Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Picture-4287.jpgPicture4193.jpg

I know we discussed "our look" before and I never really felt like I had one. I had listed Ory around Easter but he did not sell. After Ory, I experimented for days to try to find something new. I then tried out my new tecqniques on Phenton and was pleased with him (well as pleased as anyone who is never really happy with their own work) so I redid Ory and added a few accessories. The flowers are a Mother's Day gift for his new Mom. I was lucky enough to find paper roses(which I adore) and then a sheer ribbon that matched. Here's a few pictures. First Ory after (his face),then before (sorry,pictures got mixed up and I had a terrible time trying to edit  :redface:   :redface:   bear_cry
Then before all body shot and last is after all body shot.

Picture4175.jpg

Next is Ory after he had "work" done. What do you think, could this finally be my look or is it even worth my time to develope.

Picture4319.jpg

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Shari,
I always thought you had a LOOK. I recognize your bears! But I don't see flowers in these? or a sheer ribbon... am I confused? the first and the last pictures look like what I think is your look.
wow.. that didn't sound like it made sense even to me.. hope you understand what I mean
Sonya

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Darling Shari,  bear_flower
I don't see any flowers.  A bit of blue blankie perhaps but not a flower to behold.

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Your "look"?  I thought you already had a lovely one.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh, I hate dial-up!!!! My pictures took forever to load,one at a time, then I couldn't load one no matter what I tried,yes the one with the flowers and ribbon, then my hubbie called from work and I had to disconnect...grrrr,please bear with me while I edit and then have another look. Thanks  :hug:   :hug:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Your bear is lovely.  And i recognise your bears.  It is in the face. The placement of the eyes and ears.  how you trim their nmouths.

Your bears are lovely

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I love him before as well as after!!!!!   bear_wub   The honest/constructive criticism type oppinion though.... I do like him better in the after shots... something about that white under the eyes really seems to soften up his little face... makes him seem a whole lot sweeter and doe-eyed.  Plus the extra detail in the feet really balances well with the facial details....

Very nice Sherri!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls , I'm want my bears to be different and not like anyone elses. I know this is hard to achieve and still stay true to the style of bear that appeals to me personally which is sweet and soulful. I am trying this new lid and under eye technique but maybe the pictures really don't even show this .I guess it's such a small thing but I agree with Kim , it does have a softer ,more innocent appeal which is the direction I am aiming. Thanks for looking and commenting, sorry for taking up so much time and space with my pictures. I'll take them down after a couple of days but just wanted some feedback on the changes.  :hug:   :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I admire you Shari, for having the courage to do a make-over on your bear!!! Although he looks absolutely lovely in the 'before' shots, I agree with Kim and think he looks even lovlier in the 'after' shots. I love what you've done with his eyes and the extra detail on his feet completes him.

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I liked him the first time and was tempted to bid but just couldn't justify it at the time. I like him even better now.  :clap: unfortunately, still can't justify it but he is great.

Marion

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Shari,

I love your bears you know that!!!!!   I think he's bootiful in his before and after shots, but to be brutelly honest, I perfer him without the white under his eyes  - sorry. I've been wondering if I should say anything, and I decided that you would probably like opinions from both sides of the fence.

I still think he is adorable wit the whites though!
Hope you don't mind my comments.
Danni

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks  :hug: 
Danni , of course I don't mind your comments, I wanted all opinions and I am thankful for your honesty.  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

And I liked him WITH the whites under his eyes.  Actually, I just like him anyway but the whites made him look plaintive and that appealed. bear_wub

Shari, the one thing I've learned over the years since I've had Peggotty is that there is a right person for every bear ever made.  You've just gotta get them together .... the bear and the person .....that's the hard part! bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue

Your little guy is just delicious.  Keep at it. :dance:

Hugs,

Sue

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks Sue  bear_grin   bear_grin  I appreciate your comments and advice  bear_smile   :hug:   :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Shari, I trend to prefer your befer before the changes!!! But before and after he is definitely typical to you!

