Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

bea4.jpgbear3.jpgbear2.jpgbear1.jpgGood grief, what kind of rope was this?  :crackup:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh my...can you imagine seeing that beautiful bear in your yard let alone hanging from rope?

Oh, I know Shantell...that is one gorgeous bear.
I got this in an email and had to share it with everyone.
nanc.....

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

OMG.... I guess the bird feeder is dual purpose...food *and* entertainment  :crackup:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Our bears drink out of the hummingbird feeders!!! They are lushes!!!
Here's a shot of MISTER Bashful from last year:

MALE.jpg

Hope this photo doesn't offend anyone... I'll take it off if it does... might give you ideas for making an anatomically correct bear next time!  bear_laugh

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts
Daphne wrote:

Our bears drink out of the hummingbird feeders!!! They are lushes!!!
Here's a shot of MISTER Bashful from last year:

Whoa - ohmy.

Are you sure that's a bear?
I think it's Bigfoot!

Yeah.
Foot.  bear_ermm

:crackup: roflmao

:whistle:

edited to add,
it just figures that THIS is my 100th post on the board... bear_rolleyes

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Daphne wrote:
Hope this photo doesn't offend anyone... I'll take it off if it does... might give you ideas for making an anatomically correct bear next time!

Perhaps an anatomically correct bear..do you mean without the ding a long!! ha.ha...aahhh that's nature for ya!
Mr BASHFULL...mmm, perhaps Mr Casanova!!

WOW..how awesome to get a picture like that..or to even be that close to get a photo...so they really do come in your backyards..l'd tell Mr Bashful next time to put a branch over it...ha.ha.ha

Love your photos Nancy...amazing.. actually Daphne, first thought it was someone dressed up!!

ha ha ha ahahahahhah ha aha hahahahha aha........gasp......chuckle chuckle
Very funny Lisa  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Whoa - ohmy.

Are you sure that's a bear?
I think it's Bigfoot!

Yeah.
Foot.   

roflmao

edited to add,
it just figures that THIS is my 100th post on the board...

Big Foot!...................ha hahahahha hah ah hah ha ha aha............giggle

O my word you are funny :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Congrats on you 100th posting  bear_thumb

Daphne this is a fab pic of your MR.BIG.......alias KING DONG........alias MR.BANANA BUNCH..........................ha hahahahahahh haha ha ha  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

I think i have just discovered ANOTHER reason to run like heck if i ever get confronted by a BIG black bear............................................my eyes are watering just thinking about it.
:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

SORRY Daphne - i will stop now

Penny
(laughing laughing laughing - gasp - snort) :crackup:

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:crackup:  Geez, what's IN that hummingbird feeder?!! :crackup:

Eileen

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I've seen this before.  So incredible!!  Wish we had bears here  bear_cry

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Here's another photo... mama bear the year before last.
BearDeck.jpg
Melanie: Her two cubs had come to visit me a few times before this... once while I was laying on the deck sunning myself... they were no more than 15 feet from me... it was my first close encounter.... I was frozen out of excitement, fear and cursing myself for not having a camera... like I take a camera with me everytime I'm going to lay in the sun in my back yard!  bear_rolleyes
Anyway, figuring mom was close by I didn't move. Eventually the cubs spotted me, we had a little staring contest then they retreated back into the woods where mom must have been watching.

I'm actually more afraid of the moose we have!! They don't see so well, are rather dumb and I expect one to walk right over me and when it's rut season they'll charge you. But the are so cool. I won't bore you with those pictures though! No moose 'privates' to show you!  :crackup:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Funny picture!

Daphne, super cool. I wish I got to see things like that in my backyard..........soo cool

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Daphne wrote:

No moose 'privates' to show you!  :crackup:

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
I'm not sure I'd WANT to see

THAT

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

There is sooooooo much i want to say about this subject but WON'T

I'm keeping my mouth shut..................

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  bear_whistle  bear_laugh  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_rolleyes

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Wow, what great photos!  I would love to see a bear in my yard.  We have turkeys, deer, red fox, pheasants...not to mention cows...lots of cows.

Isn't it strange how human-like a bear looks when standing up.  Daphne, that bear looks so much like a person!  If he didn't have so mcuh hair I'd swear it was my husband!

I have plans to make a black bear.  They are so beautiful.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Judi wrote:

Isn't it strange how human-like a bear looks when standing up.  Daphne, that bear looks so much like a person!  If he didn't have so mcuh hair I'd swear it was my husband!

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  I'm not touching that one with a ten foot pole!!   :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Judi wrote:  Isn't it strange how human-like a bear looks when standing up.  Daphne, that bear looks so much like a person!  If he didn't have so mcuh hair I'd swear it was my husband!

