Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Boz's Bears Tedwina & Friends
Shetland
Website

Hello!

I am back behind the sewing machine stitching like a loon this month as it's now only 2 months until the big local craft fair which I plan to 'launch' my bears at. I agreed to do this as part of the funding I was awarded earlier in the year to develop a small selection of patterns and buy in enough material to set me on the road to being able to make enough bears to sell through local shops/craft stalls etc.  My original plan was to do lots of testing before this point, but I got a new job and so that all went out the window, and now I've slung together five patterns (three were bears I'd already designed with tweaks, and two are total make it ups!) and have started to produce them.  I've only ever made one off commissions though, so this is my first go at making bears en masse. 

How much stock do you guys normally take to fairs? This is a general craft fair, not a collectors fair, so I'm not sure how much I will sell given that artist bears are probably a bit more expensive than people would generally pay for a teddybear. It is a BIG fair through (three halls over three days!) and its quite close to christmas, so I dunno what to aim for.  I'm going to have to sew like a demon however you slice it though.  My poor little fingers!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hope you have much success at the fair, Lauren.  I've usually made only one-of-a-kind bears, but have tried several limited editions.  Really got tired of making the same bear over and over, so that didn't last long.  Have fun!

Board footer