Just to let you understand that I think the same as Sue and I love Ory! This is the collector talking so i hope my comments are helpful for you.
I cannot afford to buy every bear I love, unfortunately, because of a lack of space and mostly because I cannot spend as much money as I would like!!!

So whatever look you decide for your next bears (with or without so white added) they will find a good mom.

It is not always the good time to list them, I guess.
So just enjoy them for a while and try again later, or just keep them until the next teddy bear show, and then no one will resist them because after hugging them, they won't manage to part!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Shari I thought you already had a look too lol.  I can spot your bears on the bears showcase  bear_tongue
You know I loved Ory before you made the changes but I do like the whites too.  They add cuteness and more of a 'oh please love me' sort of look.  I love your photos by the way and I've always loved the colouring of your eyes.  Do you paint them yourself?
xo Sarah

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Me too Shari! I've always thought your bears were distinctive and special. bear_flower

bear_original I like both looks. Their appeal is different, though the detail on Ory2 is great. Without the whites, Ory looks wide eyed and innocent, like a baby. With the whites, he looks sad and a bit less innocent, maybe a bit older.

This is just me. I'd be the customer standing there forever, unable to decide!

Eileen

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Shari, you definitely have your stile already.  bear_smile
I love new look and new photo of Ory. very nice !! bear_wub
He has the look saying  "Pray with me !!" . bear_laugh

He has beautiful eyes with the white back and cute toes !!
I admire your nose work too. he has pretty color nose.  bear_wub

I also like the old look of Ory and before + after look totally different.
it's very hard to compere because both has special look in the face.  bear_flower

Hugs/Marie

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

If I had money I would have adopted Ory when I first saw him. His big round eyes appeal me very much. He is sure very nice with his new eyes, but it's just a personal taste : I like his baby face in the before picture. But both are great and your bears DO have a very unique look !  :hug:

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Shari, you do have your own look, I always recognize your bears when I see them. I love your bears and I thought that Ory was adorable. His look is entirely different now,  and I like both looks as well, the sweet little baby Ory and the older one. I love the new detail in his feet.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

SHARI YEAH , HELLO AGAIN... bear_original

YOUR BEARS ARE SO LOVELY  bear_thumb

I LOVED ORY PRIOR TO HIS FACE LIFT bear_wub

AND I LOVE ORY SO MUCH NOW TOO bear_wub

bear_wub I WOULD BUY HIM IF I HAD ANY SPARE MONEY bear_wub .... HE IS SOOOOO ADORABLE.... bear_wub

I THINK YOU SHOULD DO BOTH FACE STYLES  bear_thumb THEY ARE BOTH EXCELLENT ... bear_thumb

AND YOU DO YOU HAVE A LOVELY STYLE ALL OF YOUR OWN... JUST ADMIRE YOU AVATAR...GORGEOUS bear_original

EBAY IS RUBBISH AT THE MOMENT...  bear_sad TOO MANY BEARS ARE LISTED FOR RIDICULOUSLY TOO CHEAP PRICES... THEY MUST BE MAD...  bear_wacko  ITS RUINS THE MARKET FOR EVERYONE...

ANY ONE IS LUCKY TO SELL AT A GOOD PRICE... IT WILL PICK UP AGAIN... IN A FEW WEEKS...

ME THINKS ...SAVE ALL OUR BEARS UP... FOR CRAFT SHOWS... OR WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS... bear_grin

IT IS NOT YOUR STYLE THATS THE PROBLEM bear_flower :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   I'm not really worried about him selling,  I just want to develop something new and different. I want to challenge myself so I worked on these lids and I kinda like the look but just needed to know if others thought they looked okay.
:hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww honey,

I think you have fine tuned yourself into a truly lovely look.  Congrats!  Hes lovely!

hugs

dilu

Board footer