Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Well I finally finished my first bear with my own pattern.  First I decided to list all the features I liked on a bear.  Long nose, pot belly, bent arms and legs.  I then proceeded to the drawing table.  After tossing many trails, I finally decided this one was okay.  The body is six pieces and the head is 10 pcs  I decided to use cream mohair, which some of it I dyed a slivery green.  Her eyes are hand painted in blue and green (Thank you Shelli).  Next time I plan on making the arms and legs longer.  I also found myself actually cutting and reshaping the parts as  I cut  them out from the mohair - so much for the original pattern.  I am still trying different ways to get more of a pot belly.

I gave her to my sister, however we are having a hard time naming her - help please

still figuring out this pic thing

bear_angry still trying

Okay lets try this again, if this fails, I am sending the pics to my sister, who does graphic designsbear.JPG

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Pretty and cute cute cute bear!
Are you sure this is your first one?
I am green of jealousy!

you are soooo talentuous!

Beary hugs,
Sophie. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

bear1.JPG

All Right my sister fixed them for me here they are

bear4.JPGfinal one

Pretty and cute cute cute bear!
Are you sure this is your first one?
I am green of jealousy!

Thank you Shopie, yes my first fully done bear.  You would not believe how many where thrown out  :redface:  It only took 5 months :redface:
:hug:
Lauie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very nice!  She look so glamourous :dance:

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Lauie,
                Your bear is very cute for a first attempt, you have made a good job of her ,are the eyelashes false or just the mohair brushed with black??.  Good luck with your next one now.  Hugs Rita xx

Thank you guys so much for the nice compliments.  Rita the lashes are fake ones glued to the lid, looks like I need to fix the one eye when I see my sister this weekend.

We still do not have a name for her
Laurie

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

She's wonderful Laurie!  Those eyes look like you could just go for a nice cool swim in them!!!!   bear_smile  bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild THyme Originals

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Ooooooooh!!  She looks like a movie star!!  I love the shading around her eyes and her EYES!!  Gorgeous bear!  She reminds me of ice or crystal...glitz & glam!  Congratulations, I would say she's a success!!!

Amelia

ellen ontario, canada

WONDERFUL first attempt - thanx for sharing!!    bear_thumb

just as an aside - there is a great bear supplies company here in Canada that uses the name LB Bears too.  www.lbbears.com

Ellen

just as an aside - there is a great bear supplies company here in Canada that uses the name LB Bears too.  www.lbbears.com

Thank you so much every one - still thinking of a name.

Ellen, Loonie brougth that to my attention also.  I am not affiliated with them, I may have to change my title.  I just took My initales Laurie Beth - hence LB Bears.
Laurie

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub  bear_wub Very nice first bear Laurie!!  Great job......love those eyes on her! bear_thumb

Tracy

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Wonderful! Are you sure this is your 1st?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Pretty young lady . . . how about Crystal?

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Great job, Laurie!   :clap:

beary_clairey Luton

You really could swim in those eyes !!!

I think she could be called Azure !!!

Hugs

Claire

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Laurie - she is an excellent bear - I think your sister must be sooo delighted with her :clap: She is also glamorous - waht about Marylin as a name??
Keep up the good work :hug:  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Very glamorous Bear, Laurie and what pretty eyes.
Great work for your first Bear.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Oooh, Lovely Bear, Laurie!

bear_thumb You're definitely on your way!  bear_thumb

I'm an 'advancing' beginner, but I also rework pattern pieces as I go, snipping, tucking, often starting over and adding a dart or gusset if necessary, sometimes recutting a pattern piece.

For me, that's the fun of it--though I suspect it would be much more practical to settle on a single pattern and vary the fur, accessories, scissor sculpting and needle sculpting.

Eileen

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww Laurie,

Darling girl that has to be one of the cutest first bears I have ever seen.....Tell your sister thanks for such wonderful pictures.

And your first bear has so many wonderful touches that make her special, like the gentle blue shading around her lovely eyes, very nice. 

And I love the muzzel,  first I liked the length  and then the little freckles around the nose, so cute!!!

Her nose is perfect and her eyelashes!  What a flirt. 

Oh honey, I hope you feel very very pleased with her and proud of yourself.  She is truly lovely.

And here's something to think about:  if your first bear is this good whats going to happen when you've made your 10th or 50th?  This should be really fun to watch....I see big things in your future!  Yipppeeeee!

gollyhuggels

dilu

Board footer