Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Dilu that is SO interesting!!  Thanks for sharing!!  (I LOVE learning new things bear_laugh )

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I just learned that Pentel is a good pen , use for  quilt signing...Sharpie used on a bears face will turn purple later ....NO !!!!! and I have some bears where I used Sharpie around the eyes. Now, everyone will think I beat the poor things.Pentel dosn't turn purple later.... Amazing what you learn after years of using the wrong thing...Winney

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, and don't forget Micron is also very good for use on mohair.  I think someone else said that too.  My favorite thing about the Micron pens is that they come in lots of colors and have as fine a point as you can find.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I just wish the balance-the-check-book part of my brain was functioning as well as the learning-new-fun-things part.

We pay mom's bills cuz she's not quite competent anymore. But we keep very little in that particular account because she has a tendency to use her Visa and that can be scarry! A week ago I wrote out the $4000.00 yikes!!!! check for her assisted living, but forgot to transfer the money into the account that pays her bills....

ooops:rolleyes:

Fortunetly Mr. Understatement discovered it and got the transfer made just in the nick of time!  Thank goodness for online banking!:)

Thank goodness for Mr. Understatement...all he said, to his credit, was, 'well no harm done'.  gotta love that guy!

Dilu

Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

Eileen, I have atrophied cleaning synapses in my brain too.  It's  not so bad...practically painless except when expecting company. :P:lol:

Lovely friends, I will be off the computer for the most part for some time, as I have been invited/ accepted into this year's TBAI event.  I will sorely need all the bear-making time I can muster.

The No.Cal, So.Ore teddy extravaganza was a major hit.  We had a terrific time and plan to meet quarterly if that works out.  If I get it together, I'll see if my camera worked and will post some pics.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh noooooo . . . we will miss you a bunch, Laure, but I certainly understand your reason!  Wish I had the will power to work more on my bears and spend less time on the computer.  Then I might have a chance of getting up enough inventory for San Diego in August!  Think about us!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Congratulations, Laure! :D

The best possible excuse (nay, Reason) to let the housework slide. Or crash.

I'm working so hard to pay for supplies that my bear time has been severely limited this week. I've got 3 new students, one with MS, one dyslexic, and one with OCD!! They're all sweet and smart, but I really hoped for some bear time this Summer.

My husband, after showing amazed approval at my 2.75 bears (bless him) actually said (and I quote), "You could probably make more money from your bears than by tutoring"  I was so happy that I celebrated by placing an order with Intercal!! So (ironically), I have to keep tuturing . . . that doesn't make any sense, does it?

Eileen

Marie,

Sewing machine killer?

Hmmmm

Sewing Samurai :lol::lol:

I keep hoping to here that MIMI made to you Marie.....so much for the post office web site!  Ha  4-7 days my aunt Fristina's foot!

Dilu bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Laure, have fun creating - I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time at the show, you lucky duck!!

Hey Marie

Don't you mean Sewing Samurai

Dilu  bear_grin:lol:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Laure, Congratulations  !!!!!!!! :D
I can't wait see your new bears too :)
I hope you will be sewing samurai too as
us. he he he sew sew sew. :cool:

Hi Dilu the sewing machine samurai!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !

I am sewing machine little samurai. :D

Mimi is still not arrived yet.
My home is away from big city so
usually it takes extra 1-2day.....
But I will let you know soon as she
arrive at here. How fun !

Hugs/Marie

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Congratulations Laure!! What an honour! Yes..you are temporarily excused for TT.....TEMPORARILY!!! Mind you...I wonder if you have the WILLPOWER!! (or should I say won't power!). I have a weeks holidays coming uo soon and I have vowed to myself that the computer is staying OFF for the whole week...and at the end of that week I'll have two...not one...TWO competition entries completed! I just know that if I'm tempted by the computer...it won't happen.
We would LOVE to see your TBAI entry!!! Do you have something in mind?

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Hi Laura ( Lori ) ..he,  he....here's good wishes for your piece , i just know its going to be wonderful because it sounds like it !and I know you. What an honor....OK, we will miss you !.... Winney

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Great news Laure! Congratulations  do let us all see the photographs. Don't forget to come back soon we will all miss you.

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Hayley,

I love the expession 'won't power'. That's exactly what I need. I'm at my computer working on a student's anthropology (yawn) paper, and the temptation to click on email alerts is overwhelming.