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

sorry Judi - could'nt help it  :redface:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You guys are BAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:

Lisa, as you'll see in the second photo I posted, there are woods behind that bear.... those woods are 300 acres of conservation land. We live on the outskirts of residential neighborhood in a very rural area. In fact, our house was built on a deer/moose path and they don't fail to remind us of that.

Our road is dirt and every morning when I walk the dogs it's fun to see by foot prints, what animals were out and about in the night. Lots of deer, moose, coyote and turkey.... the turkeys are mating and the males are 'gobbling' constantly... freaks the dogs out! In the winter we see lots of rabbit tracks... so cute. We have 2 pairs of hawks (I've foggotten what kind) nesting behind our house (glad we have good sized dogs!) and a screech owl that I wish would make it's home elsewhere.... he's very vocal. We also have fishercats which I've only heard, not seen. Fox, wildcats, snakes, coons, porcupines... not a summer goes by without a neighborhood dog getting quilled by one or sprayed by a skunk! When we first moved here I was afraid to go out after dark. I'd been a 'city' girl. Now I laugh when I think of what a whimp I'd been! Most all of these animals are more afraid of me than I need to be of them. It's definitely very cool living here.

Now, get your minds out of the gutter ladies....PENNY!!! :P

Judi - yes, that bear does look rather human... kind of scary!! Can't wait to see the black bear you make one day!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Daphne,

I envy you living among all of the animals.  We have many deer, rabbits, hawks etc.  We are just beginning to see foxes and coyotes, but no bears or moose.  I think that is just awesome to have these creatures so close to you.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Daphne,
     It is cool to see wildlife in your neighbourhood.  When we lived in Deep River, bears were quite often a problem and we lived in town.  About every 5 years there would be a bad year for berries etc and their natural food, so they would come to town.  There was a ton of greenspace so they could wander into town unseen.  One year, my next door neighbour had quite a large garden and also berries and a crabapple tree.  I was visiting her with another friend  with two pre-school age children.  The kids went ahead to the van, and my neighbour and the mum  and I were chatting.  When mum went to join the kids in the van, there was a large black bear sitting in the middle of the garden, having lunch.  It was a scarey predicament, because the kids wanted mum and we were afraid they would come out of the van.  We had to wait over 15 minutes for her to mosey on to the next lunch spot.  Thankfully the kids stayed in the van.  Another bear ended up in the parking lot of the town grocery store!    Moose would also wander onto the golf course.  They also had a couple of foxes that would steal the golf balls!

Even here in Kemptville, I happened to hear a noise out in my back deck and looked out to see a deer muching on my hanging baskets on the lower deck.  The back property goes to the river, and there is a gravel bike path.  At one time it was an apple orchard and there are tons of apple trees still here.  I think the deer just ate her way into our yard. 

hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

We have all the usual-except moose, I would love to see a moose....A friend in Canada has them and says they are humongous....

our bears don't usually stand up for us, not do they come very close to the house- but we leave nothing out to attract them either.  i have seen what bears can do to a back door, freezer door, car door....scarry

The deer love our yard....we don't mow the lawn very often....and sometimes an errant rose comes through the fencing where they are kept protected behind....i figure the climbing roses that come through the fence on the deer side are fair game.

Now I am shaking my head and rolling my eyes....you gals!  Pen you should have jumped in anyway!

Great stories!

Better piccys

dilu

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Thanks for sharing the pics.  I was also wondering how strong that rope was. 

Daphne, 

How neat that you have bears and moose in your backyard!  Of course, I love bears, but I also love moose.  My mom especially loves them.

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

thank you for those amazing pictures  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Daphne...this is not about the bears but I have to tell you the boulder in your backyard is worth A LOT of money  bear_grin   You must have 'rocks a plenty' where you live.  That is such a gorgeous boulder...lucky girl you!!!
nanc.......

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
nanc*e*bears wrote:

Daphne...this is not about the bears but I have to tell you the boulder in your backyard is worth A LOT of money  bear_grin   You must have 'rocks a plenty' where you live.  That is such a gorgeous boulder...lucky girl you!!!
nanc.......

OMG!! Nanc, WHERE DO YOU LIVE??? Desert? Honestly, New Hampshire is called The Granite State and it ain't called that for nothin'! We have more granite boulders than one could ever want. In fact, our yard is 6" of soil and underneath is all ROCK!!! I hate it! Makes digging a garden almost impossible and you should have seen us trying to plant bushes! You can't GIVE rock away around here... everybody has too many! We have many large boulders in our yard that the excavation crew gave up on... or thought they'd look attractive right where they are! That one in the picture is a pebble by comparison!

You pay for transportation and you can have all the free rock you want!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer