Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I need yet another hug. I'm feeling a little sorry for myself at the moment as once again I was rushed into hospital. I was in hospital in May, June and then again on Saturday night till Wednesday night. What is upsetting me most is not that I have to have the operation soon but it looks as I may miss the bear fair that I am so looking forwards to. The surgeon is planning my operation as soon as the infection in my gallbladder is gone. My family think I'm crazy for thinking about the bears and say I should forget about them for a while...YIKES! That's like asking me to cut off my right arm.
I am still on antibiotics for a week and then I have moor blood tests, so I can see the operation is likely to be scheduled for when the fair is on. bear_sad bear_sad bear_sad

I was in the hospital ward with an Australian lady who was so sweet, I just loved her accent and Aussie sense of humour, we are going to keep in touch by email once she gets back to Melbourne. So a new friend is one thing that came out of my hospital stay. :)

Jane

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Jane, best wishes for a speedy recovery, lots of hugs and cuddles from Australia too. ;)

From another Aussie hehehehe.....

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh Doodlebears (Jane)...:(  you have every right to feel sorry for yourself...I feel sorry for you too!  I wish I was your friend next door and I could come over and help you.
I have a precious little prayer you might enjoy.  It goes like this:

Dear God,
Please remind me that I can do anything for a little while.
I can do repetitive chores...I can do unpleasant things...I can do difficult tasks and I can be surrounded by difficult people under the most unpleasant circumstances.
I can do all of these things, that I have convinced myself that I am afraid to do.
Please remind me that I can do anything for a little while.
I can feel uncomfortable.
I can feel inadequate, unworthy and ill equiped and still move forward in a positive direction until I feel better.
I can feel unsure and my faith waning and my strength draining and still accompolish something good, something great and something worthwhile.
Please God remind me that I can do anything for a little while.
When I feel like running away or turning around...when I am making excuses and trying to find a way out.
When I am whinning , complaining , feeling sad and down...(and feeling so bad about not being able to go to the bear fair)
please God remind me that no task is too small, unimportant  or insignificant. (and my health is top priority)
Please God remind me that I can do anything for a little while and while I am doing all that has been given to me to do, remind me to give you praise For the ability to do anything at all !!

Remember...you need to take good care of your body, (take it in for a tune up) so you will have the ability to go to the next bear fair!!  YEH!!!:D

Now here is your hug {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I have sent a little prayer and a hug....anything else?

Nanc.......

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Jane if there is one thing I have learnt about you, it is you are a very caring person. Time for YOU now. Lisa is right the bears will be there for you when you get better. Theres nothing worse than feeling down, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, and all the best for your operation.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Jane,
                Here is a Bigggggggg Huggggggggg from me too. I hope you will get your operation soon and then get it behind you. But, you will have to forget your bear-making for a few months anyway. I will be thinking of you every day.

Big Scottish Hugs
    Rita xxxxxx

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Here's a hug from me too Jane.:|:|:|

My mom always says "your health is paramount".  You take care of yourself and we will be thinking of you.  Take a bear with you to the hospital.:/

Hugs, Judi

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Jane,I'm so sorry to hear that you are not well.I second all the sentiments here(lovely prayer) and sen you a big fat bear hug bear_laugh this will slow you down a bit for a short while but I'm sure there is a good side,hey,at least your having the operation now and not during Christmas holidays or some important time.That is a bummer though to miss the bear fair bear_sad  You need to take good care of "YOU" right now.
Hugs and blessings,Shari.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

BEEEEEEEG HUGGGGGGS JANEY ;)

I really hope everything turns out OK for you

Pennypoodles

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Jane, you are really having a time of it lately; I'm sorry for that. bear_sad  But things will look up, and a cure is in sight.  It must be so terribly disappointing to have to miss your show.  And I understand that disappointment, actually -- the disappointment that comes when real life interferes with exciting bear plans -- but for different reasons. 

My beautiful and beloved cat Emme, who was very sick for a month, was -- after many vet visits and scans, x-rays and blood tests -- finally put to sleep a few weeks back.  I miss her terribly.

All told, her vet care during that short period totalled almost $1,000.00 -- the money I had set aside to fly myself to Washington, DC, for the Golden Teddy award ceremony.  Which now, I can't attend.

It was an easy choice to make -- Emme's health and wellness came first, and I would cheerfully have done even more if it would have spared her life -- but I am disappointed about the award ceremony (my first ever, and possibly my last -- who knows about these things?) all the same.

So do feel that keen disappointment about your bear show, Jane... but keep a healthy perspective.  YOU, and those who love and worry for and about you, must come first, and that's as it should be.  The bear show loss is a disappointment, but there will be more bear shows.  There won't be another Jane, so this one must be cared for with focus and priority!

