Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01808-2.JPGDSC01809-2.JPG

The knee surgery I was expecting in June or July will be a huge blessing.  I will be able to move without pain and go to bed with out codeine to dull the deep bone pain.   The hubs and I will get to go hiking again.

I said to my doctor; "I can hardly wait!"

I came home and started my to do list.  Clean out the closets, medicine cabinets, organize several boxes with all the supplies I need for mini bears, ATC cards, Dolly face painting, etc.....Clean the oven, fridge, cupboards, the pantries...

Rearranging the freezer with the pre-prepared-ready-to-eat stuff easy to get at...make sure

MY favorite ice cream

is stocked up, and that I have easy to carry containers for tea etc.....

After all I have had three

surgeries in the last 5 years.  I know what I'm about, and what I need to do to feel peaceful and calm and contented during recuperation.

I already have the best computer setup- why I could fall asleep at the computer and still be in my recliner, with a cat an either side.  (Keeps you warm to have a cat on either side....kind of like a 2 cat night.)

I am organized now to get organized, I have my to do list, my what should be done in the event of....list, what needs to be purchased or brought in from the garage list, and life is going on swimmingly 

I also weighed this morning and was very pleased

The doctor's office called last night.

My surgery is in 2 and a half weeks.

WHAT?!

Now i am frazzled....can't figure out what to do first, times a wasting, getta move on..

YIKES

My darling hubster said; "Do the closets really need to be cleaned out?"

Hmmmmm....is this a little perspective?

Maybe he is right, maybe I can make Aleta's card and send him to do the shopping and just relax and have fun?

Hmmmm....now that would be glass totally full not just half full. 

I like that!

But we all know that I'm easy!

bear_grin

So I wont be on as much in the next few weeks-getting ready and a few weeks after that, doing tons of physical therapy etc.....but i will pop in whenever I can to say "hey!" and look
at all the beautiful teddies.....

and if you guys don't miss me I'll be crushed to bits and cry rivers  bear_grin  bear_grin

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

dilu

PS  This is Sabine's card, I finished it last night and its on its way to beautiful Sweden.

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Hi Dilu:  Good luck on your knee surgery and your recovery.  Yes, we will all miss you  :hug:   Love the picture, they are adorable.

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Dilu, no need for rivers of tears, of course we will miss you! :hug:  :hug:

I love your new card. So cute!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Holy cow Dilu!!  Of course we shall all miss you!!  Good luck with the surgery, and try not to stress yourself out too much on getting things done before hand.   bear_wub  bear_wub  Just do what really can't wait, and leave the rest for later........it will wait for you!! bear_grin

:hug:
Tracy

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Good luck with your surgery Dilu! Don't forget to stock up on chocolate!

Your card is on its way too! If the gods of mail and post are with us you may just get it before the surgery (post office says 4-6 days, but its usually more like 10-14 days).
This is her card everybody.
ATC2front.jpg

Hugs

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous card, Dilu... and Sabine as well.  Dilu, of course we'll miss you like crazy.  Gobs and gobs of missing you.  But the important thing is not guilt or closets, but to get better, and TAKE CARE OF YOU!

Hugs,

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Hope the surgery goes well. I just started acupuncture sessions for my knee in hopes of avoiding surgery - seems to be helping so far!
I liked your "two cat night". Our Bostons sleep with us and we call it "Three dog night". When my husband puts them out for the last run in the evening he calls out "Three Dog Night" and they all squirm out from under the covers, etc and run like mad. Unfortunately since poor Gracie passed away it's only a Two Dog Night now. bear_cry

Marion

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Dilu, sending you lots of healing wishes!!!!  And big hugs too   :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Dilu, of course we will miss you - what will we do without your wonderful sense of humour - cry!  Hope your surgery is a huge success and you can do all the hiking you like.

