Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Am going to give wired arms a go and I was wondering, is it best to have the zigzag arm, a straight arm, a curved arm, etc., for wiring? 

Thank you for your advice!

Amelia

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I use chenille pipe cleaners. My arm shape is a slightly larger than usual normal one but the other way up, then I bend it to shape. Kim Basta does lovely bent arms and legs, thats all in the pattern.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I've been wondering about this too, Amanda--thanks for asking the question!  bear_thumb

If you're going for maximum posability, every position from straight to curved, it seems at least possible that you could cut a relatively straight arm and stuff it lightly, so it wouldn't bind at the elbow when bent.

When you straighten a bent arm, wouldn't you get a an unsightly bulge at the elbow?

I've been through so much trial and error lately with my danged bunny that I hope somebody already knows the answer. I don't mind the trial and the triumph, but I'm a little sick of the error!

Eileen

Board footer