Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi everyone

Is there anybody here on this board, who knows where to buy
sticky clothe outsite Canada.

It is so expensive to send it to Denmark and takes very long time
to arrive.

Sticky clothe is what you use to put on the back of real fur.

Hugs Birgitte

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, you mean FUSIBLE WEB or FUSIBLE INTREFACING !?
At least, that's what we call it here in the states. But it has to be ironed on which I wouldn't do on real fur.

Is this something that has self-adhesive on the back that just sticks to the pelt when you press it on? Now that would be handy. We've talked about all kinds of ways to adhere muslin or similar to the pelt to 'line' real fur but I don't recall anyone mentioning sticky cloth!!!

Do tell us more about it, Brigitte!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

They have sticky cloth here in Canada .. I think  www.laboursoflove.com. I have not tried it so I can't say anything more than I know it that there is such a thing. Sorry I can't help with a supplier outside of Canada.   bear_sad   :hug:   :hug:

Denmark

Daphne - it is not to be iron on - it is selfadhesive.

I bought some in Canada - Labour of love - but it was to expensive for me to
buy there, and it took ages to arrive in Denmark.

It is gorgegeus to use on real fur.

I can show a pivture of it, if you like.

Hugs Birgitte

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Brigitte,
Do you know who the manufacturer is for this product?  I have a few places I can check but it would help if I knew the name of the manufacturer.   How many yards would you need?
Donna

Denmark

Donna - I don't know the manufacture.
But it's only about 3 metre, I want now. But, I want to try it on synthetic fur, too.
Then, 3 metre is not enough.

Hugs Birgitte

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Now that sounds very interesting. I wonder if it damages the fur in the long run though. Labours of love doesn't specify what it is or who manufactures it. I have an iron-on meant for leather, which is ironed on at the lowest setting. Its a type of Vliesofix made by Freudenberg. I have tried it once on fragile squirrel fur and so far the bear seems ok. Generally I prefer just to follow Nancy Tillberg's instructions of using cotton muslin as backing for real fur. It takes the stress of the fur and doesn't harm it.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Birgitte
Do you have any furriers where you live. If so go and ask them what they use to line their furs. I had some of the stuff from Labours of love but found that it really gummed up my needles and I wasn't sure that the fur could still breathe so stopped using it
Hugs
Gail

Denmark

Sabine - I will try, and find the vliesofix, you are writing about.

Gail - We have some furrier in Copenhagen - it is 40 km from me, maybe they are using
the stuff, Sabine is telling about. Next time, I am going there, I will ask them. I am sorry
to hear, that it gummes your needles. Maybe the stuff isn't so fabulous, that I thought.

It was on Beary Cheap's Cheap Chat, that I learnt about Sticky clothe, and I bought a
piece from Labour of love. But as I wrote, it was very expensive to post to Denmark, and it
took 1½ month before it's arrived.

Hugs Birgitte

Board footer