Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Shelli wrote:

but actually, I'm much more a Morgan Freeman type, myself.  bear_wub    Does that man have a voice, and a presence, and a gentility and a grace and a warm kindness about him... or what???

I am a HUGE Morgan Freeman fan as well!  Just LOVE him!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Though, I'm sure the my fascination with him is also fueled by the fact that I LOVED him on "The Electric Company as well!  For those out of the USA or not of the proper time period (1970's)... it was an awsome children's educational show..... little skits about the alphabet and such...

http://www.tv.com/electric-company/show … mmary.html

VERY cool show! VERY 70's!!!!!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

My favorite movies include.....  "Footloose" ...... I just love all the songs and music in this movie.  If I'm having a bad day, just watching this movie changes everything. ... Love the African Queen, The Searchers with John Wayne, and Kevin Spacey in the Negotiator.    My daughter and I both like Con Air with Nicholas Cage.  I know there's more, but these rank at the top.

Wanda

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

ooo you all reminded me of so many I forgot!

Indiana Jones, yep. except the middle one. not as good, & that woman
drives me up the wall bear_rolleyes The last one with Sean Connery is my
favorite. I think they are making a 4th Indy movie! & the sick thing is...
Harrison Ford is OLDER NOW than Connery was when they made Last
Crusade. (again I need an 'eeeek!' smiley! lol)

& I forgot to mention one of my VERY favorites, Midnight In The Garden of Good & Evil.
(speaking of Kevin Spacey) & that one's got John Cusack too  bear_wub

& I laughed to see Better Off Dead mentioned - that's a definite yes  bear_grin 

Morgan Freeman is awesome & he seems like such a kind man. Let me add to
the Easy Reader love!  bear_grin

Stand By Me is another I forgot. Why do we all love Corey Feldman so frickin much? rofl

Back to the Future is my most favorite movie - but I don't watch it every time it
comes on. I don't wanna 'wear it out' ya know? I can do without the sequels entirely  bear_grin

Best in Show & Waiting For Guffman  bear_grin

Life Is Beautiful bear_cry I can't believe this is a "new" movie. it feels so classic.

I love Audrey Hepburn & Cary Grant very much, so when Charade comes on I have
to watch it most times  bear_grin

I LOVE scary movies - not so much Jason & Freddy, but Seven, The Ring, etc. My favorite
scary movie is The Changeling, with George C. Scott. Oh it's so good. I try to only watch
it with someone who hasn't seen it before - this is another I don't want to "wear out".

As for TV, I watch Monk, House, CSI, Daily Show & Colbert Report, L&O: SVU, Family Guy,
Little Britain, & Good Eats. Alton Brown is the bestestest  bear_wub  bear_grin
I love the forensics & crime shows. We call them 'DGTV' - Dead Guy TV  bear_rolleyes
Cold Case Files, American Justice, FBI Files, Forensic Files etc. All you Princess Bride fans will
understand how creepy this was: last year A&E made a TV movie about the Green River Killer
in Seattle & how Ted Bundy helped the profilers understand the killer. Ya know who played Ted
Bundy? Cary Elwes - Westley from Princess Bride! He played Bundy really well, gained some weight
& looked a LOT like him, & freaked me the heck out because my brain couldn't simultaneously
love 'Westley' & be repulsed by Bundy. roflmao

I wish someone would broadcast the old Mystery Science Theater episodes with Joel. :pray:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I LOVED him on "The Electric Company as well!

Me too, Kim bear_wub

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

toadbriar wrote:

I forgot to mention one of my VERY favorites, Midnight In The Garden of Good & Evil.
(speaking of Kevin Spacey) & that one's got John Cusack too

Don't get me started on John Cusack.  There's a scene in GROSSE POINT BLANK -- another favorite!  They just keep coming!  And the music is so "my time" high school/college! -- where he gets soundly slapped, and then plants THE hottest kiss on Minnie Driver.  I swear you can see his pupils dilate. 

Man!

(Shelli needs to sit down.)

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

AHHHHH
I cannot walk past :

PHANTOM of the OPERA ( I've seen this over 25 times now.. oooooo Gerard Butler bear_wub )
Shrek I and II
Star Wars
Dirty Dancing
Strictly Ballroom
Beauty and the Beast
Sea Buscuit

Must see TV:
HOUSE MD
American Idol!!!
Little House onthe Prairie ( I've seen nice seasons of this show a zillion times but still cna never get enough)

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

I'll tell ya what..I have never even heard of some of those movies..so I'm taking notes and now I have heaps of recommendations for next time I'm umming and ahhing at the video shop.

I love anything fantasy, hate anything horror (too much bad stuff happening in the world as it is without watching blood and guts for entertainment bear_cry )but sit me down to a feel good type family/kiddish movie anyday and I'm happy.

Amongst my favourites are Jackie Chan movies...he's so funny and not bad lookin' either! bear_whistle

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

I have a totally sappy list- my list of movies is more for nostalgia of the where I was at in my life when I first saw them.  Oh, and aussie movies are among my most favourite.

Strictly Ballroom (happy face!!)
The Castle - I can just about quote this entire movie line for line  :redface:  Unfortunately the version released in the US on DVD sucks - almost all the funny parts were changed or deleted.
The Princess Bride
The BBC version of Pride and Preduice - only thing I don't like about it....Colin Firth (eeeew)

Emma (give me Mr Knightly any day)
Bridget Jones Diary
About a Boy
Shooting Fish
oh and I absolutely agree with Marion - I love David Suchet as Poirot - he has the mannerisms and quirks down perfectly.

Wallace and Grommit - the three short ones not the full lenth movie

oh and Anne of Green Gables / Road to avonlea/ jane of lantern hill  pure nostalgia  bear_original

I don't remember much of of the electric company excep things like the bloodhound gang and spidey and at the end where they'd say "join us tomorrow when spidey says wah wah wah wah"

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

When it comes to TV I love the British shows - thank goodness we have BBC here on satellte.  I love Midsommer Murders, reruns of Inspector Morse (I loved John Thaw), Poirot, Murder in Suburbia, Frost, Inspector Lynley, Rosemary and Thyme and New Tricks.  I also enjoyed Ballykissangel and Monarch of the Glen.  I think I live in the wrong country LOL! 

hugs,

Brenda

PS:  I also love American Idol, but I won't say who was eliminated cuz I don't want to spoil it for Aleta again LOL!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OOOH I love Seven!!! I forgot about that one... I love the movie and agree that it is a huge bonus with Brad in it! 

I love any movie with Will Ferrell in it! (He cracks me up!)  I love Elf!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Twincubs wrote:

"You know, I could be the kind of person that would rip your heart out just for pLEASURRREEEEE!!!!"

I know, it's sad isn't it?

NO, it's hysterical!  My son and I were just saying that to each other last night!!!

I saw that movie WHILE a college student at UCLA.  Those of you who've seen it will remember that the last part of it was filmed AT UCLA, and featured a UCLA fraternity house as the scene of a big party (sorry to say, a totally dorky frat at that time, but they sure had a nice front elevation that looked good on film!  And I NEVER went to a frat party that was so clean and tidy and themed, with so many sober people as they show in the movie.)  Anyway, it was just a hoot to see it in Westwood, not even a block from the edge of the campus where it was filmed.  And John Cusack was just the icing on the cake.

Oh, and I LIVED for a year in the co-ed dorm they featured briefly in an outside shot.  But lemme tell you; the boyfriend's room is so NOT an actual example of how UCLA freshman lived therein!

Some other excellent moments from THE SURE THING:

"Spontaneity has its time and place."
"Repreeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssed!"
"Oh!  Look at the time!  It's time to go!"
"When the moon is in the seventh houusssssssssee... and Jupiter, aligns with Mars..."
"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" sung with "cowboy guy."  "Get that man a trough of spritzer," Gib says to the bartender.
"Consider outer space...."
"Driving recklessly..."... "Driving without a load properly tied down...?"...
"Who invented liquid soap, and why."
"LOCK THE DOORS!!!!!!!!!!"
"Nubile, by the way, is spelled with a "U.""
Re: her credit card:  "My dad told me to only use it in an emergency."  --> "Well, maybe one will come up."
"He was a traitor!!!"

Now THAT's sad, Lisa.  Every one of those, pulled from the vast memory banks that comprise my grey matter.  Obviuosly, I'm putting that powerful organ to GREAT use.

bear_noexpression  bear_rolleyes bear_original

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

What a lovely selection of movies.

How about John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale in Serendipity

My old favourites - Wizard of OZ and Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. I have watched them many times.

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Ok, Here goes...
Pretty Woman
Steel Magnolias
Moulin Rouge (I love Ewan)
Star Wars
Awakenings
Good will Hunting
The Castle and The Dish(Who goes there?...Baaaa)
Brigadoon
Grease

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh no!  I forgot to mention my perfect role model, Ms Big Knickers herself!  Eeks, I almost forgot BRIDGET JONE'S DIARY!  THE Film of ALL films!  That soundtrack echoes my life and Colin, ooooooooooooooooooh Colin .... *sighs* .... 'just the way you are' .... *sighs again* .... if only.

I've played it a zillion times and whenever I'm down in the dumps, it's the perfect pick-me-up!  bear_tongue

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

It is good to see so many Star Wars fans!  bear_original

Shelli- I also love Invader Zim! It is quite funny for a kids show!  ;)

invaderzim.jpg

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Paula said

I've played it a zillion times and whenever I'm down in the dumps, it's the perfect pick-me-up!

I agree completely....except I just don't get the colin thing....my workmates have tried to beat it into me.  One of them stopped speaking to me when I pointed out that you can see his blue eyeliner in one scene in Pride & Prejudice. 

and wasn't the second movie just so disappointing....I actually liked the edge of reason book bettern than BDJ in some respects but definitely not the movie.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC
WildThyme wrote:
Shelli wrote:

but actually, I'm much more a Morgan Freeman type, myself.  bear_wub    Does that man have a voice, and a presence, and a gentility and a grace and a warm kindness about him... or what???

I am a HUGE Morgan Freeman fan as well!  Just LOVE him!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  Though, I'm sure the my fascination with him is also fueled by the fact that I LOVED him on "The Electric Company as well!

ME TOO!  There is just something so mild and sweet tempered, so intense and deep about him.  He was EXCELLENT in The Shawshank Redemption as well!  I think I could probably watch any movie with him in it...

Ok, my list of can't-walk-past movies:
-Lord Of The Rings (all 3) - although I get a chuckle EVERY TIME Sam unwraps Frodo's face from the spider web cocoon; he looked like a fair young woman! lol

-The Shawshank Redemption (You get busy livin' or you get busy dyin')

-Finding Nemo (Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. That's what I do I swim, swim, swim. I like to swiiiiiiiiiim)

-The Princess Bride (Hello. My name is Indigo Mentoya... You killed my father; prepare to die.)

-Schindler's List (the little girl with the red coat)

-Disney Movies

-Barbie movies (HEY! I have kids! lol and they're actually pretty good!  bear_wacko )

-Pirates of the Carribean (You're the worst pirate I've ever heard of.... (Johnny Depp) But you HAVE heard of me....)

-Grease 2 (I actually liked the second one better)

Oh the list could go on...

