Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pegasus281 Posts: 2

Hello everyone so I am new to the forum,so I bought this bear that is 23 1/2 inches tall, has all movable joints including head, looks to be two tone by lighter chest, black button eyes, straw inside. Any idea what company may have made this?, came out of an very old houses attic here in new england, family seemed to think it may have been early 1900s?. Any idea on value?, or if anyone could recommend any good restoration services that work with older bears?. thanks so much!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Could you post a photo of the bear, Pegasus?

sue ann I figured out the picture file size reduction, hope the pics help- I have more if you need them. thanks

EJ Netcong, New Jersey

Very nice bear.   I personally love old bears like yours!   I have no idea who made him, sorry, but could he be a Knickerbocker bear with those long paw pads??  As far as restorers, I am looking for someone, too.   I just found one in Virginia by the name of Mar-Ke Mohair.   You might want to google that name and look at her website.

Thanks I did reach out to her for restoration that's def one of my top possibilities she does nice work. As for identifying i can see why you guessed knickerbocker that's very possible based on the look..ive had someone also tell me its a possible american ideal brand? Any other opinions welcomed.

Board footer