Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Graciefavourites5.jpgGraciefavourites4.jpgGraciefavourites3.jpgGraciefavourites2.jpgDifferent pattern and different mohair to Mabel. Though they do have their similarities. Wee Gracie & her dolly were commissioned.
I took the photos with black backdrop in front of a large window at lunchtime on a very rainy stormy day.
We really get some light here in australia. Most of these pics had very little to no editing.  I like the effect. Though I would'nt turn away any hints from those that know about these things bear_thumb
Wendy bear_smile

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Oh, what a sweatheart!!! She/he has such a expressive face and smile!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

How cute!! Her face is SO full of character. Maybe you should consider writing some childrens books using your roo's and Platy's as characters....they would be perfect for bringing a smile to children's faces!!! I'm sure you would if you had an extra 12 hours in the day!!! LOL  bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What a Great Combination--I love these two, but then all your critters have such character and presence bear_wub

I really like the way the black background turns sort of federal blue in the light--it's perfect with her fur.

The only help I can contribute is about sharpness, though my experience might be totaly irrelevant.

My pix improved a lot when I started using a tripod, learned how to turn off the flash and moved the camera back a few feet. Before that I was using my closeup/Macro setting, but found that the piccies went all blurry when I reduced them to 72dpi--my Macro setting works well on tiny bugs and flowers, but not so well on bears.

So now I shoot from about 3 feet and crop the result. When I resize to 72dpi the pix are much clearer and sharper than they were before.

Megelles Megelles
Brisbane
Website

That is really cute!! great expression!!! They really do smile!! bear_original
hugs Lisa

Celena Oxford

Wendy, She's BEAUTIFUL!  I love the smiley face, sweet smile  bear_wub

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Darling!  You get GREAT character faces out of your critters!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Love, love these two, Wendy!  Superb work!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Wendy she's wonderful, wonderful, wonderful as always!
bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I do love your roos! They always make me smile...they're so cheerful and happy...much like their maker I bet!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou all!!!!! Yes Sandi, I am a cheerful soul. I'm really enjoying making these now. At first I was a little paniced by them. Thought I would never get back to a bear again. Now, I just want to see how far I can take it.
Always something new to learn. bear_grin
Eileen, thankyou for the advice. I had to read it a few times before I fully understood what you meant.
I'll give it a whirl for the next one. Hopefully I can keep improving. Unfortunately it will have to be Christmas before I can have a better camera. (sigh). But following good advice , my pics are getting better. I'm looking forward to putting your experience to practice. Thankyou. :hug:
I'm having fun working on a blue platypus now.  bear_thumb
Wendyx

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh my gurdnessss!!!!  That is ONE CUTE kangaroo!!!!!  Love it, Wendy!  bear_wub

Kimberly W.

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

How cute! I'm glad to see another kangaroo from you!
I love visiting your web site.
JeannieB bear_original

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
SOoooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

She is sooo cute!!!! I love her big happy smile.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic Roo Wendy.  :clap:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Wow what a happy face. So cute I can't help but smile at her   bear_wub
xx Sarah

Board footer