Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I'd heard that this story had really taken off and gotten national attention... I realized it was going international this morning when my relatives in Canada sent me a link!  So I thought I'd post it here to share with those of you who haven't seen it.  The story is from Greece, NY, a town on the NW side of Rochester.  I lived in Greece for 3 years recently (up until finances forced me to move back across town), but Greece was just a lovely place to be.  It is a larger town with a small town feel.  People wave and smile when you drive down the street.  Kids play outside, happy and cared for.  Toddlers say 'please' and 'thank you'.  People in heavy traffic will stop across four lanes to let one car with an elderly couple make a left turn.  Women in stores will try to give you their coupon if they think that you like something better than they do.  Greece is mostly a 'blue collar' working class neighborhood, and there just is no other town that I've run into in the world with the same feel. The town I live in now is the polar opposite... kids get drunk and never knew how to play like children, but they do know more profanity at age 4 than I did at 24.  People would sooner run you down than look at you around here.  So I visit Greece when the rest of the world gets me down.  Now onto why I posted... here is a link to a special story from Greece.  It is about a special ed high school student, but I'll let the video tell the rest of the story.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … q=autistic

Bear hugs,
Kelly

Oh, I forgot to add in my original post that the Greece team went on to win the section V championships!  I understand they were selling J-Mac tshirts for charity and sold out before the game even started!
http://www.rnews.com/print.cfm?id=35555

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Kelly,

One of the fellows I work with was telling me about this story.  I had not seen it myself until you posted it here.  I must say I choked back tears as I watched ... there really are good stories and wonderful people out there and this is a very good example of both. 

Thanks for sharing, so glad I got to see it.

Hugs,

Wanda

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Oh my goodness!!!!!! That is just the neatest, most inspiring story I've heard in so long!!  I had a smile on my face the entire time I watched, and tears in my eyes too!  WOW!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:
Tracy

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

I saw it on the news.  Great story, great kids!
Joan

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I saw it on the news.  Great story!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Kelly! What an inspiration this young man really is. I do hope they let him play more games as he is a real asset to the team. I can relate well to this story, I have an autistic son who is an expert snooker player. These kids seem to focus on one special thing in their lives an become really good at it. My son has a few other interests but snooker is his favourite thing.

Hugs Jane

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

What a buzzzzz! I had tingles down my spine when the crowd went wild. Thanks for sharing. bear_thumb

Board footer