Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

zemeski Posts: 434

I sat here and wondered before I posted this if I should bother burdening another person with my problems. Only because I know everyone is going through something or having trouble somewhere in their life. I just found out several bad reports today. I've been crying most of the day. I'm not going to go into it since I know several have something their dealing with in their life. Besides I can't talk rational today.  All I'm asking is that you pray and remember my mom, grandmother, and me. Times like these I'm glad I can turn and ask a friend to pray for me and my family. Thank you all!!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Melissa, I will be praying for you and your mom and grandmother.

Big bear hugs,
Debora

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Melissa you mustn't think like that.  You can tell us we all share the burden and make it so much lighter then dragging it by itself.
I hope all improves and my thoughts are with you all.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hugs to you Melissa.  I think we find strength in each other.  I for one find it comforting to be able to talk about what's going on in my life; however, I understand and respect those who don't.

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.
:hug:   :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Melissa I wish I could give you a real hug to make everything better.   I know prayers work so that's the best I can offer.  Even if you can't share the details, know that we still share your pain and sadness no matter what it is.   I hope everything will be o.k.    :hug:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Melissa,
Sending very very special thoughts to the 3 generations of ladies!!!!
:hug:
Hugs,

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You've got it Melissa.  and this ((((((((((((((((( :hug:  bear_wub  :hug: ))))))))))))))))))
I beleive in the power of prayer :pray:

If you want to vent and lean on your friends here, please feel free.  You know you'll have lots of support.

Take care :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Please know that we are here to listennif you feel like talking about the situation. It really does help to talk but please know that I am sending hugs of support and heartfelt prayers to you, your mom and grandmother.  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:    :hug:
We are here for you!!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh, Melissa!  bear_shocked   I do understand not wanting to talk about things.  It's really hard sometimes to put into words what you're feeling.  It's even hard to know in your own mind how you're feeling or what's really going on in your own head.  There are so many emotions.....

One thing I have learned though, TT'ers are the most supportive and caring bunch I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  It doesn't matter the miles between, the language, or the countries of origin......they all reach out with their hearts and well wishes extended.  It is such a gift to know such a truly giving bunch of people. 

Please keep us posted....if you feel like sharing.  And if you don't feel like sharing, that's okay too.  We'll be sending good wishes, lots of prayers and positives vibes in your direction.

Warmest and biggest heartfelt hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Dear Melissa,

I know what you mean about burdening other people, it is hard at these time to make the right judgement. We need the hug but do we go and get? Well everyone here is right. Dear Aleta said it best

One thing I have learned though, TT'ers are the most supportive and caring bunch I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  It doesn't matter the miles between, the language, or the countries of origin......they all reach out with their hearts and well wishes extended.  It is such a gift to know such a truly giving bunch of people.

I have learnt the same. And friends can also be quiet too and just be there.
So dear,  many :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  to you and your Mom and Grandma.

hugs kassie

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear Melissa,
So So Sorry for your pain and hurt. I am sending my heartfelt wishes to you and you family and understand that sometimes words and thoughts can't be shared untill you are felling better within yourself.
HUGS HUGS HUGS
bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
Susan

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

I'm so sorry for your troubles Melissa - take care of yourself!

Jane P.

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Dear Melissa I am sorry for your pain. You are not alone ( you know it) we are a bunch of caring people that will pray for your Grandmother, Mom and for yourself. from our hearts.
God bless.
BIG

hugs.
Gladys

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Melissa,
Our hearts are huge and our support unending! Please don't feel like you'd be one too many in the group suffering personal trials. There is indeed strength in numbers and though this group of troubled hearts is not one I want to see grow, there is always room in our hearts and on our prayer lists for one more! Don't be afraid to share with us when you are ready.
In the meantime you ladies are in my prayers!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Daphne

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Melissa,

I'm sorry you're going through a bad time.  But you can tell us whatever you want and go on and on if you wish and we'll listen and always be here for you.  Sending many hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

'Lissa

hang in there,

tears help clog the sinuses and clear out the tear ducts, and I read an article that crying was therapeutic,

but when the tears are dried and the problems are still there, thats when you need to know that

somewhere,

somehow,

someway

things are going to work out

and we are here for you sending you love and prayers and hope for the best!

dilu

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

vsebyyydeethh.gif

(it says that everything would OK) It's from our Russian "Mother Goose" stories. It says that croco swallowed the sun but the Bear saved the world.

