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You said it, Phil! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh (Though I think I'd be happy to settle into that empty chair anyway.)

Becky

@Phil-  LOL...yeah, he tries to look fierce, but it's all hot air, you know.

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
BlackmoonBear wrote:

@Phil-  LOL...yeah, he tries to look fierce, but it's all hot air, you know.

bear_laugh bear_laugh bear_laugh
I wonder where you can find a giant inflatable bear... bear_wacko

@Peterbear......The "Moosehead camp counselor" bear inflatable pictured in my original post is long since retired, but this big fellow will soon be available for purchase from inflatableworld.de  :

1412149640_rovanoak_beary_zpse7aca85e.jpg

(this prototype is rough looking, but it's just a first draft, there are numerous revisions planned to make it look better before it's mass produced)

He's 7 feet tall, and will be available in March probably.

Thanks Chris, I must get one of these to put in my garden!  bear_laugh

Hi Peter,  I'll let you know when these are available- they can be ordered long before they are put on the website, but only a few of us who are in contact with the company owner know that ;)

keep in mind though that direct sunlight will damage these guys quickly, they aren't like pooltoys. I only take mine outside when the sun gets below the trees.

Us Bears Pennsylvania

My Bears never drank wine, whiskey or beer because it pretty much just put them to sleep but if they got a snoot full of root beer or ginger ale, you'd better watch out!

MardiGrowl.jpg

They got into the root beer, once, on Mardi Growl  (Mardi Gras bear_happy ) and, I tell you, there was a lot of hootin' an' a-hollerin' that night!

But, then, the next morning...

BearHangover.jpg

...that was a different story!   bear_wacko  bear_shocked

My Bears never smoked, though.  Not a moral thing.  They just didn't want to get ashes or smoke in their fur.
In fact, they made me go out to the garage if I wanted to have a smoke.

Us Bears wrote:

They got into the root beer, once, on Mardi Growl  (Mardi Gras bear_happy ) and, I tell you, there was a lot of hootin' an' a-hollerin' that night!
But, then, the next morning...

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh
Awww, poor fellow (or is it a lady bear_tongue ); although most of my wild oats have been sown, I still remember well how he feels.  bear_whistle

BlackmoonBear wrote:

Hi Peter,  I'll let you know when these are available- they can be ordered long before they are put on the website, but only a few of us who are in contact with the company owner know that ;)

Thanks Chris!  I had a look at their website and I do love the look of their huge inflatable animals, but of course nothing beats a bear!  bear_thumb

@peter.....I envy you, you'll be getting yours relatively cheap. they cost $40 per inflatable to ship to the US :(
I got one of those odd looking "Chipmunks", cropped the ears and did some repainting, and he makes a fairly decent bear cub.

@UsBears....adorable! My bears make the best drinking buddies ever, since they never drink up all my good booze, they never get embarrassed and ditch me when I get too drunk, and best of all, they don't mind when I drink myself to the sloppy-huggy stage. (actually they rather like that).

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin Great post you lot (and your bears) always make me smile  bear_original
Btw I keep the drinks cabinet locked as my bears like liqueurs especially Baileys!
michelle

My hug generally prefers a cup of tea (or hot chocolate),
but when it's really hot,
a cold beer hits the spot!  bear_laugh

1413107462_leon_amp_tat_101010_071.jpg

Us Bears Pennsylvania

Being Belgian Bears, they don't mess around when it comes to beer!  Do they?
Hoegaarden!  Nice!  bear_original

Board footer