Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Care to share your good news?

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

Nope....I'm selfish and going to keep it all to myself so there!!!!

Kent
Website

Aw shucks!  That's no fun!!!  bear_grin

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I haven't got much...sad isn't it.

My daughter received a score of 95/100 on her evaluations for beauty school.   This is saying alot because she absolutely HATES school of any kind.  She seems to be in her element right now.

My youngest son is busy with football now that school is out.  Weight training at 6:15 a.m. then he's helping with football camp for younger kids, then his own practice.  Keeps him busy until 3:00 p.m.   Football camp for him this weekend for 4 days...yeah.

My oldest is just busy working, working, working...has been putting in 45-60 hour weeks....this is good...keeps him out of trouble. 

Have a new bear design...however you can't tell...still looks like an ADB...go figure.

There you go, Paula...that's all I got.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Our good news is that we made it through the weekend in one piece!!!  :dance:  bear_grin

It was a busy time - carnival on Saturday where my daughter Katie insisted on trying every ride (she's nearly 6 and a bit of an adventurer...). On Sunday it was the school's Rose Queen Festival, with parade and fete. Katie was very excited about dressing up and walking in the parade (see photo). And as if that wasn't enough, she had a party to go to afterwards! Two hours of screaming kids running wild in a whacky warehouse! It was l-o-u-d, I tell you.... :D

http://www.teddy-talk.com/uploaded/katie.jpg

:hug:

Kent
Website

Ah see!  I knew there would be some good news!!!!  Thanks for sharing!!! 

Shantell, I will look forward to seeing your new APD design!! 

I have a wee bit too ... my plonker crisis (see other thread!) is now over thanks to a shining knightess on her dashing white charger!  Johnna at Intercal is my shining star today!  bear_wub

Um, now what else?  There must be more, surely!  Let me think ... hmmmn ... oh yes!  My new car!  I picked it up recently after my thirteen year old Metro died quietly in the road.  The replacement car is the first car I have ever chosen and bought for myself, so I'm very chuffed with it!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Ooh, a new car....that is good news! And I'm glad to hear that your 'arm' crisis is sorted out....I bet most of us have done smething like that at some time or other. I know I have!  bear_wacko

nettie scotland
Website

Our good news is my daughter and I spent Saturday morning rescuing some marooned tadpoles.The river had dried right out and they were in a tiny pool about a foot square.There were about two thousand it it.We scooped them with spoons and carried them up to the river.Sadly we didn't get them all as our backs were getting so sore.yesterday we went to check on them and they were all still swimming about their new pond.I will check them every couple of days to watch their progress.
Also one of my fish got swim baldder disease and was upside down.I saw on animal planet that frozen peas help.After one meal he is the right way up again.Oh happiness!!!
Diane xxx

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin Frozen peas for swim bladder disease? That is good news--I lost all my fishies not long ago bear_cry

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_angry Dang--I'm on my Hubs' laptop because my computer has been in the shop for a week-it has a mind of its own. The good news is that the fixer promises he'll get to my  computer today.

Other good news--I'm almost (not quite) finished with the new bear, rabbit and mouse prototypes that I want to use for my TBF advert photo! The mouse went through 3 sets of toes before I  got them right bear_sad , but I did get them right bear_original

Best good news--my MIT student daughter is actually going to get around to helping me design my website, at last! Huzza!

I gave her links to several TTers' sites so she could see how the experts do it bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Dilu can walk without a cane now....awkwardly...but still moving~

h040.gif

Now she has to re-learn the posture she had in her youth. 3 years being crippled up and unable to hobble certainly did a number on her posture!

p045.gif

And how about that I am using the Bowflex more than the hubster?

p007.gif

And i love the pool therapy-it really is helping!

p010.gif

n015.gif      f015.gif   

The sun is shinning here.....which is glorious to me since it rained almost every single day for 6 months~  And while the temps should be up in the 90's but are only the 70's it is still glorious and beautiful..

n050.gif

d020.gif         

Dilu did her poison oak walk today and couldn't find anything to squirt with bleach!  AHAHAA

Bleach really works unbelieivaby well on poison oak

e070.gif

Johnna at Intercal is very special isn't she?

g010.gif

Hope good news is helping!

s030.gif

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub Now that is a bunch of good news!!!!! Oh and I changed my picture...it's brand new...taken on Saturday:)
Hugs,

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

bear_original MY AUNT IS CONTINUING TO DO WELL WITH HER CANCER TREATMENT. bear_original

IM NEARLY OVER THAT CHEST INFECTION WHICH HAS BEEN CLINGING TO ME.... bear_thumb

bear_original YIPEE some of my sale bears are selling...  bear_original
I DESPARATELY NEED TO REPLENISH MY MOHAIR STASH....

Ive got new bears on the way... IN PIECES.... bear_grin .....

IM GLAD DILU IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER bear_thumb  :hug:

THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS ARE NEARLY HERE............

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Jeannie-TT-2.jpgJeannie-TT.jpgThis is the absolutely the best news ever - my Wee Scone "Jeannie" arrived the other day - isn't she a delight!  I am so thrilled with her - Diane did a wonderful job - her bears are the best!

Jane P.