And a MUST SEE PART of a movie - Has anyone here ever seen Me, Myself, and Irene?  I didn't think the whole movie was a can't-walk-past except this scene that cracks me up:
Jim Carrey is single fathering 3 big, black extremely smart triplet boys who he truly believes are his own.  They are about 11 or 12, and he's leaving for work in the car.  They're all diggin in the garage, dragging out yaffa blocks, PVC pipe and whatnot and Jim's backing out of the driveway like, "Hey, what are you boys doing?" all sing-song, and they're all excited, "We're gonna build an airplane!!!" So he chuckles and leaves.  Later, he's pulling into the driveway and they're all flying out of the driveway in their plane they made, using it as a runway.

Ahhh, it cracks me up....
Kimberly W.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia
carsoncreations wrote:

My favorite movies include.....  "Footloose" ...... I just love all the songs and music in this movie.  If I'm having a bad day, just watching this movie changes everything. ... Love the African Queen, The Searchers with John Wayne, and Kevin Spacey in the Negotiator.    My daughter and I both like Con Air with Nicholas Cage.  I know there's more, but these rank at the top.

Wanda

haha, Wanda I just watched footloose for the first time!  I was too young when it came out and have never watched it since!  Also tried flashdance but that was just boring lol
xo sarah

Australia
BearBottoms wrote:

-Finding Nemo (Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. That's what I do I swim, swim, swim. I like to swiiiiiiiiiim)

-The Princess Bride (Hello. My name is Indigo Mentoya... You killed my father; prepare to die.)

-Schindler's List (the little girl with the red coat)

-Disney Movies

-Barbie movies (HEY! I have kids! lol and they're actually pretty good!  bear_wacko )

Kimberly W.

Kimberly lol, you sound like you would fit in well with my sister and I lol, Love Nemo so hilarious!!!  and we quote the princess bride etc etc...love those movies bear_laugh We use the 'why don't you give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it' all the time lol, Billy Crystal is so funny  :crackup:
I love Princess and the Pauper, even if it is Barbie bear_happy can't get rid of the songs for a week after my niece has been over.  just play over and over and over in my mind lol

Australia
kbonsall wrote:

OOOH I love Seven!!! I forgot about that one... I love the movie and agree that it is a huge bonus with Brad in it! 

I love any movie with Will Ferrell in it! (He cracks me up!)  I love Elf!

ELf is sooo funny!!  :crackup:  'Did you hear that?" lol

Wellington, New Zealand
Website

The Castle and The Dish(Who goes there?...Baaaa)

ooh I forgot about The Dish - I loved that too.    Not quite up there with the castle for me  though....too many great lines to quote them all but among my favourites are

"it's just the vibe"
"that's going straight to the pool room" 
"jousting sticks?  whaddya want with jousting sticks" 

but my favourite of all time are the   "whaddya call this darl" interactions.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Yeah I love the Castle :crackup:

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

oooh  i love this group...why cant i play here more?!  my fav movie are old disney ...don knotts and the ghost and mr chicken! for one..new pixar..monster!  we loved the robot who got "cleaned" all the time! dirty dancing! balllroom!footloose! in my heart i can sing and dance,,in reality,,not so much! anything british!  ALL of the above mentioned! i adore bbc and pbs.. anyone ever seen
"lady hawk"?? love that movie! i love older leading men...morgan freeman..sean conner may be the sexiest man alive!..all the men from evening shade the series!  miracle on 34th street..i adore sappy Christmas movies!! ghost..sleepless in seattle ..BIG!!

and i too love fantasy because there is too much reality in the world some days!!  so to all you dream makers and true believers have a nice day!! toadbriar this topic made mine!!     deb

/

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Close Encounters of a Third Kind......

cuz I'm a believer

bear_tongue

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow, we all seem to have a lot in common. I see a lot of Princess Brides, Labyrinths, Interview with a Vampires and Sixteen Candles.

Kim and Marion, all of my favorites are on your lists. Too bad we don't live closer, we could have movie nights! And Shelli, Sex and the City is my favorite!

Aerianna

Board footer