Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Churton M Posts: 43

Hi Ladies
I've been through the library and read lots of threads about selling but lots of them are several years old or not UK related so I thought I'd ask again (sorry).
I've decided to start selling my creations to continue to fund my love of making them; ideally I hope that in time I can make a small business out of it but I appreciate that really does depend on if people like my bears. Here's what I've done so far but would really appreciate any advice you lovely people have to get my bears seen more.......

I have created a facebook page which obviously I can only get friends and family to share with their friends and family (limited audience I know) and I have also joined several facebook groups that are artist teddy bear related to post my bears on (I've had lots of likes which has been nice).

I now have 5 bears I feel are worthy of selling so think this month I may buy a months subscription to bear pile to see if I can sell them on there - what's the sale rate like on a site like bear pile if your an 'unknown' bear maker?

I would love to do some bear fairs but my problem is I live in a very rural area so they are all a long way away and with 2 kids in toe (as fairs are always on a weekend) its not really practical. I intend to do fairs in the future (sooner rather than later hopefully) but affording it is also an issue at present.

Any suggestions as to how I can 'get my bears' out there would be much appreciated; especially advice from fellow UK makers.
Hugs Karen bear_thumb

NyXy Nook Worthing, West Sussex
Website

Hi Karen,
How have you got on selling your bears? They are lovely.
I'm in the UK, too and wondering the same thing.
Hugs,
Valli aka Nyxy Nook

Hi Valli
I've not sold any yet through my facebook page but I'm getting more likes from people I don't know more than I expected. I have booked myself to go to my first bear fair in Sheffield in November and am hoping this will help get my name out there a little bit more and I'm trying to find out about what competitions are around to see if I could enter some too as I think this will give me a bit of a confidence boost too. I've seen your bears too on the tips page on FB (they are really rather sweet); I think you live down on the south coast near where I come from originally and where my mum still lives so you should get yourself to the Great Brighton bear fair; I've not been but would love to go.
Hugs

NyXy Nook Worthing, West Sussex
Website

Great news! So you're going to exhibit in November? Excellent ? I'd be interested in how you do.

I'm in Durrington, just outside Worthing. Where's your mum?

Last December The Great Brighton Teddy fair was my first one. Took a friend. We loved it. I only started making bears in October. Always loved them though.

Yes, I have a sweet cutie bear style. LOL

Join every bear site to find out what's on. I'm sure you'll get known and get to know people. Go for it! Most of all, have fun.

Serenalynneee Posts: 2

Hi im also in the uk and just starting out could yoy tell me what groups your apart of on facebook as i cant seem to find any thankyou
Picture of my first bear:)

Love your little bear his great!
Here's a list of groups I'm with but new ones seem to pop up all the time so it is by no means an extensive list
Teddy Bear & Doll Making Supplies
How to......& tips for friends of the fur (teddy bear makers)
Vintage style bears and artists

Good luck x

Board footer