Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

wubbiebear Braille Teddies
Murfreesboro, Tennessee

This is kind of an unusual question.  Yesterday I rescued a crocheted teddy bear from Goodwill.  I assume he's handmade as there is no tag or label on him at all.  I know we can't do this here, but I'm planning to sell him.  Do you know where would be the appropriate place to do this, or how to list him on eBay?  Thanks.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

when i've bought crocheted bears on ebay, I find them when I do searches for Artist Bears, and usually they're listed as "Artist teddy bear, crocheted miniature."  (if he/she is a miniature), so that would be Dolls and Bears -- Bears -- Artist bears.  I hope that helps. bear_original

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

What if you have no idea who in the heck made him?  Will people be less likely to buy him because of that?  What would the value of this type of bear be?  I'd like to keep him, but I have a doll show coming up and I really want to get a new/old doll or bear.

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

I think people who collect bears (like me) go by what appeals to them, not necessarily who made him (although we do have our favorite artists -- {love those Dangerbears!}).  Anyway, not knowing who made him might make him less valuable. 

I would check out similar bears on ebay and sell him at a median price and go from there.  Lots of bears that are sold there, the seller has no clue what artist made them, and yet people certainly buy them.  :0)

Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Ahh I love me some Dangerbears.  I have one of her bears and I adore her.  I gotta say my favorite artist, probably because she is one of my dearest friends, is Lenora Ovenshire.  Not only is she a terrific lady, but she makes bears that were designed to be hugged and loved.  I need to post a pic of the bear she made me for my birthday last year.  Now that is what I would call a ballybear.

Board footer