Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

nettie scotland
Website

Has anyone else spotted this on ebay.Who would call a bear vivisection Vinnie????What a hideous idea.
I am not sure of what its all about???Anyone get it?/Am I an old fart?My daughter used to be a goth and would not like the association with vivisection.
Bewildered Diane
http://cgi.ebay.com/GOTHIC-evil-horror- … dZViewItem

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh horrors!! bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked
I hate to say anything bad about someone's art.. we all have our own taste....
But that just is NOT a bear... it's awful... evil... I am just horrified that someone would make such a thing, call it a bear and try to sell it!!!! I couldn't stay on that listing long enough to try and search for the persons other "bears".
What a way to start my Sunday Morning!  bear_sad  bear_shocked  bear_wacko  bear_cry

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I think it's just meant as a laugh Diane - but it's not that funny is it?

Not only that, they went to sooooo much trouble sculpting the face and everything you would  have thought they could have made more money by putting all that effort into a more normal looking bear.

Mind you Goths like weird stuff, loads of people i know have stuff in their houses that would give you the heebyjeebies Diane. Goths like to shock but personally i find it all a bit juvenile and silly - like kids daring each other to eat snot or worms or something
:crackup:

It's just an idiotic bear Diane  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_tongue

If you want to know about something even more disturbing - what about the 'Autopsy Babies' Dolls????? Don't believe me? If you want pics i can go off and get them for you.

Penny   :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

ERRRRGH bear_angry

I DONT KNOW NETTIE.
BUT CHECK OUT THE FEEDBACK...
THEY ARE SELLING BETTER THAN MY BEARS bear_cry

Lanie x   bear_sad

Stellajella Wien

Diane, I´ve seen these before but hurried to get back to  more kinder looking offers, because I don´t like to look at ugly things ( ugly in my interpretation as some might think they are the nicest thing since sliced bread.) bear_cry

Obviousely some people like them and I guess, it takes a lot of skill and imagination to make them. There is a vast market for every thing believable and unbelievable  ( makes me think about a SM-teddy  :crackup: )

Welcome to the olf-fart-old-tart-club *giggle* :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

beary_clairey Luton

I would have the creeps if I knew a bear like that was in my bedroom!!!

Have these people never seen Childsplay !!!

Sick !!!

Claire

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I have seen things like this before.  This is DEFINITELY  NOT something I'd want hanging around my house, but there are a few people out there that just like to collect weird, freaky things.  Anyone ever seen that movie, I think it was 'Summer School' with Mark Harmon in it?  Anyway, there were wo kids in it who were REALLY into all that special effect chainsaw massacre stuff, and they seemed to fancy the creepy stuff. 

I have also seen REALLY scary, evil or dead looking baby dolls on eBay.  Some of them were so disturbing that I had to get off that auction and just not look at it.  It's just not cool getting on ebay and looking at that kind of stuff when you're home at night, pretty much alone (the kids are in bed) and you've got a wild imagination. lol  :crackup:

But yes, the bear's SUPPOSED to look like that.....  bear_ermm  bear_wacko

Kimberly W.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked That was horrifying to look at!!  To each his own, but this person obviously has some talent, and I think it's too bad it's going to things like this. bear_cry

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

ebay sellers often use 'GOTH' as a way to label anything the least
bit ooky, as it's an often-used search term apparently - even if not
quite relevant as in this bear (IMO)

Far more satisfying than having scores of scary things like this
around, would be to nestle it among several of one's sweet, cute,
innocent bears.  bear_shocked  :twisted:

But then I have one of these
cymbalmonkpic.jpg
& it's pretty much the same effect  :crackup:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

THEY'LL BE SELLING THEM WITH THEIR OWN SPELLS NEXT ARRGH...

CAN YOU IMAGINE :crackup:

OOOOO CREEPY :wacko:

HA HA HA HA HA
IM SURE IVE SEEN THAT MONKEY IN A HORROR FILM ... REALLY.....IM BEING SERIOUS... bear_shocked

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_tongue OMG...that monkey was a star in the movie "Eurotrip"!!!! 

Okay, goth is not my 'thang' but I have to say, somehow that "bear" was pretty impressive....at the very least, it was very, very well sculpted... I mean, they even did bellybutton detailing..

At the end of the day, I have to say, not only is it selling, but it seems to be selling better than cute and fluffy....does anyone else see a problem with this pattern???  bear_cry

nettie scotland
Website

I don't have a problem with nasty looking bears it was the use of the term vivisection which got me going.My daughters bedroom used to be covered in posters of the Murder dolls and slipnot etc and she liked some pretty dodgy music .Most of her Goth pals were far better behaved and more intelligent than the so called normal kids and all of them were into the dogs when they came round.I am not a cutesy person myself but hate the name she has given the "bear".The rst she has listed are not my kind of thing but I don't find them offensive like this one.I suppose it takes all sorts ???
Diane xxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yuck!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

I agree with you Diane,
All her bears are really creepy (I did check to see what else she had listed!) but the idea that this is supposed to represent a bear with his face cut off to show his skull - and all that "blood" shading around the fur of the skull to boot! - YUCK! it just turns my stomach!!!! I don't know how someone could make this let alone other people want to buy it!!! Positively disturbing!
Bear hugs, Edie
P.S. Now I need to go look at some cute cuddly teds to get this image out of my mind - I hope it doesn't give me nightmares!!!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

The movie is called 'Monkey Shines'  with that creepy monkey in it....

bear_original Kimberly W.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Yikes, I could have nightmares about that 'bear'  bear_shocked

Dilu Posts: 8,574

If one were to believe, and I do, that what we fill our mind with determines the health of our mind, the same as what we put in our bodies determines the health of our body, then one would have to question the stableness of the mind behind the creation of that bear.

Sort of like the mosaic of the Madonna that was covered in feces and hung in the Met.   Or was it a painting?

Many were up set because they saw it as a desecration of the Madonna, a slap in the face of Christianity, and just downright disgusting.

Others were not upset by the content so much as ticked off that American tax dollars helped pay for it.  The artist had a government grant to create it.

I'm looking at this as an interesting clash of morals, ethics and decency.

If one respects others belif's will they denegrate and desicrate the symbols of that belief?

or

as Pen suggested, also correct I believe, that they are doing it to upset, shock, create an uproar.

The problem with using art to shock, in a negative fashion, is that each shock must trump the last shock....how much farther can they go?  Is there a limit?

Snuf films are available on the internet.  If snuf films are not the apex of shock what is?

The bear was desturbing, as I would consider any art that had a similar depiction.  But I am more concerned at where we are headed as a society, if this is considered OK. 

Sure, dilu, you can ask all the questions but have no answers.  fat lotta good you are!  bear_ermm

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That thing/bear or whatever it is is very scary!  I know to each his own, but that thing freaked me out.   bear_shocked

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

creepy!!!!!!!!!!!

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

That has got to be the most hideous thing I have ever ever seen. bear_wacko

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh my! ....
As others have said -each to their own taste.
I prefer them to be cute and cuddly myself.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I just " had" to go look at it...Poor thing, somebody bury it........ Looks like it came out of the jungles of Bornio where  some witch doctor must have owned it...

.Remember that old movie called " The Trilogy " That creepy little carved artifact  guy with the spear?...I saw that movie at home late one night when I was about 30....could hardly stand to set my feet  off the couch and onto the floor after that......I was so glad she threw it into the microwave !!!! I think that movie was the scaryiest one I have ever seen... besides Phyco...well. anyway it stayed with me...all these years... I do admit I cab't hardly bear to take a shower when I am along in the house..I do not like to watch scary or bloody , demon movies...there are just too many other things Id rather fill my mind with than garbage....Winney

nettie scotland
Website

Oh my lots of interesting comments here.I needed my brain for the first time in a while.I actually love horror movies and scary stuff in general.I think it is wrong to explot animal suffering.I know this was a jokey vivisection bear but the fact that many thousands of animals are bein experimented on while her weird bear is on ebay makes it a bit sick.I know everyone has different ideas on the subject of animals used in experiments but even if you thinks it is acceptable this use of it as a shock tactic to make money cannot be right.I can see she is talented and I admire some of the realistic scary bears listed.I just wish she had not crossed the line(as I see it).Then again that may be seen as censorship which is another grey area.As I have droned on about before I do feel we who make money from these creatures to owe them, if nothing else respect.There I have said my bit now.
Diane xxx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_tongue bear_angry Yuck, that's one revolting bear!

Why does it have a human skull?  Weird . . .

Those monkeys give me serious creeps.

Thanks to  Psycho, I've always had transparent shower curtains, and wave motion in a bathtub fills my head with the theme from Jaws

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

That is one twisted teddy.  ICK. :twisted:   It's evil and flies in the face of everything teddy bears stand for.

Notice there are no bids?

Creepy.  Very creepy.  Sick actually.  I hope it gets no bids.

Board footer