Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

I'm soooo sick of redoing the headgussets of my bears! I'm just a mess when it comes do designing headgussets!  bear_wacko

I first do the headsides and then measure with a thread how long the gusset should be, and then.. well.... I just give it ago and sketch it all by hand... which means that I most of the time just guess and have to do it all over again!

There must be a more PROFESSIONAL way to do this!   bear_tongue

I have just bought the teddybear making encyclopedia where they describe how it SHOULD be don but I don't get it! *wacko!*

Help... anyone?

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Mmm... I find more easy to design the gusset first, measure with a thread from the center of the part where will be the nose to the end of the gusset, then put this thread on a line that will be the edge of the headside gusset, et voilĂ ...

Mmm.... Not sure I'm clear at all...  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Hugs :).

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Hi Jennie- I use a flexible ruler to draw head gussets. I used to use this hard to describe method of "rocking" the side head pattern along a piece of folded paper, but then I saw a suggestion from Sue Ann to use a flexible ruler and I've done that ever since. It's pretty easy to alter the shape using the ruler, too.
   Suzanne

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

The thing with the flexible ruler sounds interesting, I have to look that up! Thanks!

Board footer