Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

gen3stand.jpggen3lean.jpgWell, everyone, here I am, sharing my very first bear in the showcase section! I hope you like her. Introducing Geneva (Geneva was my grandmother's middle name). This is the second completed bear in a series of three Genevas. She is about 11 inches tall. I can hardly believe that this is the first bear I have completed in three and a half years. I'm so glad to be back working with the fur and floss and fluff!  bear_smile

I hope I've uploaded the pictures correctly. Please let me know what you think about Geneva. You can see a little more about her on the "new Crew" page of my Web site: http://www.geocities.com/new_avenue/newcrew.html.

In my introduction in the New Members section of Teddy Talk, you can read the background on who this particular little bear will be going to live with: Logan.

Thanks for visiting!  bear_flower

Bear hugs,
Debora

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I'm so glad you're back into bearsmithing!!  Geneva is beautiful whether she's the second, third or the first.   bear_wub  I hope we see a lot more bears from you, girlie!  Now, no more special orders.  Let that creativity flow as it should!!  Oh listen to me, acting like the bossy one!!   bear_happy

If I remember, I'll post a picture of Goldisocks on this thread tomorrow so everyone may see another of your wonderful bears.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

What a beautiful bear!  I love the "softness" of her  that's so not the right word - but she just looks lovely and gentle and well soft!!  cute nose and perky bow!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I can't believe this is your first bear in three and a half years either.  Soooo pleased to see you haven't lost the knack!

She's beautiful, I really love your bears!
Danni

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Her colors are gentle and looks so soft!
She is beatiful! :clap:

Julia.  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

She's lovely. All the best with her. :hug:
I just popped into your website Debora. I love the way you have set it up. Quite peaceful and very easy to navigate. Love your bears!!!   You just may end up on my wish list. (big grin)
Wendy

Website

Oh, thank you so much, everyone! I'm thrilled that you like Geneva.  bear_smile  :hug:

Aleta said:
I'm so glad you're back into bearsmithing!!  Geneva is beautiful whether she's the second, third or the first.     I hope we see a lot more bears from you, girlie!  Now, no more special orders.  Let that creativity flow as it should!!  Oh listen to me, acting like the bossy one!!   

If I remember, I'll post a picture of Goldisocks on this thread tomorrow so everyone may see another of your wonderful bears.

Oh, Aleta! Thank you for your sweet comments--and that push to create new things!  bear_smile I need pushes every so often...so keep 'em comin'!  bear_happy I would love to see a picture of Little Miss Goldisocks in her home with the Queen of Silly. I don't like the photos I have of her, and I'm sure she's much more content living with you in your lovely dwelling. bear_flower

Lisa said:
Geneva is beautiful Debora, lovely, soft combined colouring too...like how she stands...hope to see more of your work....'Geneva' is a gorgous name too...was another name on my list when i had my 2nd daughter.

Lisa, I love that Geneva is a special name for you!  bear_flower And thank you for your kind comments about Geneva. (You can see a little more of my past work on my Web site, but it's rather a spare site right now.) I have been admiring your work,  bear_wub and am very happy to see that you had a fabulous time at the Disney World show and in your travels in the U.S. I grew up in Anaheim, California, home of the original Disneyland, and even worked there for two years while I was in college. It's dear to my heart (yay, Mickey!).  bear_original

Melissa, Danni, and Julia: Thank you so much for your comments. I think the consensus is that "soft" is an apt description for Geneva.   bear_smile I'm so glad you like her!  :hug:

Wendy said:
She's lovely. All the best with her.
I just popped into your website Debora. I love the way you have set it up. Quite peaceful and very easy to navigate. Love your bears!!!   You just may end up on my wish list. (big grin)

Oh, Wendy!  :hug: Thank you so much for your kind comments! I would be honored to have a Crew member living in Oz someday--and Perth, to boot!  bear_original You are so sweet. And I'm glad you found my site easy enough to cruise in. I often wonder about it, and of course, I have plans to make it "better" when I have time.  bear_grin That really makes me laugh. Time? What's that?

Thank you all so much! I am so touched!  bear_cry  :hug:

Big bear hugs,
Debora

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Debora, this little girl is so lovely !  bear_wub Her face is a true perfection ! She looks so sweet and kind ! I'm really in love ! bear_wub
:hug:

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh my goodness, she's darling!  WONDERFUL job!!