OK - I think I need to make the pic smaller - I'll be back in a few minutes with her photo.

Maybe third time lucky!

Kent
Website

Hey, this feelgood factor is good isn't it?!!  Keep it coming!!  bear_thumb

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Jane, Jeannie is adorable! I have always wondered what Wee Scone bears are like "in the fur."  bear_flower

Debora

Oh, and I forgot my own good news: my sister is moving to town She's starting a new job tomorrow! Her hubby will follow when they've found a house and he can get their current place sold and everything taken care of there. They'll be moving from California to Colorado. We're so excited! Now my cousin and her family (who moved here, oh, about 12 years ago) have me and Garth (hubby) and also my sis and her hubby.  bear_smile

Thanks for this good news thread, Paula!  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

The good new is, at the end of the week I'll find the weekend! :crackup: ( sorry just hating my job again........)

Nice idea paula. It's nice to hear the good things too!

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

My good news is, that I'm very happy, to come back again  to TT tomorrow   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

The bad news is, that I now have to go, because I have to get up at 5 o'clock in the mrning again  bear_cry

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Bugsie-Award.jpgBethany-Award.jpg

I had two bears at The Gold Coast Teddy Fair in Oz and they came home with ribbons and a first place. I am fairly new to entering shows and have had good feed back on how to improve my bear making.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

sarahjane Brisbane

OOOH Congratulations Susan, That is really good news you must be thrilled!!!

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

What a nice thread! I have lots of good news. I love my job, my husband's job is starting to look a lot more promising and interesting to him, my kids have just had all their checkups and have healthy bodies, eyes, and teeth. We get to see my brother and his family this weekend who are visiting from Oregon! I know I am a fortunate person because I could keep writing all night.... bear_original
  Suzanne

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

dog-1-head-small-pic.jpgMy good news is...I've got a new arrival...a 6 month old Pug puppy.  He is bred by the friend that I show in partnership with and was going to live with her, as the others do, but this little boy decided he was mine.  Named 'Aimhi Keepn Secrets' or Rett to his friends, he was only meant to stay with me for a few days so I could do a little training, because everyone knows I would never live with a pug, I don't want another dog, and all those other excuses,  but he had other thoughts and when he went back to Patricia's for 1 night, while I went away judging, he fretted and cried until I arrived.  So as you can see I had no choice.....AND I LOVE HIM TO BITS.

Picture taken at 8 weeks

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

My good news came this morning from the Ophthalmic Surgeon...I'm not going to loose my eyesight in my left eye...he caught it in time.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Big relief that was, I can tell you!

Now, this momma bear polarbear.gif can get back to sewing her little heart out!

Big :hug:
Sandi

P.S. Glenys he's a sweetie...and knowing you, he'll get spoiled rotten. bear_grin

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Good news yay!  :dance:  Nice to hear, thanks Paula  bear_thumb

Sandi
, so glad about your eyesight!  I love appointments like that!

Gleny's, your new baby is ADORABLE!! I want a cuddle  :hug:

Susan, CONGRATULATIONS!!!   I love the crotchet bear bear_original  so well made  bear_thumb

Dilu and Laine, glad you are both beginnig to feel better  :dance:

And Paula, great thread  bear_thumb  and yay on the car bear_original  What colour is it?

It's a beautiful day today here and that is good news for me since it's been so cold lately!!  I'm getting more work done slowly as my strength keeps coming back, and my dyed mohair looks fabulous (know that feeling when you can't stop looking at it bear_happy )

xo sarah

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh so much happy news, and I want to cheer everyone!!!

n015.gif

Paula, you because you had the idea!  HipHipHoooray!!!

g020.gif

Sandie!  Thank God, the Surgeon, the angels watching over you, all the powers that be in this glorious universe!!!

g030.gif

n090.gif

Glenys,  awwww  he is so cute....I couldn't resist such a face either.....

k010.gif

k020.gif

How nice Suzanne is having company!  And from Oregon!  They must be terrific!!!

d025.gif

r030.gif

How lucky our Renae is for getting to see the beaver....lucky lady!

k015.gif     

Three cheers for Susan!  What glorious bears!

k015.gif

a040.gif

We are so happy to have Claudia back again too!!!

k025.gif

Awww Heather,  we love weekends too, congratulations on yours being soon....oops this is Monday....oh well, you will have another weekend in 4 more days honey....we can count down with you!

d031.gif

k005.gif         

Yayyy for Colorado for getting more of Debora's family and happy dance for Deb too!

k010.gif

h020.gif

Jane how happy I am for you-isn't it neat collecting wee ones from friends!  Lovely! Congratulations!!!

d040.gif

d045.gif

I am so glad your aunt is doing better....that is happy happy news!!!  And you too.....

d040.gif

n100.gif

Eileen  piccys hon!!!!!  Can hardly wait to see your new prototypes.....and your darling daughter making your website!  How lucky you are!!!

n100.gif

Diane- how kind you are!!!

n090.gif

Awww Helena, I remember well doing the carnival scene with mine....I was always ready for the nap and the kids were good to go and ready to launch again!

s020.gif                       

Awww Shantell, keeping the kids busy at any age is happy news!!!

a080.gif

Board footer