Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

rabbit26.jpgrabbit25.jpgI finally finished this guy yesterday.  I'm planning to list him this weekend, but I simply can't come up with a name that suits him-------I have a hard time with the naming! bear_tongue

He is made from recycled alaskan fur seal (that I got by accident thinking I was buying sheared beaver.....I'm not sorry! bear_laugh  This is the softest stuff ever!) with fox fur for his muzzle, chest, and tail.  This one took me forever as it wasn't easy fur to work with and now I have very sore fingers!!!  I did wax the nose this time as the stitched nose just didn't look right on him, plus I messed it up in a couple of places so had to hide the boo boos! bear_grin

Any ideas on a name for him? 

:hug:
Tracy

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

How about you name him awsome! 'Cause that's what he is!

I'm too amazed by him to think of a name.Super cool though, I love him!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Wow...he is so realistic looking. Beautiful! Grandpa or gramps was the first thought I had when I saw him. He looks very wise, also!

Iowa
Website

Thanks gals!!  bear_wub

Heather, you're so funny! bear_grin  bear_grin I'm picturing this guy on ebay with the name 'Awesome' bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh ..............

Tracy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very handsome bunny, Tracy . . . very nice face!!  Harrison Hare.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This bunny is AWESOME... cant think of a name, but he is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE EYES!

ellen ontario, canada

TUCKER!  gorgeous wabbit!   :clap:

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

He makes me think of Captain Holly from "Watership Down". I love him!
Suzanne

Iowa
Website

Great ideas!.........I think I like SueAnn's Harrison Hare........reminds me of hunky Harrison Ford. bear_wub .....He's still yummy as an old guy! 

SueAnn-Do you mind if I use that name?  Making sure you wouldn't like to use it yourself later! bear_happy

Tracy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Tracy!!! Ia am so sorry Hon!! I cannot come up with a name for this guy because I am in AWE!!!! He is beautiful!!

Many Hugs Louise

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Geez ...I thought he was REAL when I saw him in your avatar Tracy!
Those eyes are great!
Harrison Hare suits him beautifully...he's very regal. :clap:

AnnG Childhood Treasures
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA

What about Truffles. He reminds me of rich dark chocolatey truffles.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Well, I can't come up with a name besides Roger (and what an original name, huh?!) but he is just wonderful!  I love him!

Oh, and hi! Since I've not met you yet....  It's very nice to meet you!

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Tracy wrote:

Great ideas!.........I think I like SueAnn's Harrison Hare........reminds me of hunky Harrison Ford. bear_wub .....He's still yummy as an old guy! 

SueAnn-Do you mind if I use that name?  Making sure you wouldn't like to use it yourself later! bear_happy

Tracy

Oh yes, do use it . . . I would be very pleased for you to!!  Hooray, I named the bunny!!!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooooh beautiful bunny. He reminds me of our first show bun - who was a star  bear_wub  Anyhow, his name was Bugsy and he ended up going bald - so that put an end to his show career  bear_wacko    bear_laugh

LOL ANyhow, how about Bugsy Bunny?

I LOVE him, your work amazes me.
Danni

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I'm glad he is going to be called Harison it really suits him!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh, he is wonderful tracy  bear_wub   bear_wub  I love Sue Ann's name but Grandpa Awesome would have worked too  bear_grin   bear_grin  . Amazing!!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Wow, Tracy! He is magnificent! He does look old and wise. I love his name - way to go, SueAnn!

Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub Thanks gals!!...for all the compliments and name ideas(they're all great bear_wub ) !!  I am totally going to call him Harrison Hare though.  It just seems to suit him!  Thanks SueAnn!!!! bear_thumb  I never could have come up with something that good myself! bear_grin  Harrison Hare will be going on ebay this weekend!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Tracy

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Wow...I love him....wish I could name him 'mine' bear_wub

Marion

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

:dance: Tracy he is AMAZING and looks so real .  I can feel the softness, I love seal fur but it sure is messy to work with  don't you think . The only name I can think of is Whiskers. But, I think the name Harrison Hare is the perfect choice.

Iowa
Website

Yes Tammy, seal fur is messy to work with, but has to be the softest stuff there is!  I love it! bear_wub   The most difficult part I noticed was with hand sewing.  With every stitch, the fur wanted to come along with the thread and make a knotted mess.  It was easier without using wax on my thread like I usually do, but still had some problem with it.  Was I ever glad to be done with all the sewing!! bear_tongue   I also noticed the hide of this alaskan seal fur was pretty heavy.  I have some other seal fur that is much lighter and probably lots easier to handle too.  (I hope!! bear_grin )

Tracy

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

This guy is awesome!  The first name that comes to mind for me is Fairbanks.  That name has duel meaning.  Of course, Fairbanks, Alaska, but also the actor Douglas Fairbanks who was a very handsome and classy man.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original He's fantastic, Tracy!!

I was going to suggest "Fitzgerald" or "Gatsby" . . . no mystery what I'm working on, I guess.  bear_wacko 

I love this bunny  bear_wub

Eileen

Board footer