Eileen

Hey you guys!!!

I feel like a nidgit!  That's kind of a ninny and idiot rolled into one.

At your fabric stores they have wonderful marking pens that are air erasable or water erasable....Like for Maries white bears.....After I sew and stuff I just spritz the seams with water-  like a spray bottle- and the blues dissappears.

quilters use these all the time....just check on a scrap before you use to make sure.

I have yet to have the water erasable one not erase though.  On fur or fabric.

I'm sorry I didn't think to mention this earlier.  I also use it on my pastel fabrics or what I call my Kool ade fabric.

Try it for marking fabrics you are concerned about-those pens are great

Dilu

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Eileen...now that we are on broadband...it's hard enough not to want to check the email evey time I walk past the computer room. I can only imagine how much harder it must be when you are already there and all it takes is the push on one eensy button. You definitely need WON"T POWER!

My personal opinion as to why we feel so drawn to our email...is because being bear artists, we spend a large cut of our time alone, and for me in particular, time spent having coffee with girlfriends is almost non-existant. So YOU are my girlfriends...and spending time engrossed in emails between sewing and stuffing is my social time for the best part of it. I tend to be a homebody, always have been, and I prefer to spend my free time(what little there is), at home making bears instead of visiting girlfriends. Plus..here it's interesting and soul building stuff...not just gossip about whose husband is running around with whose wife...ergh!
Probably means a small funeral for me when the time comes...but hey, I'll die happy! bear_tongue Some people I know spend all day every day out having coffee with friends...but for me you girls fill the gap and I get girltalk, encouragement, friendship, bear making tips,and support..all wrapped up into one neat little package...and I'm happy. :lol:You girls are the best!:cool::cool:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Hayley, m'dear, you have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head!! :D

Our forums are part of our workplace. So what if we take the odd coffee break and get silly!! :P

I'm a homebody too. I love nesting in my own little mess with my beasts, and I loved being at home with my kids--actually, come to think of it, I'm still at home with my kids.

My working friends call to share office gossip which I can't follow, but I listen more or less patiently, thanks to the wireless tech which allows me check my email at the same time!!

I'd much rather be here, which is actually a much bigger world. We must cover most of the globe!!

Without these forums, even with a load of really good bear books, I'd still be struggling alone in the dark, wondering (which I do now less and less) if I'd finally lost my mind.

"Knowing" the creators of these Breathtaking Bruins, and working toward their professional standards, makes it all a possibility for me, and a great pleasure. 

Eileen

Hayley....

You are right!  So Right!  I feel the same way-cuz I don't get out and socialize in downtown O'Brien.  Well there isn't socialization for drug free clean with all her teeth middle aged golly maker like me!

This is scarry- and off the subject, but a greater than 50% average of folks in this little burg, don't have all their teeth and the primary consumables are beer, the kinds that come in 24 packs, and MJ.

If I tried to share a golly or ask a question on a bear I would be locked up for having lost my mind! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And since my hunny has sent almost every minute today revamping the sewing room I can hardly wait!  This is really better than Christmas.

I have cupboards, I have carpet, I can breathe......when it's all done I'll post pictures, but I am sooooo excited....

but like Eileen says- it does tend to be a solitary vocation.

Thank you al for being so nice to all of us, and I feel your kindness every single day!

I think that is why it was so special to meet Laure and Werner and Winney and Donna....STOP LURKING DONNA....COME OUT AND PLAY!

dillydallydaisydo :P;):)

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Hayley and everyone,

Please count me in to your coffee body !
I don't drink coffee much but may I bring
my teas? bear_laugh he he

Eileen, I agree to you, I don't like to listen to
gossips from my working friends........(I work too do..) it is just waisting your time and we don't have any *ANY*  time to waist!! :mad:
Ok everybody, let's drink a coffee or tea
in your cup now. he he :P

Bear Hugs/Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Just Us Bears wrote:

My personal opinion as to why we feel so drawn to our email...is because being bear artists, we spend a large cut of our time alone, and for me in particular, time spent having coffee with girlfriends is almost non-existant. So YOU are my girlfriends...and spending time engrossed in emails between sewing and stuffing is my social time for the best part of it.

Yep!!!!  I totally agree!!!!! bear_laugh

Board footer