Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

My good news is, after having my hand basically crushed on Saturday by one of those guys with a killer hand shake at a show I was doing..not just once but twice...on his way in & out..and having a sprain that woke me up at 4 in the morning with major pain...and spending the day yesterday with my arm in a sling so I wouldn't be as tempted to use my hand( Still did some...bad girl)and icing & putting arnica extract on it...and massaging it...today I actually worked through weaving a basket...& some 2 handed typing.
And the really good news...we now have our second Gallery for our baskets...
Hugs & Happy things,

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap: Wonderful thread Paula!!  Great idea!!

My good news:

I believe my father may have found a new job.  He was forcibly retired at the age of 58 about 3 1/2 months ago.  He trained for a CDL (commercial driver's license), studied hard (the test is TOUGH), and passed with flying colors, so he has his license.  He recently had his second interview with a company that stays close to home and had the physical and urine test done that day.  Sounds promising to me as I think companies usually don't do the physical/pee test unless they want to hire you. :pray:  :pray:

I am honored, thrilled, and tickled pink to have my work and words included in Christine Pike's column, Bear Essentials, in the latest Teddy Bear Review.  Thank you Christine!! :hug:   I have never been in print before this, and I'm sooooo excited!! :dance:  :dance:

The building of our addition is finally starting.........TOMORROW!! :dance:  :dance: The excavating for the foundation will be done tomorrow, and the concrete is supposed be done Thursday.  Yipppeeeee!!!!!  Pictures will be forthcoming as work progresses bear_grin .........

:hug:  :hug:
Tracy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Yey!!!  So much good news already!!!   

It's especially good to hear that those of you with health issues are movin' on up and that the simple pleasures of life are making us all smile too!  Such great news to hear that life is getting better for many of you and your loved ones! 

Long may it all continue - thanks everyone!!  bear_flower

Densteds Densteds
Website

wedding-037-Small.jpgwedding-007-Small.jpgHi Everyone,

My wonderful news is that my darling daughter Becky was married two weeks ago, it was a lovely wedding and she looked beautiful. It's winter in Australia so she wore a beautiful handmade Celtic styled dress with a long cape & hood, it was all made from velvet silk in ivory....
I was wondering if this was ever going to happen because for the last 14 years she's been working all over the world but 3 years ago she finally met a lovely man in Ireland who was also working overseas...so they finally came back and got married here. I've only got a couple of photos so far, stupid me ran out of the house and forgot my camera...but here's a couple some friends sent me...this is one taken in the garden of the 170year old home where the reception was held..
and don't you just love the cake..it had a little light in it..

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hey Renae,

thanks for your lovely words...it was a grand wedding and everything went perfectly it even stopped raining....thank goodness!!
The funny this is Steve (groom) is of Irish decent but he's a New Zealander he was just working in Ireland....they are now living in NZ...what a relief I felt sure she'd marry someone from England and I'd hardly ever see her...at least NZ is only a 3 hour plane trip...

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

SANDI

IM SOOO THRILLED FOR YOU :hug: I BET YOUR SOOOOO HAPPY..... :hug:

Lanie x

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Hi Beary Pals,
My good news was getting a phone call I have anxiously been waiting for.  My hay dealer (sounds torrid) called to let me know know he has done his first hay cut and my two wagons are ready to be picked up.  Dosen't sound to exciting but for a horsy person this is wonderful news.  My poor horses have been without hay for 3 weeks, found my last run of hay bales moldy and infested with worm thingys had to toss 65 bales out.  Leaving my boys hayless, and for a horse this is not a good thing.  Been scraping by with hand outs and very $$$$ hay cubes.  So new fresh hay is like finding gold in them there hills.  And it gets better, my hubby surprized me by hiring his work crew to come and help us stock to barn, I only get 400 bales of hay but when your and old broad like me stacking 400 feels like 4000 with every one getting heaver as you go.  Yahoo!!! Me and the boys are set for another year. :dance: hay.jpg Here Slim is dining on his first course of new hay.slim.jpg Clancy just being Clancyclancy.jpg The boys all tucked in for the night snack hay nets hung just so everything is okie doki, night night my angels.in.jpg
I'm one happy horse gal
Big Hugs Deborah

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Great pics!  Glad to hear your lovely boys are now munching happily on their hay Deborah!

Denise, your daughter's wedding pics are beautiful!  What lovely news!

Congratulations to you Tracy - Chris writes a neat article doesn't she?!! 

Hey Sarah!  The car is a smart metallic blue - dark blue!  I love it.  bear_wub

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

It's nice to read good news.  My good news is that I'm babysitting my mom's 2 cocker spaniels.  I love having them here, and they're so cute and fun.

bhbears Bearhaven Bears
Merrickville, Ontario

Thanks Paula and Ranae, I think my boys are quite spectacular for old barn yard ponies. Been retired from the race track and show circuit for years, now it's just lounging around and going on the odd trail ride.  My barn is a work in progress my hubby and I started to build it about 3 years ago and we're still at it.  Just need the back door, I tack up a old piece of plywood every time it rains. Slims window needs to be put in (same thing with the window old plywood gets tack up) and the batten needs to be added on the outside then of course it's just maintenance after that. I'm just happy to have somewhere to put these guys when the weather turns nasty and the bugs get unbearable, they don't seem to mind that the place isn't the ritz they like it just fine the way it is.  I love the sight of all my hay stacked to the rafters gives me warm fuzzy all over because I don't have to do that for another year :dance: I hate doing hay :twisted: I'm still picking it out of places hay has no business seeing let alone taking up residence :redface: 
Ta Ta Deborah

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Thanks Sarah, Dilu, Renae and Lanie,
It was a bit scary...the thought that I might not be able to see to sew was just the pits. But not to worry now... bear_thumb
Big  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Sandi

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Denise, your daughter is beautiful and the pictures are super.  I looove the cake!

Sandi, thats such great news about your eye sight - Yippee!!

Deborah, I'm glad you got you hay situation fixed - Clancy and Slim have no reason to pout now.  They look really happy!

Paula, I'll bet your new car is snazzy - good for you and thanks for starting this thread!

hugs,

Brenda

Densteds Densteds
Website
Lisa wrote:

My good news is something i received in the mail this morning..so put a smile on my face, a happy vegemite today... :)

Okay Lisa, don't keep us in suspenders!! ha ha!!!!!!!!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Congratulations Lisa...what wonderful news!!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Penny.jpg

My good news is Penny (yes Pen-Pen, I named my kitten after you bear_original  :hug: ). She was born on the 31st of March. I won't talk about the sad news why she is there but all I can say is I really adore her. Another good news is I found a small piece of furniture at Ikea that is perfect for bear making... If you are curious, I can take pictures ;).
I love your good news, girls bear_original.

Lots of hugs,
Marion bear_original  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I've finally finish the photography of my entries to The Readers Choice awards competition. My camera went cuckoo on me and so I got a new one at the weekend.
Yippee!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Board footer