Feel better soon, hun.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Jane I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. Listen, take this time to get well and have everyone pamper you. Best of luck on a very speedy recovery Hon!

Hugs Louise

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Jane, you poor thing, I really hope you feel better soon...........xxxx

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Ohhh Jane!  I'm so sorry!  Get well soon! {{{{{{{hugz}}}}}}}}}}}  (and I understand about the bears... it's almost all I can think about (well, bears and teddy talk LOL!)

Shelli... Oh honey I'm SO sorry about your dear Emme!  Bob and I had to help our daughter's boyfriend when his childhood dog died... and his parents were on their first vacation alone in 15 years bear_sad  We were at the house when he passed.... and although I only met him that day.. I cried for 2 days.  It's so much worse when they're your own, I know bear_sad  {{{{{{{{{hugz}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Big belated hugz to you too!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh PenPen

I am so sorry you are having these problems again.  I am also sorry about the bear fair, but I am more concerned about your health.

It must be so very very wearing on you.  And galbladder pain is particularily painful, and can involve the whole body in pain. 

I sincerly hope this infection is quickly cleared up.  Will they do they surgery laprascopically? 

Well you keep us posted about when and where etc?

Best wishes- the gollies are all very desolated about the news.

hugs and gollygrins.....glad you made a new friend.....

Dilu bear_sad

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Jane,
I am so sorry to hear you are not well.  I had what sounds like the same problem a few years ago.  I spent a week in the hospital getting anti-biotics and and clearing up the infection in my pancreas.  I had my gallbladder out with laprascopic surgery.  I was up and about in a couple of days later.  Really - I had the surgery on Thursday and was back at work on Monday.  I even took in a craft show on Saturday.  Try to think positive.  I'm sorry to hear you will miss the show but your health is more important.  And even though it is real scary you will feel so much better after you have the surgery.  No more pain to deal with.

Shelli- I'm sorry to hear you lost Emme.  Our pets (such an inadequate word for these friends) leave such a huge hole in our hearts when they are gone.    There are many more award ceremonies in your future - no doubt about that.

Great big bear hugs,
Sandi

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Jane, you poor thing.  I hope you have a very speedy recovery.  I know it's frightening, but once it is done, you'll be much better.

So here's a huge HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG From me!

Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Jane, I am so sorry that you are not
feeling well.. and I wish for your speedy recovery.

Missing your bear show must be very very disappointing for you....and I know hospital is nothing fun !!!!!!!!
But your recovery is most important!
I will pray for you for your speedy
recovery .
(((( HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG )))

Shelli, I am sorry about your cat
Emme. But you are so sweet person,
I think Emme is thanking you from the
above now.
I know many of your fan will be disappoint if you can't attend to the Golden Teddy award ceremony but
I don't think this will be your last one!!!
Because you are super great artist.

Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

THANKS everyone! I'm still rather sore and on the drugs, Whoopie for morphine!!!! I makes my head feel crazy but the pain is blocked. My blood results came back a bit wonky but hopefully the antibiotics will soon sort that out and I can get back to felling ok once more. Unfortunately the surgeon said that he will probably have to do the big operation and not by keyhole which is a real pain. Anyway on a brighter light all that laying around gave me time to finish reading the Harry Potter book (again) I wish she would get out the next one quick as I can't wait to read it!
The reason that I am so upset about probably not getting to the bear fair is for two reasons. I have made a whole new range of bears just for the show and for the first time I was to meet my pen friend for the first time, she is coming over from Germany to exhibit her bears.
Nancyhank you so much for the lovely prayer, how sweet of you. :)
Shelli I was so sorry to read about your darling Emme. Losing a pet is so very hard and something that I dread. Treasure the memories of Emme and hold those precious memories in your heart.

Jane

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Jane,
Oh, I am sorry to hear about your dilema.  Things always seem to go wrong at the worst time.  But, there is always a reason, whether we understand it or not.  There will be another show , but as others said, not another Jane. Take time to look after yourself. 

Hugs and Prayers for a speady recovery.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Jane , I was so very sorry to hear that you are not well and that you are having to miss out on the
Bear show. I just want to send you a big hug and wish you all the very best in getting back to good health. There will be other shows and all you need to do is get well - that is paramount.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

LOL & Bear hugs
Carolyn

www.draffinbears.com

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jane, I'm so very sorry for your health problems and hope you aren't in too much pain at the moment.  Bummer on missing your bear show, but there will certainly be others for you to attend and your health should come first right now.  Hope your surgery goes well and that your recovery will be swift.

Board footer