Hugs,

Brenda

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Dilu,  we will all miss you big time!! I think it's wonderful that you will get your surgery soon and be well on the road to recovery before the really nice "hiking " weather sets in. I didn't have any more than a week or two notice before my surgery , leave the closets, get things ready that will make life easy and your bear and golly supplies in one container close at hand. Hugs and prayers for a wonderful surgery and speedy healing.  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Darling Dilu,  bear_flower
Don't you worrry about getting my card done.  Silly goose!  And don't worry about cupboads or closets or any such nonsense.  It will all be there for you when you're really ready to tackle them.  In the meantime, try to stay off your feet so the pressure on your knees is reduced.  Okay?  That way you'll have more TT time before your surgery too!   bear_happy   

We'll all be thinking about you and wishing you were here to share your wisdom, humor and golly babes.

Warmest and biggest silly bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Great card Dliu and good luck you will be a new woman

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Dliu you will be missed so much, Hope your surgery goes well and we will all be thinking of you  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Dilu..What??? MIss you ??? I already do...you are such a wonderful positive person ...we all love you!

Good luck with the knee surgery dear...very cute card you made there...I must try one soon...HUgs and Love...Winney

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Ohhh Dilu, Wishing you much luck with the surgery & a very speedy recovery!!!!! My tip for you: take homeopathic Arnica beginning the day before surgery & for a couple of days beyond...will help prevent bruising & swelling...oops...the "mother hen herbalist" comes out sometimes...sorry... missing you already just thinking about it...keeping you in my thoughts

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

DILU,

I MISS  YOU ALREADY bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Like everyone else said.  YOU take care of YOU.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  We will all be here for you and will be praying for a speedy recovery. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Dilu, I hope your surgery goes well and you will be up and at em in no time!!  Of course we will miss you, your posts are so much fun :)
lol, maybe hubs is right and the cupboards can wait, but you sound just like my mum bear_happy  working till the last minute of her op and said she can sleep when they knock her out lol
Relax and take care of yourself, before and after....you need all your strenght for recovery. 
lots of love  :hug:
Sarah

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Dilu- I'm adding my prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. A friend at my church just had both knees replaced ( not sure what you are having done exactly  :redface: ) and she is doing really well and is so glad she had the surgery. Hope you feel the same way!
Suzanne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh dear, Diane . . . I do hope the surgery goes well and that your post op recovery is fast and successful!
You know you will be missed soooooo much - you share your wit and wisdom freely with us and it is much appreciated.  Please don't wear yourself out doing closets and cupboards . . . why do they need to get done now??  I wish you well . . . big hugs and much love.

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

Dilu we miss you already!

I can sympathise with the two cat night -- a two Maine Coon cat night involves not being able to get out of bed because you are pinned under the covers by their cumulative weight. :)

-- Erika Fawcett
Fuzzbutt Bears

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Dilu,

you get well soon dear Dilu - sending loads of love and hugs. .....  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

we will endeed miss you as well.....

Hugs Kassie

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Dilu, we will all be thinking of you and wishing you a super speedy recovery. It's nice that your surgery was bumped up, you will be out hiking that much sooner. Forget about the closets, they can be cleaned anytime but it is important to make sure that you have plenty of your favorite ice cream stocked up. bear_grin  bear_grin

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu ~  we will definitely miss you !! bear_cry
Good luck on your knee surgery.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I wish for your speedy recovery.  :pray:

Gentle Hugs/Marie

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Dilu

closets schmosets....someone in the posts above mentioned getting ready the things you will want to have on hand post surgery and she was absolutely right.  Post surgery you won't be caring about the closets, you'll be feeling restless and needing to have stuff all prepared  that you can work at from your chair.

Take good care of yourself and we look forward to seeing you after you recuperate!

hugs,
Melissa

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Great news Dilu--you'll be springing around like a new colt in no time.  :dance: Not too soon, though!  bear_angry

bear_laugh Closets? Never clean out a closet until you can't close the door. If closets were meant to be neat, why would they have doors anyway?

I agree with Judi--we miss you already.  bear_cry

Eileen

Board footer