Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Melissa, that must be so hard for your poor mom and granny! Hug them for me please!

This breast cancer thingy sometimes has genetic origines... That mean that it's better checking regularly your own breast if a few direct members of your family had/have it. The good point when the cancer is found very early is that it usually can be healed without removing the breast and there are very few risks of the cancer to come back. So please, have your breast checked regularly as well as all adult girls from your familly!

I really hope that things will go as smooth as possible for your mom and granny and that surgeons and doctors will manage to heal them both.

Thank you soooo much for sharing that with us. I know it is never easy to share bad news, but beleive me, it will help you feel better and will give you more strength.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and send you lots of love!

Take care,
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear that you're carrying such a load of troubles!  :hug:

It's an awful shock to hear such bad news, and so much of it all at once--but I have half a dozen friends whose breast cancer was successfully treated, and I hope your family's will respond to treatment!

My heart goes out to your sister and her baby--I hope her doctors can get her back to mommying soon.

As you've already seen, we're all here for you. Never be afraid of sharing your griefs here and letting us help you carry the burden!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Hugs and Prayers for all of you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Melissa,

I definitely will be praying for you and your family.  You must always remember that God hears all of these prayers, and He cares.  He loves His children.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh my gosh Melissa!  I don't know what else to say but that I'll say a prayer for you and your family....  I'm thinking of you Melissa......  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What awful, scary news you received, Melissa . . . I'm so sorry.  I hope that as time goes on, both your mom and grandmom will survive this crisis and come out very well.  My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2000 and even though 15 out of 17 lymph nodes were malignant, she continues to do very well.  So - there can be a silver lining to it all.  My thoughts are with you and your family.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Melissa,
I´m sorry to read this; sometimes it justcomes all together....

I wish you and your loved ones good luck!

Best wishes
Gaby bear_flower

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Melissa I'm so sorry and I know how you feel. My mom had breast cancer when she was 38 years old (I was 15). She lost a breast, but is still with us at 67. There is hope!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

What a terrible shock you you Melissa, I'm so very sorry you have to endure such worry, and can only imagine what you must be going through.   Will keep all three of you in my prayers, and remember, we are here for you always.....   bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  Don't worry about venting... That is what we are here for. :hug:

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Melissa.

Bear hugs, Edie

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Melissa, I have been praying for you and your mom and grandma since you first posted. I'll add your sister to my list. I'm glad you've let us know so we can be praying for you and your family. Let them know for us that we're all pulling for them!

Big hugs,  :hug:
Debora

sarahjane Brisbane

Melissa you are in my thoughts too  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Melissa I am very sorry for your awful news.  Huge hugs and remember you can always come here for a friendly shoulder to cry on.  Please take care  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
xox Sarah

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Melissa, you know me and my family share your worry and strife...Be strong... :hug:
I WILL PRAY FOR YOU ALL JUST AS I DO FOR MY DEAR AUNT...

Here is an angel sent to watch over you all...

*** (\ *** /) ***
*** ( \(_)/ ) ***
***  (_/ \_) ***
**** /___\ ****

zemeski Posts: 434

Thank you everyone for your prayers and remembering me and my family. My grandmother will be having her breast surgery tomorrow 6/20/06. She will stay over night at the hospital because of her age. She seems to be in good spirits about it. I know it must be due to the prayers!!!

My mother will only have the lump removed. Not her whole breast. We don't know yet when she will have her surgery. Probably in about three weeks to give my grandmother time to heal. My mom will have to take care of my grandmother for the rest of this week and she wants to get that behind her before she has her surgery.

Thank you again!!! All seems to be going as planned this far!! The prayers have been felt by everyone!!!

bear_flower

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

That's great, Melissa! I'll continue praying for you all.  :hug:
Debora

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Melissa, our prayers are with you and your family  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Melissa,

I truly believe God is doing a wonderful work in your family.  I'm still praying for you.  God is so wonderful.

Board footer