Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

penelope.jpgYay, I have finally found the motivation to get this girl finished. Penelope is made from distressed, sparse mohair. I didn't think I was going to like the mohair after I ordered it, but now that she's finished I've decided I like it a lot! She's about 8", so kind of a petite little gal. I designed and hand-stitched her dress too. That was loads of fun as I had no idea what I was doing, but it finally worked out. She's no where near perfect, lots of little boo-boos here and there, but I am pleased with the finished outcome anyway. I was going to keep her since she was my first, but my mom did some whining last night so I guess I'll give Penelope to her! I still have a LOT to learn, but that's what you all are for, isn't it?  bear_original  Actually, I'm sure that my first bear would have been a hideous mess if it weren't for everything that I have already learned here at TT. Thank you all for sharing with me!  :hug:

Pipa UK

Aww i think she is wonderful !! you did great !!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!   bear_wub

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

She's darling....the first one is the scariest then it's just plain an addiction!!!   bear_wub   bear_wub

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Wow she is superb

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I love her ! She is really beautiful ! I understand why you mom want her : I wouldn't resist either if I saw her ! bear_wub And I love this marvelous little dress you made for her ! So cute ! bear_wub

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

She is beautiful, love the big eyes and what a cute dress. bear_wub
:hug:
Laurie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

LOVE, love your first mohair bear, Sandi . . . great work!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sandi you did a

terrific

job ...ESPECIALLY for a first-time mohair bear. Nice choice of mohair too. bear_thumb

Thank you all for the lovely comments. Once I got working on her I really had lot of fun. I had anticipated hating to do the ears, but in fact, I kinda liked it! I hear the mohair in my closet calling me now! Unfortunately there's not a lot in there...guess that's why I hear Intercal calling me too. I can't wait to touch all the mohair at the show next weekend.  bear_original I have a feeling my crochet bears might get neglected for a while.  bear_shocked

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Ha ha, that cracks me up, my mom and sister have both gotten bears by whining!  bear_grin I know how you feel. Anyway, I love Penelope, she has such a beautiful classic look. And her dress is just icing on the cake!
Aerianna

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Sandi, she is wonderful!!!! I love her big eyes!  bear_wub

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
This first mohair bear is a cutie! I love her and her dress is beautiful!

I look forward to see your next mohair bear!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Penelope is precious.  If you are anything like I am, you will never want to return to synthetic after using the mohair.

Actually, I've never used synthetic. I did buy some but it hasn't been used and it probably never will! The only bears I've made are crocheted bears, so Penelope is the very first bear I've sewn from fabric.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

your first sewn??? jeez woman she is gorgeous!
honestly everyone here at TT is ominously talented  bear_grin

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

She is wonderful! :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Sandi what a wonderful creation she is ........ well done

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sandi, Penelope is a sweet little Bear and for your first out of mohair - great work.
The dress is really cute also.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Sandi!! She absolutely perfect in every way Hon!! You have done a very lovely job on her!!!

Many Hugs Louise

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Penelope is a little jewel!  Bravo, bravo!!  You did a marvelous job, Sandi.   bear_wub   Her face is just sweet as can be.  May I be so bold as to ask to trade the first art card you make with her picture on it?

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer