Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

shukujo1.jpgI have a most wonderful little bear in my collection from Vivianne Gallli, and I was just admiring her ribbon.  I would like to buy some like it, but I looked up "lace ribbon" & "lacy ribbon" on the net & eBay and can't seem to find anything on it. 

Can anyone identify this type of ribbon for me so that I can hopefully go buy some?

Thank you all for your time!

Amelia

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Amelia

It looks really beautyful.

I'll go looking for it here in Denmark.

Hugs Birgitte  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

No clue about the ribbon, but those Galli bears kill me.  They're adorable.  Lucky you!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi Amelia!  WOW!!!!  You own that gorgeous little girl?  Turning six shades of green here!!!!!  bear_wub   Lace is almost never really considered a "Ribbon" though for all intents and purposes it's a heck of a lot like ribbon... often comes on a spool etc..... I'm not an expert on lace by any stretch.... but I would guess that you are looking for "insertion lace"  Try googling that.... Generally, an insertion lace has two straight edges (ribbon like!) as opposed to an edging lace which has one scalloped and one flat... whitch you are NOT looking for.  You'll probably come up with a few insertion laces that already have cotton fabric sewn to each edge... which you obviously don't want either.  Or try French Val that is also a fairly thin two straigt edged lace...

I think JoAnn fabrics has this... in the lace trim area....

Kim Basta
Widl tHyme Originals

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yup, I searched 'lace spool' on ebay and came up with some white very similar to what this bear is wearing (after weeding thru a few spools of leather lace). That might be a start for you. The person selling the spools might be able to get you the color you want. I know I've seen similar at JoAnns too. Kim B. You are so smart! bear_original :hug:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

you could also just wait until your swap package gets there   bear_whistle

there might be some little somethins in there very much like this.....you are swapping with the woman who has a suitcase of vintage lace and several more bags and boxes of newer lace.

I can't see too clearly on the picture though - I think you should send me the bear so I can double check  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

*LOL*  Uh-HUH, Melissa..just a "double-check" and not a kidnapping??  *LOL*  *doing happy dance over thought of package*  =)

Thanks, girls!  I really appreciate all your help and detective work [ ;)@Kim & Daphne].

As for my enchanting little Shukujo, I TOTALLY lucked out on her...every once in awhile, Vivianne lists a Buy-It-Now---well, at least she did late last year---and I bought her for $149, free shipping.  I absolutely adore Shukujo, I carried her around with me from room to room for two weeks after receiving her in the mail, and still take her out with me when I go to town every once in awhile. 

*smirks and brags just a little bit*  ;)

Amelia

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oooh...I love those little Galli bears.  I have twice been outbid...and once saw her buy it now option and hestitated too long and missed out.   

Some day...

Board footer