Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

I just love my new eyes! 

dixie-eyes-after.jpgdixie-eyes-after-2.jpg

It took some extra time and procedures, but I think my new eyelashes are great (no other bear in our den has them, so I'm feeling pretty special!) and they say my eyeliner is guaranteed never to run or be uneven.  Isn't cosmetic surgery grand?

Oh yes, my new nose is taking shape nicely too.  This is the same soft fabric that my feet were re-done in, so I'll be all color coordinated.

There were some "equipment issues"  in the operating room today, which is why my nose isn't complete yet, but I'm not too worried, I'm sure they'll get it taken care of

Love and bear hugs,

D

Surgeon's note:  the equipment issues were that the clippers I have used for at least 6 years gave up the ghost and had to be replaced!!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Well I have heard about contour lines, a bit like needle sculturing, this procedure is done with a local aneasthetic and GAURANTEED to give you a lift, taking years off of you.  I do hope that the surgeon took care about the local aneasthetic as we do not want any horrid experiences happening in the work place when we are undergoing surgery.

Lynette

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wowee, Dixie . . . you're lookin' great!  Like one of those movie stars of long ago . . . Dorothy Lamour, Rita Hayworth, Betty Grable (you got legs like Betty??), etc.   Looking forward to the finished Dixie!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Wowee!!   They are great!!!   bear_wub  bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

WOW Dixie I love the eyes they look fantastic.....

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

WOW! What a foxy lady!

Can't wait to see Dixie when the surgery is completed!

Keep us up to date Bev.

:hug:
Sandi

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Bev,
Are you going to give us the scoop on how Dixie got those fabulous eyes?
Donna

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO
SueAnn wrote:

Dorothy Lamour, Rita Hayworth, Betty Grable (you got legs like Betty??), etc.

Oh my, and it just seems more and more of these "grand dames" are leaving us, aren't they......no Betty Grable legs here, but maybe "Bette Davis eyes"!!

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO
Donna wrote:

Bev,
Are you going to give us the scoop on how Dixie got those fabulous eyes?
Donna

Well, here's the quick and dirty on the how.....

the eyes are the clear glass ones I get from my most favorite supplier (Dale of course!). 

Then I go and raid the nail polish drawer....2 coats of clear with glitter, 2 coats of pearlized pale blue, 2 coats of pearl white.....

the "whites" of the eyes are wool felt, the bottom layer under the white and the eye lids are the upholstry fabric that matches her feet. 

The eye lashes are the individual "clumps" of eyelashes available from our local Long's drug store, each group was glued to the underside of the eyelid BEFORE the eyelid was stitched down. 

When all that was done, I used the Coptic markers I bought from you to do the eyeliner.....

So, there you have it....credits all around to you, Dale, Shellie and Scott too for sharing what they do with eye treatments

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

You did a great job putting it all together! 
Donna

Board footer