Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

We read so many times on forums...problems that we have...but I have to share a couple of fun stories that have come into my life because of collectors.  I would love to hear your happy collector stories as well.

I got an email today from a lady who just bought one of my larger bears...she also bought a mouse from my website and two other micro's.
She took the mouse with her on a trip to Sonoma, CA and sent me pics of the mouse at the vinyards. hahaha...geez, I wish I were a mouse!

I teased her about how 'spoiled' this little bear was and to be fore-warned before she arrrived.  She is sending pictures to me...as she took the bear shopping and bought her a new sun suit, hat and glasses (altho her nose sort of got in the way)...couldn't pass up some other cute clothes.  So it seems she is continuing to 'spoil' this little bear.  :crackup:

Another lady, a few years ago...for Christmas, sent me one of Jean and Jan Olsens bears.  I was overwhelmed!  I love that bear, not only because of who made it but because of her generosity.

I could go on and on about how wonderful bear collectors are and how, many times they turn into very good friends or just a stranger dropping a sweet note to me, telling me how much they love a certain 'friend' I might have on auction at that time (I cherish those little notes)............BUT,
I would love to hear some of your stories about your collectors.  What a great bunch they are...so thoughtful, so appreciative and such sweet natures.

hugs,
nancy

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Well, great post Nancy,
As of today I might be working with my first collector...but of my baskets. I got the very first possible order from my web site and have been conversing back & forth about what this person is looking for. The basket he was interested in is smaller than what he is looking for, so I have to send some pictures of larger baskets to him & have also told him that I can do a custom order if I don;t have what he wants...so I am doing a happy dance here!
Hugs,

Board footer