Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Martin-1.jpgI could not wait anymore to show you Martin and his Kingfisher I finished yesterday.

Martin is a 26 cm tall (a bit more than 10 inches) mohair bear. I made him with a golden backing sparse pale grey mohair except the inner ears which are made in a white creamy sparse mohair. He is fully jointed with safety joints and has beautiful charcoal glass eyes with black pupils. I made him seed bead eyelids. He is stuffed with polyester fibers and has a heavy dense uncarded polyester plus platic beads in his tummy.
His paw pads and foot pads are in felt and his nose, mouth and eyebrows are in a matching colour. i made some shadings with red tea, black tea and brown Marabu textil pen.
He has got a jingle bell in each ear.
his toes are sculpted and he has a bead on each foot pad.
He wears a beatiful removable necklace i made him with a huge bead and some seed beads in matching colours.
Martin's best friend is a Kingfisher i made for him with seed beads. The Kingfisher is 32 mm tall (almost 1,5 inches).
This Kingfisher spends his time trying to steal Martin's fish!
Martin has got a fancy woolen fisher net I hand knitted with my own fingers (that was a lot of fun!).
I attached some needle felted floaters on each "corner" of his net.
Martin managed to catch a big strange fish in his net: this fish is needle felted and has seed bead eyes. It is hand painted with Marabu textil paints.
Martin catched some algae too in his net: these algae are needle felted too.

martinid23ps.jpg

martin22rj.jpg

I hope you like him!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

He is wonderful Sophpie.  I love the bead eyelids- what a clever idea !  He looks so adorable in his jacket too.
:clap:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Beautiful ! Your bears are so artsy (if the word does exist  :rolleyes:) ! Very unique and full of character !

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a lot of fantastic work you have put into this creation, Sophie!  Wow . . . how impressive and original!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Sophie ! The work that you have put into this little Doll! He is fantastic! He is sure to bring many smiles!

Many Hugs Louise

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Wonderful bear and I love the bird and all the details with the net and fish and algae. Your use of beads is really imaginative and original.  :clap:  :clap:  :hug:  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

You have become so wonderfully creative Sophie. Never stop!!!! Beautiful bear, absolutely beautiful!!
Welldone!!!!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :hug:
Love the eye detail :clap:
Wendy :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Amazing Sophie!  What a lot of work and detail.  Wonderful job :clap:
xox Sarah

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

he is fantastic I really love him  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer