Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

HELLO EVERYONE!

I am back from Disney World, Florida....and am utterly exhausted.

I have missed you all and was wondering how things were here...and WOW...threee pages of new topics.  I don't think I will be able to catch up today.

We were supposed to be home yesterday but our plane, with the HUGE letters on the side, "TED" operated by United, had mechanical problems in Chicago so it was almost two hours late arriving in Orlando.  We had a connecting flight in Chicago at 9:15 PM last night....but...we arrived at O'Hare at 9:15...and missed the last plane to Green Bay so we had to stay in Chicago for the night.  It wouldn't have been so bad but our kids were tired and cranky and we had a dairy farm to get back to asap...not to mention we did not have our luggage.

I also came home to find that there has been a nation wide security breech with VISA cards...and my card is one of the unfortunate ones to have the numbers and information stolen.  I also got a phone call from ebay that someone is trying to mess with my account. :mad::(

Aside from all that we had a Fantasmic Time!!!!!(Disney visitors will recognize that expression):D:D:D  We had dinner with sharks, sting rays,fish, and sea turtles night before last..wow wow wow..scuba divers entered the tank and waved at all the undersea dinners....it was ...WOW
:cool:
We saw tons of characters in the theme parks and had photos taken with Mickey, Minnie, Tigger, Pooh, Eyore, Piglet, Goofy, Timon, and KODA(my fav) and several others.

We had a wonderful time.

I have post holiday blues right now but it is always good to be home.  It will take a few days to sort things out here and catch up.  I MISSED YOU GUYS.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Welcome home Judi.....we all missed you too.

Gollygeewhizzikins hugs and love

Dilu

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Welcome home Judi !What a wonderful time you must have had...sounds like a lot of fun !

I didn't hear anything about the Visa card problem...can you share some info. here about that or tell me where to find it on the internet ?...Winney

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

A big welcome home Judi!!! Missed you terribly Hon!

Hugs Louise

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Judi,
                Glad you are home safe and sound.. At least you enjoyed your break.  Hugs Rita xx

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, welcome, welcome, welcome back!  I love Disney and go regularly to the SoCal park even WITHOUT my kids; it was a favorite destination while in college at UCLA.

1)  Do share about the VISA thing if you get a chance, and
2)  Let us know some more about how eBay PHONED you.  What is the danger to your account, exactly, and how is it related to a VISA fraud problem exactly?  I'd be curious to know so I can be better protected myself.  Is it related to PayPal somehow?  Obviously, don't share if it puts you at risk!
3)  I feel like a dummy because I know and love Disney, and I totally and completely followed what you were saying when you mentioned Mickey, Minnie, Tigger, Pooh, Eyore, Piglet, Goofy, Timon... but who is KODA....? :)

Good luck settling back in now that you're home.  I'll bet the kids -- as  much as they undoubtedly loved Disney -- are happy to be back to the familiar.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Great to have you back, Judi . . . sorry there was so much amiss on your return.  But . . . at least you had a good time while in Florida!!  Hope everything gets worked out without a lot of hassle for you.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hiya Judi, we've missed you. Glad you all had a great holiday. I hope you sort out all your problems and get chatting with us all. I've never been to  Disney World but I love all the characters.

Shelli  Koda is Kenai little brother, both from Disney's Brother Bear!

Jane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Ah...  Oddly, we didn't see BROTHER BEAR.  Must remedy THAT problem really soon, obviously!  Thanks, Jane!:)

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Welcome back Judi,I I wish i could take my kids to Disney world,I have been myself but my kids haven't bear_sad Must sell more bear.... that's awful to come home to all that bad stuff ,hope you get everything fixed up soon.

Oh Shelli,you must see Brother Bear,such a touching story.

blessings and hugs and again,thanks so much Judi  bear_laugh bear_original bear_laugh ,Shari.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Welcome back Judi dear!!

We missed you and are so pleased to have you back. Glad to hear you had a good time and met some Beary friends!

Danni

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks ladies. 

I really like all your new avatars.  Maybe sometime I will learn how to do this myself so I can update mine too.

Yes, Shelli, you must see Brother Bear.  It is a story about acceptance, understanding ,and love.  It's really nice and the bears are adorable.

I still cannot access my ebay account.  I received a call from ebay stating that my account may be compromised and for security purposes I needed to download the new ebay tool bar.  I can access that ebay site and have changed my password. 
My bank also sent me a letter stating that credit cards number have been stolen, including mine, and some company has been duplicating these cards and are selling them.  I bank with a very reputable financial establishment.  They closed my account and issued me a new number as soon as they found out about it.   I found out about this all when I returned home from vacation.

I don't know for sure how someone got my credit card info and ebay account info.......I do have an idea but would rather not post this publically incase I am wrong.  It is just an aweful shame that there are low-lifes out there who so mean spirited and dishonest.:(

On a happier note...it's back to bears...I sure missed working on them while I was away.....my mohair is calling me.........;)

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Welcome back, Judi! bear_laugh

I had a letter from my bank a week ago, saying that they had reason to believe that my Mastercard had been "compromised" and promising to send me another card soon. No details at all, strangely enough. Idiot that I am, I haven't gone to the bank to check it out yet, which I should have done right away.  bear_ermm Scary stuff.

And by the bye, I was once a Charter Member of the Mickey Mouse Club!! I even got the magazine! bear_laugh Got to see Brother Bear asap.

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

kenai+koda.jpg

Here's KODA!  He's the smaller bear on Kenai's back.

GO SEE THE MOVIE!  You'll love it.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

contentHere's another one.

Judi-  I keep a totally separate account in a totally separate bank that only has money in it when I transfer  it so that I can order something using PayPal  I hope this helps.  Also I have 2 checks that I still haven't depositied- if you know what I mean-  - I guess I don't get there very often-the bank-but it isn't fair to the people who gave me those checks because it causes their balance not to tally right.  So I will take care of that this week.

I know how crazy I get when my balance sheet doesn't reconcile.  It is soooo scarry.  I am very sorry this happened to you and hope they catch whoever did it.  The FBI is pretty good at this sort of thing-catching people who mess around on computers doing things they shouldn't.  Let's hope they can clear up this mess you and so many others find themselves in.

Thank God that your bank was on top of things.  But stilll.......

Shelli-

Can I brag just a little?  My dad painted the Grand Canyon train ride diorama-  It was done a million years ago- I think the late '50's  but I saw it about 15 years ago and didn't look too different.

Do you ever get to the Natural History museum?  Or watch the AFLAC commercials?  The one where the kids are in a museum and you see elephants-  He painted that diorama too.  I think that was early 60's

A little trivia-

that will never do you any good.....

giggels

Dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Judi,

Welcome home!
Glad that you had a neat holiday and sorry to hear of the plane delays and the problem with
your credit card. I hope that it all gets sorted. As you say it is terrible that there are unscrupulous
people out there.
Best of luck with your Bears

Bear hugs
Carolyn

www.draffinbears.com

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Carolyn I have added your link TOO. Sorry I forgot you.

Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Goodness, Dilu . . . your dad sounds like a very wonderful artist!  Such talent in your family!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Hey, Dilu!  I just SAW that diorama for -- can you believe it?!? -- the FIRST TIME EVER, when I went to Disney with hubby just a month or so ago.  That, and the dinosaurs.  Very cool that I can now claim to know the daughter of the artist!  Thanks for sharing about that...

He really was a pretty great guy.  First of all he didn't think so....and then through his example he always showed me that we need to keep trying, never give up and try harder to do better...I still miss him.  gUESS WE ALWAYS do miss those we love who go before us.,

...."Lassie" he would say, " did you do your best?"

When I was little I would always feel that I should hav e done better....now I understand what he meant

Dilu-very blest and very grateful.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Judi,
Welcome back from Disney!!!!! :D
I love Disney too and I go to Tokyo Disney land
often...(due it's only 30min away from my work place)

I'm sorry that you had a trouble at Chicago Airport for flight delay and  also the Visa card problem...I did hear about the Visa and Master card (forgery card)problem on
the TV news few days ago.  :(
It is soooooooooooo hurd to keeping high security
for your credit card. Because the credit company are
not been security enough !!! 

I hope E-bay will clear your account soon...
Hugs/Marie

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Marie , how nice that you only live 30 minutes from Disney.  Do you also have an EPOCT , MGM, and Animal Kingdom parks?  These are all park of the Walt Disney World in Florida.  I belive Hong Kong will be building a Disney World too.

Well, I got my credit card "stuff" sorted out.  This scam is affecting VISA cards, just so you all know.  I hope that all hackers will have diarrhea at the worst possible time.  Shame on them.  Boy, you really have to watch your credit cards..and question anything and everything you don't  recognize...no matter how small...that is how it all starts.

Dilu, that is really awesome about your dad's paintings.  I will definitely be paying attention to the Aflac commercials (my kids love the duck).  Do you have any pictures you could post?

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

oh Judi, it is so nice to have you back...but I  know you had a wonderful time.  I love Disney, I don't think we ever grow up, really!
Koda looks like your precious little bears, with all that facial expression going on! 
Judi, I wonder if your problems came from all those records that got lost.  I hope you can get it straightened out without too much hassle.  How awful.
I know when you get back to 'bearing'  all the problems will just magically go away.
glad you are back 'in the fold'...stay home for a little while now.
Nanc........

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Judi,
No, we don't have  EPOCT , MGM, and Animal Kingdom parks..boo hoo. WE only have
Tokyo Disney land and Disney sea, then
Universal Studio in Osaka.
I'm glad that you sorted out the credit card
problem stuff.

Judi & Dilu, I think we have same Aflac commercials with the duck in here too . hehe

Hugs/Marie

Board footer