Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

First of all...... "THANK YOU" to all who have been thinking of my family and me during yet another difficult time.
And thanks to my Dear Hubby for keeping the home fires burning and my teddy friends updated!

Dad's surgery went well on 6/14 (last Wednesday) after waiting in the hospital for 3 days for the docs to figure out what to do! (They put in 3 more stents.... 2 on the aorta and one in the artery leading to the sm. intestine as there was a decrease in blood flow by 1/3! The later relived all symptoms of the Irritable Bowel Syndrome that has left him disabled the last 6 years! Amazing! All the pain is gone just like that! No doctor could figure out what he had all these years so just called it IBS... a catch all term for the unknown!)

On Saturday they were ready to send him home once he'd been up walking a bit. Well, HE COULDN'T WALK! Not due to paralysis but rather a balance problem and not being able to tell where his feet were going. An MRI showed no neurological damage. No one could figure this out. After two more days of tests and no answers they said he'd have to go to a rehab clinic near home. Well, those are all in nursing homes where they live and at 62 with all his brains in tact he said there was no way he was going to one! So, Tuesday (yesterday) morning he go out of bed and walked around the nurse's station unaided. Amazing what the mind can set the body to doing! Anyway, they discharged him late in the day yesterday and on the ride home he became very ill. By the time we got him home and in bed it was a matter of 2 hours before we were calling for an ambulance. We stayed at the emergency room until the wee hours this morning and then they took him back to the Boston hospital (Massachusetts General Hospital) via ambulance. Mom and I have had very little sleep the last 10 days and find hotel living and fast food eating do little good when in a stressful situation so we opted to stay home until tomorrow morning when we'll go back to Boston for God only knows how many more nights.

I'm bringing my laptop with me this time! I've felt so out of touch will all of reality! Being home tonight for 12 hours is like a culture shock! I'm looking forward to my own bed and pillow, that's for sure! You should see the weeds in my garden and I plan to hunt down whoever is eating my flowers when I get home again! The black bear has destroyed my birdfeeder again but left some very cool scratch marks on our trees!

Anyway, back to Dad. They don't know what is wrong this time yet. Colitis? A viral infection? (he is in quarantine until they know as it will be a gastro thing and very contagious to patients.) His body rejecting the 3 most recent stents put in? There are a number of possibilities. Poor dad has to have a whole battery of tests to figure it out. But he's a trooper!

I am itching to make bears now that the bunnies are done. Oh, and I got a copy of the movie script for "Mimzy" speaking of bunnies. They also sent an embroidered director's chair canvas (ya know, for the back of the chair) and it says:
Daphne Blau
Bunny Builder
On the back is embroidered "MIMZY" and they are using that belly button swirl on the bunny as the logo for the movie. Most importantly, my check FINALLY arrived!

So, some good things thrown in with all the stress to help balance things out!

I mentioned to you my best friend who's mother was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago..... her mom passed away yesterday. My heart aches for her and at the same time her experience reminds me that things could be worse.

So.... I'll let you get back to surfing Teddy Talk. I'm going to go crawl into MY bed and hopefully catch up on some much needed rest so I can hit the road again early in the morning.

Love and Hugs to my most favorite and precious friends in the world!
Daphne

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Good news and Bad, I Will continue to lift your dad and family up in prayer.
Many hugs to you.
Kathy

K Pawz Guest

Oh Daphne you have been through such an ordeal...get some good rest and you will be able to cope a little better for the next round....fingers and paws crossed all around at my house for you and your dad that his doctors can figure out what is the culprit after such invasive surgery....You are in our thoughts

Hugs,
Krista

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne,
     It's so good to hear your "voice" on TT.  I'm sorry your dad is back in hospital but he has survived the surgery and that's a first step.  I hope they can figure out what's wrong, quickly.  Will continue to send good thoughts and keep all of you in my  prayers.  Have a good nights sleep!

big hugs, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Aw Daphne,
This is not the way it is supposed to go.  Tell Dad he is not following the get better rules.  Have a good rest and prayers are still with your family.
Bear Hugs,
Donna

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Daph - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.  I just wanna hear he is on the mend.  It will be wonderful when you do say that!

