Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Hi all!
Sorry I have been very absent from this place for a little while. I have been finishing a few bears and working on a sweet blanket for my sister-in-law and future nephew who is due in a few weeks..

My news is also one reason I haven't been posting.

I'm Pregnant! bear_laugh I just found out last week.

I have been so exhausted, I can hardly make food to eat, and then the food does aweful things to my system.. bear_ermm  I'm just starting to feel more like myself but still tire out super easily. Here I thought I'd have the whole summer off from teaching to make bears, but I found myself napping and reading more than anything else!

I feel like you are all family :), so I wanted to share my exciting news with you all.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

CONGRATULATIONS!  so many people around me are pregnant!  are you going to find out if it is a girl or boy?:):)

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Kirsten,I'm new here so you probably don't know me but heartfelt congratulations.I sympathize with your exhaustion and food problems bear_sad Hope it gets better soon.I am a substitute teacher so I know how much you must have been looking forward to the summer and making more bears:) Oh well,this is much better and at least you can rest now that school's out.
Blessings,Shari.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kirsten, what wonderful news... and how welcome.  I remember you telling me you have been trying and hoping for a bit.  I'm so, so happy for you.

Being pregnant was, for me, a physically miserable experience... but an emotionally blissful one.  It was the culmination of all my girlish dreams; the "career" I've always wanted most was MOMMY.

During my pregnancies, I read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" a thousand times a day, from the time the boys were balls of cells the size of rice grains, until the day they were born, keeping up with what was going on "in there."   For a teacher like you -- probably very like me in that constant pursuit of knowledge and valuation of learning -- I'm sure the path you've embarked upon will entail a lot of reading and learning, but also, the contentment of sitting back and enjoying the process.  Enjoying it SPIRITUALLY, anyway... ;)

I'm sure you'll be a warm, accepting, and purely wonderful mommy and wish you all the best.

Of course I must know; when's the due date???

Hugs,

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Kirsten BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband. what wonderful news. I hope the pregnancy goes well without you feeling unwell too much. Now if there's one thing better than producing a bear it's producing a baby all of your own. bear_original bear_original bear_original

Jane.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Kirsten, what great news!!!   I'm so happy for you!!  I had that same 'food thing' but it did pass, and the tired thing too!!!   Please keep us up to date on all the news!!   It's so exciting!!

MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

CONGRATULATIONS!  Is this your first?

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, YIPPPEEEEE & HALLEUIA! That was quick!!! You just had surgery not too long ago! WOW! How amazingly wonderful! Oh, I'm so excited for you two... I have goose bumps!! :D:D:D

I'm glad you think of us as family..... that baby is going to have a lot of Aunts!! :lol::lol::lol:

Love & Hugs,
Daphne

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Kirsten.
                  How Happy you both must be, its such a great feeling,even though my first baby is now 46 ,I still remember all the excitement. So Big Congratulations from Scotland .  Rita xxx

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wonderful Kirsten....simply wonderful!

Dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yippee, Kirsten!!  That is THE most wonderful news!!  Yes, the nausea and tiredness will pass and the next huge excitement will be the first time you feel him/her kick!!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Kirsten :D

That is the best news possible. Way to go, girl. ;)

Everybody's right--the nausea and fatigue will pass. Just give in and rest. And PUT YOUR FEET UP. Pregnancy is especially hard on the kidneys, and elevating your feet really helps.

Fashions in preggily correct behavior come and go--either we're supposed to exercise until we drop, or we're supposed to be as still and serene as Buddhas, etc. etc. Do what you feel works for you--so long as Nursie Dilu says it's ok.

All of us aunts are really going to enjoy waiting and watching with you---our own little cub :D

Eileen

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Thanks girls! This is my first. We've been trying for over a year. We're very excited! :D

Daphne - yeah, it was quick I had the surgery to remove the cyst on my ovary on 6/2 and got the positve preg. test 7/5.  I guess it was cyst making things so difficult!

We want to find out its sex, but my bestfriend tried, but never could get a good look!:P
I'm only 5 weeks. The Due date is March 16. I hope its not born on St. Paddy's day!

Lisa- I heard that was a good book. I have one book, and hope to borrow some others. Those books cost $$, wow!

I've heard the 2nd trimester is less tiring and thats about when school will be back in session.

I'll keep you all updated, of course, but I need to get back to bears one of these days!:)

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Dear Dear Kirsten,

I am so very happy for you both.

I remember you making my avatar for me when you were recovering and should'nt have been doing anything - you naughty girl - and feeling really bad that you had put yourself to so much trouble on my behalf. You said that you were bored stiff and welcomed having something to do - obviously you did have something to do after all - make a baby!!!! :D

I am so very happy for you Kirsten -  i did do a fertility spell for you and it obviously worked, so expect you to call it Penny if it's a girl and Sven if it's a boy (which is what i was going to be called if i were a boy) and think that my avatar brought you good karma. Hey, what a great world it is sometimes

Happiness, Happiness
the greatest gift that we possess
i thank the Lord that we've been blessed
with more than our share of happiness

:D

Pennypoodles bear_tongue

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol: I absolutely loved being pregnant. Garnet used to say I was my most pleasant when pregnant and at my happiest. Even with the morning sickness it was a wonderful experience for me. I think that is wonderful.

Hugs Louise

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Kirsten, CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

I'm sorry that you are so exhausted
and can't eat well now, I'm praying
that pregnancy goes well and soon
you will be eating more than ever:D

gentle hugs/Marie

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Wow, big congratulations, Kirsten!  Best wishes for smooth sailing from here on out!  As someone with a St. Paddy's birthday myself, just tell little Kirsten Jr. to get used to green birthday cards :D

Cheers,
Kelly

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

YAY Kirsten!!!!  I LOVE BABIES!!!!!!  Can you tell we ALL do!!??? 

You'll have to give us regular updates...like when you feel your baby flutter and move.  That was the most exciting for me.  I was sure my last baby, a boy, was playing tackle football inside of me.  What a joy it is to share your body with a growing human being.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh that is the most wonderful news!!!!!!!!  Congratulations!!!!  Thanks for sharing it with us all!

Danni

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

peanut-8-19.jpgOkay - here's a quick update on the baby part of my life!

I had an ultrasound last week. We saw the baby, and its right on schedule. While the nurse was measuring and fiddling, the baby started to wave its arms and kick its legs! bear_laugh That was so cool.
So here's the ultrasound. Everything is formed, just super tiny.
He/she is only 1-1/2 inches long right now...

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awwwwwwww... what a great moment that first ultrasound is.  I'm so happy for you.  It's a wonderful journey.  Thanks so much for sharing that very poignant and personal picture.  :)

PS  Eight months from now you'll get the last full night's sleep of your entire life.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Kirsten, how exciting, my pregancies were o.k. I remember the tiredness most of all, and the last few months.  Its amazing how quick you forget too.  Which is a good thing.

Kids grow way too quickly, so enjoy every moment while you can. bear_laugh

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Kirsten - that is truly wonderful news. Really happy for you and as they
say how soon you forget all the tiredness and not wanting your food.
Yes, it is really neat reading the pregnancy books - when your baby is the size of a grain of wheat
and then a coffee bean - it is a miracle. Ours are now 16 and 14 and you wonder where those years
have gone!
How neat that you have had  the ultrasound.
All I can say is put your feet up and try and get lots of rest and have a dry water cracker and a cup of tea in the morning - seemed to help me.
Wishing you all the best.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oohhhh that is so exciting Kirsten!!!   What an adorable photo,

thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences with us all!
Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! Kirsten I can see the family resemblance already.;)
What a fantastic picture of your baby, please share all of your ultrasound pictures when you get them as I am sure all his/her cyber aunts and uncles would love to see them.

Jane

Board footer