Melissa, I know what you feel. This year is not the happiest for me either.
I myself don't like to talk about such things.. bear_ermm  so I understand you.  :hug:

But I agree when you have support it's easier to overlive this period of what you are going through.. :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_cry  I'm so sorry Melissa.  When you feel ready and able to talk about it, please know that we are all here for you to lean on. :hug:

Many hugs and prayers coming your way.    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tracy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Melissa,

Just to let you know that my thoughts and love and prayers are with you and your
Mother and Grandmother.

Sending good wishes and hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

zemeski Posts: 434

I can't sleep as it is 12:50 a.m.here. I decided to get on the computer. I thank everyone of you from the bottom of my heart. Still in shock that my dad called me Wednesday evening and told me that my grandmother and my mom have lumps in their breast. It is cancer. My grandmother has had surgery before (3 years ago) but this time they will have to take off her whole breast. My dad and mom took my grandmother in April 2005 and it has been hard on them. Now both my mom and grandmother have been told that they have cancer in the same day. My dad and mom hasn't told my grandmother yet. My mom is having a hard time since she just found out about herself having cancer. My parents have called in my moms sister to help talk to my grandmother about it. My mom isn't taken the news well at all. Who would though. In one day to be told both you and your mom have cancer. I just couldn't put into words anything when I first posted I was so upset and shocked. I know tomorrow is a new day!! God will get us through this. I will have to be strong for my dad and mom. Pray that God will give me that strength. I do have an older brother and a younger sister. So, I'm not alone with this. My sister has been in and out of the hospital herself for the last few weeks. She hasn't been well. We still don't really know what is wrong with her. She has a two year old and hasn't been able to take care of him because she has been so sick. Boy, when it rains it pours doesn't it! Thanks again for your prayers!! I'll be back soon!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

:hug: Oh Mellissa! Oh my gosh Hon! I am so sorry that your life is upside down at the moment. You know, things always have a funny way of working out! Just when you least expect it, life has a way of returning to normal! You are a sweet sweet lady and do not deserve this type of turmoil! I promise there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In the mean time we have a toll free number under "BEAR FACTS" on our web site and I want you to use it to caLL DAY OR NIGHT!! I have a very sturdy shoulder and a good ear and I am here for you always! Please know you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! The phone number is there for you!!

mANY hUGS lOUISE

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Dear Melissa
I can understand what you are going through. I was terrified of loosing my Mom to Cancer for so many years! The fear of that and that it will be a painful death ( on top of your grandmother having it ) is big, but I am telling you there is nothing really written about Cancer. My Mom had ovarian Cancer when I was 13 years old and she was only 53 years old, she had surgery and was send home to die.....She did not. Later in life she had Cancer of the Liver, still lived throught it. Then she had a bleeding tumor between her kidneys and bladder.. Yes..Cancer did take my Mom away and I  would like so much to still have her with me but, she was going to be 80 when she die. In the death certificate says Leukemia what take her, my Mom would tell you it was her time. My mon always said, that when we are born we come to this life with a book under our arm and when the pages of the book are gone, then and not before, is when you have to leave this world. I know is hard but, think positive and encourage your mom and grandmother to do the same and pray. I will keep on praying too that our Lord help you all. Have Faith Melissa.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help...I hope I did.
Bear hugs.
Gladys

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

My aunt & gramma have had cancer too; my gramma almost 30 years ago.

They've come SUCH a long way in treating it since then; it's not like it
used to be. Did the doctor have anything more to say other than the lumps
are cancerous? I know your grandma will lose her breast; what does it look
like for your mom? & I hope your sister gets to feeling better, too!
May your troubles pass quickly & be a lot smaller up close.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh huge hugs Melissa, I'm so sorry to read that you're going something very difficult at the moment.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Danni

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Melissa you dear sweet lady, I am sending you your Mum and Grandmother all my prayers. :pray:  :pray:  :pray: 
I will be thinking of you over the coming months and praying that all goes well. Remember this condition is treatable and if soon enough curable.
Melissa may I urge you to go get yourself checked out and tell your doctor of your family history. In some familys...my own for instance... there is a gene that disposes the family members to this dreadful illness. Remember it is treatable. Take care sweetheart and from across the miles I am sending you many hugs.

Jane.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer