Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

A lovely moisturising body cream and if it comes with someone to rub it in, so much the better!  bear_happy   bear_tongue

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

!!!!!!!!! a delurk!  woohoo! bear_laugh  bear_smile  bear_grin

Chrissi have you ever tried to make ices & sorbets? we got our ice cream machine
for ~$15 a couple summers ago, & have made all sorts of stuff including soy vanilla chai
(with splenda, even) & it's wicked cheap!

What kinda doggies?

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Crissa and welcome to TT. I agree with you feeding BIG dogs is NOT cheep!!
Looking forward to "see" you more in here.
Have a great day
Gladys

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Eileen
Don't get me wrong, I do like the good things in life, besides family and freedom. I problably sounded pretty....How it used to be call??.. Square?? bear_grin  I do love big TV, good sounding music, good food ( love to go to restaurants!! ) comfortable shoes. Good perfume, have been using for a long time Red ( funny...is the color of the Communist!! )  bear_grin Coffee!! I love Mocha!! the realistic looking baby dolls ( $$$ ) and BEARS!!! I am sure I forgot a "few" other "little thing"
Well.. have to go and clean house bear_happy  Not fun.
have a great day bear_flower
Gladys

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Kim and all, 

I do have an ice cream machine...I was way too in luv with ice cream to give up the concept when going non-dairy.  The stuff on the market is ok, but can get really expensive.  I found that using really good organic cocoa and rice milk  in a classic ice cream recipe makes a good treat.

Doggies.... in oldest to youngest age progression...we have a Lab/Husky Mix, she's my "good old girl"...an English Shepherd whose face will be inspiration for my next teddy bear design (what a face!!), the one and only boy is a Beagle Basset Mix we rescued from "the pound". He's also the smallest of the crew (poor guy). And last but in no way least weighing in at 90 pounds at 11 months is our Shiloh Shepherd.  A long haired beauty who could possibly reach 115 pounds, she's our Live Bear.   That's my puppy crew.   bear_wub 
I saw on your site that you have a Greyhound!  They're such beauties...so graceful and gentle.  We have friends who rescue and work really hard within that area.   
~Looking forward to more postings....there is SO much great information on this site!  And the artists who are willing to mentor, its' just great.
~Chrissi

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I'm pretty easy to please really.  My luxury is time alone un-interrupted  and the internet are wonderful luxuries !   But food wise one thing I can't compromise on is the brand of Ketchup ( catsup)  it has to be Heinz- there is nothing better.   I just love the stuff.   :crackup:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Tammy, I'm with you. My husband and I recenlty stumbled upon the Heinz organic ketchup...oh, my! It's thick and rich and even better than the original.  bear_original

Debora

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

All things that make me feel good,  music,clothing, perfume, shoes, jewellery, and of course my CAR.
Yet when at home working I tend to wear my oldest clothes, no jewellery and very happy to get dirty working in the garden.

Lynette

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I forgot to add that one absolutely essential luxury -- don't laugh! -- is a really soft polarfleece or microfiber blankie.  Yes, a blankie.  I never had one as a child, but at the end of every day, I pick the softest, freshest one around and curl up with it on the sofa.  It's like going to heaven.

And who mentioned [SPAM]?  Dang, I love those things!!!  They ARE an essential luxury.  Little cushy warm pillows for the feet.  Ahhhh....

bear_original

I live in my uggs.  I have a standard brown pair I wear out and all around and then I got a pair on sale for just in the house...end of season sales on the "oddball" colors are a great way to get a nice pair of uggs!! Sometimes Marshalls and TJ Maxx will carry those oddball colors for more than 1/2 off....can't beat it for the UNBELIEVABLE comfort those boots provide.  Who cares if they're neon purple, the doggies sure don't!!  bear_grin

Oh, and one luxury I allow myself now and then is a piece of a chocolate bar by Green & Blacks.  It's called Maya Gold and it is amazing. And I quote...."Delicious organic dark chocolate with exotic orange essence, perfectly balanced by the warmth of cinnamon, nutmeg and a hint of vanilla".   Heaven!

~Chrissi
coming summer 2006....www.CatherWoods.com
ebay CTCatherwoods

Website

So Chrissi and Shelli, are the Uggs boots really warm? I have the worst trouble with my toes getting way colder than the rest of me (Raynaud's syndrome), and I am on the hunt for good, warm footwear. Of course, it's hot here, and I can't believe I'm asking... bear_laugh

Debora

Hi Debora,
My youngest sister has Raynaud's as well.  We all actually suffer from cold extremities, but she is far worse with the blue fingers and all..... She loves her uggs. The nice thing about the uggs is that they're like a really good down comforter in that it can keep you warm in winter and cool in summer.  I wear mine inside all year round. 

This past Christmas I got us all slippers called "happy toes".  You can find them on Amazon.com right now for about $20+/-. 
You put the bean bag insert in the microwave and they stay warm for up to 45 minutes.  I wouldn't recommend walking around in these slippers, but if you're in bed or sitting making a bear, or watching tv they're great!!

~Chrissi  bear_original

Website

Oh, cool! Thanks so much, Chrissi! And I look forward to your Web site's debut this summer. I am not familiar with your work yet!

Bear hugs,
Debora

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
Shelli wrote:

I forgot to add that one absolutely essential luxury -- don't laugh! -- is a really soft polarfleece or microfiber blankie.  Yes, a blankie.  I never had one as a child, but at the end of every day, I pick the softest, freshest one around and curl up with it on the sofa.  It's like going to heaven.

Oooh....yes, I love blankies too...except mine are my handmade  quilts...they all have super soft flannel backs.  I LOVE THEM!!!  I have them all over my house incase I need one right away.

Blankies are good at any age!!!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

My only real luxury is English horseback riding lessions. They are so darn expensive! But I just love the wind in my hair cantering around the arena!

Other than that, mostly I just spoil my animals. My new dog has every toy PetsMart has to offer.  bear_wub

Aerianna

New Avenue Crew wrote:

Oh, cool! Thanks so much, Chrissi! And I look forward to your Web site's debut this summer. I am not familiar with your work yet!

Bear hugs,
Debora

Your Welcome! I'm excited about getting the web site togehter. "summer project"
Frankly, I'm just getting familiar with my own work  bear_grin
I made my first mini's about 2-3 years ago and then stopped for about a year.  I just picked it up full force again this winter and it's what I want to do without a doubt!  I love mini's and I'm now starting to move into slightly larger bears at 9-12 inches. (I'm very new to eBay selling, that's a new and kind of scary adventure. You hope people will enjoy, it's such a personal thing....this is one arena where the phrase "it's business not personal" just flies out the window..it just doesn't apply!). 
Soft Sculpting is my other summer project.  And this site had been more helpful than any book I've read and I've got quite the collection of books, magazines, etc on bear making.  But the older books just don't hit on the advances in bear making. They've got the basics, but before I found this and other sites I was scanning the internet for any little sentence or blip I could find on eyelids, sculpting, airbrushing, etc.   This site is just awesome and I'm happy to be here!!

~Chrissi
coming summer 2006....www.CatherWoods.com
ebay CTCatherwoods

Website

I agree, Chrissi! This forum is so helpful and the people are so nice and giving. is it any wonder I'm addicted? bear_laugh Let us know when your site is live. I haven't sold on eBay...I'm afraid I would never have enough bears to offer!  bear_noexpression

Debora

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Books. I buy books by my very favorite authors in hardback, on the day they're released. Have done even when I made minimum wage and it took days to earn the money. (I also buy an absurd number of other books, which I could get from the libary, but I really love books.)

Good sheets. Once you've slept on high thread count sheets, there's no going back. Thank heaven for overstocks.com! I even put them on the guest bed.

Wine. I love relaxing with a glass of wine. I generally go to the wineries to buy it so it's less expensive. Plus, I get to taste, so there's no money lost on bad bottles.

Whirlpool tub. When we built our house, we each got to choose one luxury, and that's mine. I don't need expensive bath gel, bubbles, or lotion, but I have to have a long, deep tub for soaking!

High speed internet. Dial-up is torture.

Lunch "out". Even when all I could afford was cheap tacos, I have always enjoyed going out to lunch several times a month. It's a nice break in the middle of the day, and I like not having to fix the food and clean up after it. In fact, I'm going out today.

Cats. I've always had a cat or two, and always found a way to feed them and get them vet care. I wouldn't be me without a cat in the house.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Mindy,
     I definitely agree with you about books.  I have my own library LOL!  I don't even have a library card - if I like a book and want to read it, I HAVE to own it.  I'm also a scrooge with them - I don't like lending my books to anyone LOL!

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer