Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Very exciting!  :)

The main picture is of Herr Gruenhosen, which means Mr. Green Pants in German. The photo was taken before I gave him embroidered suspenders (called Traeger in German, which is what goes with Lederhosen). There's another photo of him on the main page of my bare-bones Web site. The cat is Strider. He was our cat for a couple of years before we decided that allergies and cats don't mix very well. We loved him, but we wanted him to have a better life in a bigger place (bengals are very active, smart cats, and we lived in a small apartment) and a buddy, which we couldn't give him. He now lives with a really neat couple and their Boston terrier.

And the second picture is of me and my husband, Garth.  bear_wub  It's not the best pic, but it's fairly recent.

And there you have it! Much more than you wanted to know about our cat, I'm sure.  bear_happy

Debora

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Great avatar, Deborah!   bear_flower
I remember Stridor....I think you'd just gotten him when we met.  Those darned allergies.  I suffer miserably from them.  Thankfully though, one thing I'm not allergic to is cats.  We now have two and as you might have read here on TT, my heart is in serious trouble with a little cream puff I've named Annie.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you posting here on TT.  I think you're addicted already!   bear_happy

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  You and Garth haven't changed a bit!  You still make an adorable couple.   bear_original

Website

Thank you, Aleta!  :hug: I'm so happy to hear from you here on the board. Here are some more hugs:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Thanks--we are very much enjoying married life. We've been married a little over 6 years now.  bear_wub Garth's allergies are getting better, and yet, the dryness here and getting used to the plants in this area are giving him a time this year. But we do find that if we avoid dairy we both do better with allergies. Who knew?!

I haven't heard of Annie yet...I'll have to go back and search for your stories about her. I do love cats, and yet there's a freedom of not having pets because we don't have to get people to watch them when we're gone. So we visit my cousin's cats!  bear_original

Gotta go grab breakfast and get to work...at my day job of proofreading. Can't wait for breaks to visit my addiction: Teddy Talk!  bear_grin

Big bear hugs to you!!!
Debora

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hi Debora, Great avatar and it's nice to see you and you and your hubby. Welcome to Teddy talk!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Deborah, lovely to meet you!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Deb, I'm in colorado also  bear_original
Thats a cute bear & kitty!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hello Debora,

How great to hear from  you again.
I have missed you and often wondered how you were getting on.
I am so pleased that you are back again and how neat that you are here on TT.
Great new Avatar and good to see you and Garth's photo - wow!  6 years married.
Don't the years pass by so quickly.
Looking forward to seeing more of your gorgeous bears and talking more.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Website

Why, hello, Terrie, Paula, and Tami!

Thank you for your warm welcome. I'm looking forward to getting to know you!  bear_smile  I posted an introduction in the New Members section, if you'd like to visit that thread and see a couple of my bears. Everyone has been so welcoming, and I think TT is a new addiction of mine!

How neat that we're both in Colorado, Tami. Maybe we'll meet one day!  bear_original

And a special hello to you, Carolyn!  :hug: I have been meaning to write you an e-mail now that I've come out of hibernation, but I've been busy working and spending time on Teddy Talk bear_whistle  (oh, for shame!). How are you doing? I see you've been busily making your sweet bears. Your kids must be so big by now! Looking forward to talking to you some more and catching up. And bears, well, I really am wishing for more time to work on them! I'm still a proofreader by profession. Did I tell you we moved to Colorado a year ago? Oh, so much to catch up on.  bear_original

Big hugs to all you Teddy Talkers,
Debora

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am so glad to catch up with you, Debora - 4 years is a long time and as I said, I often wondered how life was going for you.
Are you enjoying living in Colorado?

I am back working in our company ( part time)  Planning Practise and life is fairly busy with work and housework etc.
Not very much time to work on Bears.
Victoria will be 17 on Monday and she is at University doing a Art & fashion design course and is really loving that.
Marcel is 14, at college and he is now taller than me!
We still have Heidi who is getting older about 10 now,  Hyacinth died last year and we still have Louis our sealpoint persian
who has got extra smoochy now that he is the only pussycat.

As you said - oh .. so much to catch up on!

My housework is waiting to be done so I had better go and get something going on there.
Have a lovely weekend

Bear hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Great avatar, and lovely to see you Deborah  bear_grin

Website

Thank you, Christine.  bear_original I have enjoyed visiting your little sweethearts; they have sweet faces, quite endearing.

Oh, wow, Carolyn! I can't believe your kids are so old now! I'll have to write you more soon...Garth and I are running out the door for a dinner date with some friends from church.

Talk soon!
Debora

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Yes, we always want to hear about everyone's fur and feather babies!

I am so sorry you had allergies.    bear_cry    I understand so very much.  I give my two furbabies a shower every week with baby shampoo to keep the dander issue down and then they aren't allowed to sleep with us any more.  sigh   bear_sad 

I have always had furbabies, even in boarding school I had a secret baby....I can not imagine trying to live without them, so I learned to train kittens while they are still very young to tolerate the weekly bath

I try to mimic when a momma cat licks them clean.  I wrap them in a warm towel from the dryer and spray one part at a time with hot water and a drop of baby shampoo.  Then when that area is good and wet I rub them down with the towel....rather vigorously. I put the hottest water I can in the spray bottle but by the time the cats get sprayed it is only warm----so don't everyone get all excited!

[size=20]Hey!  Don't laugh!  It works![/size]

I'll do anything to keep the cats......when we get lazy and slack off and I start having trouble and the Hubs starts threatening to 'get rid of them' it reminds me that I CAN'T get lazy....

bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=18]OH MY Goodness!!!  You are new to boot![/size]

[size=20]Welcome[/size]

So glad you are here!  And already you know the first rule aroumd here......

:photo:  :photo:  :photo:

bear_tongue

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Hi Debora,

I love your avatar!
I saw Mr. Greenpants on your website--he's a love--but I'm especially pleased to see Strider. Cats seem to have a special fondness for TeddyBears . . . or cameras!

Allergies stink. I don't have any, but my eldest just married a lovely man who's so allergic to animal dander that he can't visit our house! It does mean that I don't have to clean when they're in town, and I get to eat out!

Eileen

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

What a lovely picture they make bear_wub

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Carolyn - I love your avatars.  Your bears are so sweet, and your cat is stunning - great mix!

Danni

Website

Thank you for your welcoming posts, Dilu, Eileen, Lanie, and Danni! I'm so glad to meet you. Yep, allergies are the pits. And just when you think you have them licked, something else comes along.  bear_sad It's my hubby who has the allergies; I'm mostly allergy free...except for dairy products. I seem to react to them with sinus issues and susceptibility to brochitis. So, I stay away from dairy. Maybe I should make a bear named Dairy so I will be able to love dairy with no consequences.  bear_grin

Thanks for your kind words about my bears. I do have such fun making them...now if I could only find more time!! And I'm glad that we now have a digital camera so I can follow the  :photo: rule!

Dilu, it's so neat that you have found a way to have your fur babies living with you. Sounds like a lot of work!  bear_happy But I know, when you love them, you do what you must.

Eileen, I love your story. Too bad your son-in-law has alleriges, but it's great that you can make the most of it!  bear_smile I have ancestors with the last name Baird, from Scotland. My mom did geneology for a while. The name I remember the most is Hugh Baird...oh, and Emma Sue Baird.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.  bear_smile

Hugs,
Debora

Board footer