Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Natasha Handmade Bear Boutique
California

Hello, I am new to selling teddy bears , well new to selling anything:)  I started the etsy shop but didn't sell any bear so far. I saw a lot of bears are also listed on EBAY.
Artists who have an experience selling on ebay please help me, what is your experience, did you sell bears as auction or " buy it now"? My bears are not expensive ones 50-90$ Does it make sence for this price category to put them as an auction or better as a fixed price.
Is it really free to list on ebay either an auction or buy it now?
How much do you pay if your bear is sold 10% off of the price plus shipping? Are there any other charges, Pay pall 2,9%?
If you do not sell the bear can you list it again for free?

Sorry for so many questions,  sure I read the ebay policies but I wanted to here your experience and affraid that I missed something in the policies and will end up with fees that I do not expect.

Thank you,
Natasha

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I know there are a lot of bears on Ebay up for action and "buy it now". I love to see other peoples creations and really enjoy looking at Bear Pile as wel as Ebay.  You may want to try selling there too.  I can't answer your other questions for I don't sell my bears. Here is the link to bear pile.

http://www.bearpile.com/

California

Oh, thank you for the answer! I heard of bearpile but didn't try it yet. Since I posted this question I sold one item through ebay and  there is one of my bears on auction there now. Now I figured out what ebay charges.
Thanks for your answer!!!  bear_original

jason Posts: 8
Website

Hey Natasha,
I'm not an artist, but do sell stuff on eBay from time to time. To answer your questions:

Natasha wrote:

Is it really free to list on ebay either an auction or buy it now?

Yes. But there is still the 10% Final Value Fee.

Natasha wrote:

Are there any other charges, Pay pall 2,9%?

Yes... But only if you have a Premier Account, which it looks like you do. You're also charged a 30 cent flat fee for each transaction. So it's essentially 2.9% + $0.30. But you won't be charged these fees until (if memory serves) the end of the month. You'll receive an invoice asking for this.

Natasha wrote:

If you do not sell the bear can you list it again for free?

Yep! If its anything like the items I've sold, then yes.

Natasha wrote:

How much do you pay if your bear is sold 10% off of the price plus shipping?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I think you're asking what the Final Value Fee applies to? Add up the sale price and shipping. Then take 10% off of that and you have the eBay fee:

The total amount of the sale is the final price of the item, shipping charges, and any other amounts you may charge the buyer. Sales tax is not included.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/insertion-fee.html#fvf

Here's two resources to have a look at:
eBay Fee Calculator — I usually use the reverse calculator in the bottom right.
eBay's Fee Guide — A little easier to understand than their other fee information

Hope that helps! Unfortunately I can't help with whether to use auction or fixed price. I've always done auction and trusted the market, but then, I've never sold a OOAK item. Maybe one of the awesome artists on here can chime in?

Good luck!

California

Jason, Thank you so much for such a detailed answer! This really helps!
N.

Board footer