On another note - how cool you got a director's chair  -- with Bunny Builder on it - that is cool!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Daphne,
I was worry about your dad and sorry that
He is back in the hospital again...
Please take a good rest when you can..
I will continue to keep all of your family
in my  prayers.   :hug:

PS.  Congratulation for finishing the Mimzy Bunny
project !!!!! brabo ! brabo !
How neat that they send you that cool director's chair  ! :clap:  I hope to see that movie soon.

warmest hugs/ Marie

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh my gosh Daphne, that's some roller coaster you're on at the moment....just know that we're all here for you and sending positive thoughts to you and your family. It's such a difficult time. Take care and let us know how you are when you get chance  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I cross my fingers for your dad!
I really hope they will find out quickly what's now going wrong with him!

Take care, sweet bunny builder!
My heart stays with you!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Daphne it is so good to hear from you.
I'm praying that your dad's doctors can figure
out what's happening and get him well so he
can go home soon.
Oh boy! How awesome a directors chair canvas
just for you, that's fantastic! I would be so
proud to have one like that.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne, lovely to hear from you, your Dad is in our prayers, take care.  :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Daphne, I think it is not only your dad thats a trouper, You certainly have had it tough for quiet awhile.
I was so pleased to hear that you had something to brighten up your day with the Mimzy script and your own directors chair cover.
You and your family will be in my prayes, :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:
Yake care of yourself  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug:  :hug: Oh Daphne....Life's sure taking you on a ride just now.  Stay buckled in safely...and we'll keep sending tons of hugs n love n prays  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Daphne.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Hang in there bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Daphne... rest and take care of youself!!!!  :hug:  You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.   :pray:

On a happier note.... how cool is that about getting your own personalized director's chair thing a ma bob!  I assume that when all has returned to peace you are going out to get a good chair frame for that!  YEA!!!!   :dance:

We love you Daphne, and I know everyone here is wishing you nothing but the best!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Soo happy to have you back! Mrs, Bunny maker!

Times sure can be tough............................

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Daphne, you have so much going on right now! Hopefully they will be able to track down this new problem quickly and get your Dad back on the mend.

That is so cool that you got a director chair cover with your name on it as official Bunny Builder!!

I will still be thinking of you and your family :hug:  :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Daphne, I thought at first 'oh great, Daph's dad is gettlng better', then I read on and it isn't all good yet. I keep my fingers and toes crossed that he will be well soon.
On the bright side, that director's chair is cool and your spirits seem to have lifted a bit.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Daphne- I hope you get some good medical news soon. Take care and know we are thinking of you!
  Suzanne

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

Dear Daphne your Dad is in our prayers and we are thinking of you! .  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

Daphne, thank you for your update. I'll continue to keep you and your dad and family in prayer.  :hug:

Debora

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Daph, I hope that thru all this taking care of others, you're at least spending a tiny bit of time and focus taking care of you, or else there will be a big KAPOW of letdown stress when all is said and done.  Do remember you and mom in all of this as well; you're both really bearing the brunt of a lot of worry and care, and that can be so wearing.  I'm happy you have an understanding and helpful husband who's being supportive through it all.

I'll continue sending warm thoughts and earnest prayers your way.

Hugs to you,

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Daphne, I am praying for your Dad. I would hete to imagine losing my Dad. Sounds like he has the spunk to get though it.    :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Also, it is just wonderful hearing about Mimzy. I can't wait until it comes out.
Hugs
Sonya

Dilu Posts: 8,574

060.gif

I am sorry things aren't going as well as you had hoped.  I believe in your ability to make your dad know how much he is loved, and to support your mom through all of this stress.  You are an incredable woman Daph, and all our prayers continue for you and your family.

h010.gif

Board footer