Kimberly W.

Website

Thank you so much, Marion and Kimberly!  :hug:  :hug: I appreciate your comments so much. This will help me be motivated to make more bears!  :teddybear:

I'm also touched because you all--everyone who has posted--are so talented and make such fabulous bears.  bear_wub It's so neat that we can come to Teddy Talk and share our creations, ideas, frustrations, and joys.

Bear hugs to you all,
Debora

Website

Update: I handed off Geneva to Logan's grandmother tonight. She loves her!  bear_original I'm just thrilled. She is so eager to send Geneva to Logan.

For those of you who haven't heard the story, here it is in a nutshell: Logan will be turning 6 years old in a few weeks. She got sick last spring with severe bruising and extremely low blood platelet counts. The doctors aren't exactly sure what's happening; she's been tested for all sorts of things! She has a blood test each week, and every so often she has a transfusion when her platelets go too low. bear_sad  Her grandmother, a dear friend of ours from church, commissioned me to make Geneva for her to give to Logan for her birthday to be a companion for her. I was honored to do so! Thank you for praying for Logan when you remember to.

I hope to get a photo of Logan and Geneva at some point. When I do, I will share it with you (if her parents give me permission).

Bear hugs,
Debora

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:hug:
That kind of comissions always make your work special.
I'm happy for logan cause she'd definatelly fell in love with this adorable bear!

i'll keep her in my prayers too.
great job, Debora.  :hug:

Hugs, Julia :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Beautiful bear Deborah! I am not familiar with your bears but they are gorgeous!

Many Hugs Louise

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

She is wonderful!!! I love her stripe-y nose!  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous!!!

Website

Julia: Thank you for your kind words about Geneva. And you're right: I'll always remember this bear because she'll be going to live with Logan.  bear_flower Thank you for keeping her in your prayers.

Louise, Kimberly, and Shelli: Thank you for your nice comments. I really do value your feedback and will certainly need it as I move forward and make more bears!

Bear hugs to you all,
Debora

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Deborah, thanks for posting this darling bear.  I LOVE that name too.  I can see you have lots of talent.  Keep 'em coming! :hug:

Website

Oh, Judi, thank you for your kind comments!  :hug: I'm so touched!

You all are making me want to forget about making dinner and get right to work with the fur.  bear_laugh

Debora

nettie scotland
Website

What a lovely bear ,especially her profile.Looks like bearmaking is like riding a bike eh???
Diane xx

Website

Hee-hee!  bear_laugh Thanks for the giggle, Diane. I have to laugh at myself because I didn't think I quite remembered how to ride this ol' bike. I was thinking about embroidering the nose before I actually started, and I couldn't for the life of me remember whether I started with the thread coming out at the bottom of the nose or the top!  bear_wacko I soon remembered the crazy way I embroider the noses, thank God.  bear_original

Thanks for your nice comments--I'm so glad you like her!  :hug:

Debora

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Debora,

That is a very sweet bear. I love the way she looks like she is wearing a sweater.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Lovely!!!

hugs kassie

Website

Hi, Kassie. I'm so glad you like Geneva! :hug: She was fun to make, and now I'm on to the next bear, or should I say "bears"? I have about six bears in varying stages of completion right now. Sometimes it's hard to decide which on to work on!  bear_original

I went to your site, and I had fun visiting. Mrs. Beasley Bearie caught my eye.  bear_flower Hope to get to know you better on Teddy Talk!

Bear hugs,
Debora

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Goldiesocks.jpgAs promised....a photo of Goldiesocks....from my own collection of artist bears.  Better late than never!  Isn't she darling?  She has her own little pair of golden yellow socks to wear but gets too hot if she wears them both at the same time.    bear_happy 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Website

Oh, Aleta, thank you for posting this photo of Little Miss Goldiesocks! It is so much better than the photos I have of her. It appears that she is enjoying living at your house.  bear_flower She is made from the same basic pattern as Geneva, so they're real New Avenue sisters.  bear_smile  Thanks again for posting her picture!

Big bear hugs,  :hug:
Debora

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

She is beautiful Deborah and I love her nose  bear_wub

Board footer