Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Since a lot of folks wont read the post where you mentioned a neat trick you have, I am reposting ....

Winney we allllll want to know your neat bow trick....And we want pictures :D:D

Maybe you can't do it today, but maybe you can in the coming week?

Marie said she was interested, I figure at least 20% of the lurkers are interested and I'm interested....

So ok the rest of you!  Let her know if you are interested too....

Dilu:P:P

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Thank's Dilu...It will have to be sometime after the  Mini class.

Have to figure out what's up with my  camera too...Winney

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Winney ,Me too, It must be a knack getting them always to tie the way you want them too. Hugs Rita xxx

ellen ontario, canada

yes please, yes please, yes please.
i wanna know.  i wanna know. i wanna know.
bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ribbons have a mind of thier own...Winney, show us how to tame these wild beasts!:D

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

mine seem to want to come untied!!!! little rascals!!!  I want to learn to make b-u-tee-ful bows!!! bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, yes . . . we all want to know!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm such a lemming, but... me too. bear_laugh

Shelli- who forges paths of her own that many of us can only dream of traveling- the lemming.....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shelli

If you're a lemming I'm Twiggy!

Wonky dily

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, I missed the bow discussion elsewhere.... boy it's hard to keep up!!!

Is this a trick in tying? Oh, I guess I'll just have to wait....... :(

"God, grant me the patience......"   <<<SIGH>>>  bear_rolleyes

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Yes, Please, Winney--

My centers are a tangled mess, and my loops droop :/

Eileen

OH OH Miss Winney!

Your students await.......we all need bow help!

Dilu

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Please Winney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We are begging.

Jill

White City, Oregon

Oh my gosh...what a bunch of beggars you all are...he, he. I know how to solve this. Go to your local craft store and buy a book on bow making ? Uhhh, go ask the local florist ?...Oh I am being mean.....

Let's see, not to disappoint you all, I have to get my camera fixed ,then I will need to do a series of photos , showing is much better then reading how...especially for bows.This is going to be a challenge for me!Maybe after I do that...Intercal will design a new spot for us for...Artist Techniques ??? so check back here later...Winney

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I have to admit... I worked at a florist for a while and learned how to tie bows while there. I LOVE doing it, thus make fabric bows for lots of my bears. I've given bow tying demos at all of my bear making workshops. If you can tie your sneaker without the bow being crooked you'll be able to do this..... I'm sure Winney will do a great photo demo so if your sneaker laces ARE crooked fear not.... you bear bows won't be!! This'll be fun!!:D

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Well Miss Daphne, we love Winney and want her inpu on bow-tying, but by all means if you have something to offer on the subject yourself, please don't be shy!  Despite appearances :D, we're all here to learn!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

PS  I can NOT tie my shoelaces without the bow being crooked.  Actually, come to think of it, I don't wear sneakers.  Like, ever.  Or socks, for that matter, except if I'm about to slide into ski boots or snow shoes.  I'm very much a barefoot-with-Born-sandals kind of girl.  Ya know, those earthy, chunky soled shoes.  And a nice pedicure, of course, for a touch of sophistication.  Totally off topic, isn't this???  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shelli - I just bought a pair of those "homey-crunchy-tree-hugging" kind of sandals yesterday! My tootsies are so happy! :lol::lol:

I, too, would have to do pictures, as I'd talk myself in circles!!! I drew diagrams and will have to look for them, I can post those.... will do a page on my website and post a link. But by the time I do that it'll be winter and we'll have a foot of snow (OK - that's all I've thought about today - it's 98 degrees at present and I hate it!) so Winney will probably beat me to it.

I'll really try to do that this week though... TRY... real hard....promise! :rolleyes:

Daphne

White City, Oregon

Daphne, I doubt that I will beat you, LOL... At least you have diagrams somewhere.
Posting to your own web site was what I was thinking of doing too...now, I have to learn to do that !

Oh My...My brother has the one page up for me, that's all...he is waiting for me to make some bears so he can put them up...oh, and I must learn to write the descriptions for the bears...is there anything easy ? LOL... He hates to type...how in the heck am I going to get my descriptions up ? COPY ? I must learn to do that....OH My.... See what I mean...no wonder it is taking me so long to do anything....anything ? I think I have been procrastnating.....weird word...why not just say sluffing off ?

OK...I WILL start somewhere.. finish one bear for the web site and work towards showing how to make fancy bows, I do think that would be a neat thing to put on my web site as a tutorial...unless you want to do it Daphene ? Let me know as I do have other items I can put up for tutorials on my web site.....I Winney

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh Winney.... the bow thing is all yours, really! If I did it I'd just put a link to it for the folks here to see. I have three shows and 2 galleries waiting for bears... never mind the 8 commissions waiting to be made..... if these girls didn't learn how to tie bows correctly when they were kids then they can wait a bit longer! bear_grin:lol::lol: I'm just kidding!!!! Your photos, Winney, will be better than my drawings! But I'll search for them this week and just get something simple up for now. You and I may have totally different techniques so perhaps we'll teach eachother something???:)

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Winney,
Ok we can wait wait wait wait....
please don't rush. :D
Oops my bears start crying now,
they said they want a pretty bow !
So It's not me that begging you this time
my bears are begging to you ..oh boy.
he he   
Bear Hugs/Marie

Board footer