Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Adgraceface.jpgAdSerenaCloseFace.jpgMaxCollage.jpgWell, after listening to me whine and cry and turn green with envy each and every time some one even mentioned the word 'kitty' around here.... I finally was able to adopt a sweet little tiny guy of my own!  His name is Max.... and he's only about 8 weeks old.  He just came home with us on Saturday.  We went to the APL (Animal Protective League) to get him.  They had three litters of tiny babies who were ready to go, so it was just a matter of selecting one (I would have happily taken home two or three!)  I was very firm in wanting a female... but something about the face on this little boy just cried out to me.....

It wasn't until yesterday night when I was launching my new auction, that my husband commented.... "Kim.... he looks just like your new bears with the two colored faces....!"  Gosh... I think he might be right!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Kim, I for one am really glad you got a male kitty.  You'll see, once he's neutered, he will be the most loving boy.  We have two males and my daughter has three males and I wouldn't ever get another female cat, if given the choice.  He's absolutely adorable (but what kitten isn't LOL!).  What's his name?

hugs,

Brenda

Oops - I see it - MAX!  Awesome name - that was my dad's name but I really like it.

hugs,

Brenda

Hudson, Ohio

He is just a cuddler already Brenda!  And a kisser too!  I am thinking that maybe he wasn't nursed quite long enough.. he sits and licks my fingers and kneeds with his little paws on my lap.... total "milking" behavior!

Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Congratulations KIM!!!

I simply think that home isn't home with our live furbabies

You did wonderfully choosing such a lovely boy.....

And there's nothing like a warm purrbaby on your lap especailly in the winter!!!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Kim, He is SO cute!!!!! and he does have the same look as your two new little bears, which, I must say are  adorable as well!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: He's adorable, Kim bear_wub

Brenda's right--neutered male cats make the best pets (as I like to remark in conversations with my daughters' boyfriends)  bear_cool

Females, in my experience, tend to be a bit snarky and standoffish until they've aged a bit. In the cat world, they're the serious ones, and the hunters. The males are the lovers.

Our kitties, aged 3 to 17, still knead and suck sometimes when the want comfort.

Enjoy his teeny-tiny kittenhood! They grow so fast.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

AWWWWWWWW...he's a sweetie alright.  I'm SSSSSOOOOOOOOO happy for you Kim.  I'm suffering from postpartum kitty blues right now.   bear_cry   bear_cry

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Kim! I am so pleased for you! What an adorable little Kitty! I love animals of any kind but kittens are too cute! Yes there is a similarity! Your bears are heartbreakers and that kitty is too!

Many Hugs Louise

Kim,
     I think most mature cats will knead on soft things, somewhat, while they are getting comfy.  Our oldest cat, Bear, (are you ready for this!) sucked his tail until he was almost two years old!!  I had never heard of a cat doing that before.  It was disgusting really LOL!  Anytime he went to sleep, he just wrapped his tail around him and sucked it.  The last inch and a half would be dripping wet.   We used to make fun of him and tease him and tell him all the other kitties would laugh at him LOL!  Our kids were in their teens when we got him, and neither of them wanted him on their bed because it would get all wet and he made so much noise.   We were all pretty happy when he finally stopped it.  So I think they are all big babies at heart, so enjoy Max as much as you can!

hugs,

Brenda

nettie scotland
Website

beast.jpgI  can't believe it Kim!!When I looked at your bear this afternoon I thought he reminded me of my cat .I didn't say as I thought it might sound uncomplimentary.My poor baby is recovering from a huge wound on his chest poor lamb.He is better now but sleeping more.I love your new kitten and look they have the same markings, even the wee smudge.Beast is five years old and part oriental .He is more work than the four dogs put together but we all love him especially my youngest dog..Have fun with your new baby.
Diane xxx

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

How adorable Max is, Kim! I love that he and Diane's Beast (!) resemble each other. We had a rabbit (Lucky) a long time ago who was black and white...these kitties remind me of him! Lucky and our cat Bandit were buddies and would play together in the yard. My mom snapped a picture of them one day when they were still young that was precious: Bandit and Lucky were sitting side by side, and Bandit had his arm around Lucky. Buddies!

Have fun with little Max!
Debora

K Pawz Guest

Ummm am I missing something, I don't see any kitten pictures, but those are some adorable bears...

Hugs,
Krista

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

We're such pushovers for a furry cat face!!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Aww, Kim, what a little sweetheart you've got there. Too, too cute! I just love baby kitties! bear_wub

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Kim he is adorable!!!!!  And yep, he DOEs look like your bears!!!  bear_grin

Hudson, Ohio

Thanks for letting me show off my new baby a bit!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub 

Diane... the resemblance is simply uncanny, isn't it!?  Your guy has a black mark on his chin, which Maxie doesn't have.... but the little white cheeks and streak up the head are right on, as well as the little black mark on the nose!  It's like having a window into the future!  That is just so funny that you were seeing the likeness between your Beast and my new bear... you must have just laughed out loud when you saw my baby... and my own comparision!  :crackup:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh Max is a cutie, love the markings!!
Glad you gave him a wonderful home!  bear_original

Kim,
     Must be compulsory for black and white cats to have lip marks.  This is my niece's cat, Jersey.  Looks a lot like Beast and Max, don't you think?

hugs,

BrendaJerseyC.jpg

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wow! Three of them! bear_wub

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Adorable Kim - Congratulations on your new baby Max.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Congrats Kim on your new kitty!!! We went a bit crazy and got a new baby cockatiel, so I guess I'll have to show everyone him just as soon as I get some  :photo:  taken of him!

Your kitty is so sweet.  I wouldn't worry about the milking behaviour, our two boys who were born here and kept here, still do that and they weren't completly weaned until they were quite old!

Danni

Hudson, Ohio

Brenda... WOW!  Jersey DOES look like both Maxie and Beast!  Too funny!   bear_wub  bear_smile   There must just be certain ares that are geneticaly prone to receive the contrasting pigmentation..... I know that the two cats I had previously were BOTH black with a single little spot of white on the chest... and we saw two others in the shelter that had that exact same coloration as well. 

Beary truly,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Kim,
     That's really interesting about the black cats with white chest hair, cuz my Bear is exactly like that!  He's a HUGE 22 lb lazy boy, all black except for the bit of white on his front.  I'd love to more about how the genetics work in cats.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer