Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi All,

Does anyone here only use a Personal Paypal Account rather than the Premier Paypal Account for selling their bears?

I have a Premier account at the moment and the fees can be horrendous (especially when selling on eBay and having their fees added to the sale too) - which is why i was wondering about the Personal Account.

Personal Accounts don't have any Paypal fees added when buying or selling but credit/debit card payments from buyers are not allowed, just payments via the actual funds in the buyers Paypal account or direct bank payments (not sure how that works).

There is a limit of $500 per month that can go through the account too but as i'm not exactly making any bears at the moment and may only be able to make one or two a month for the forseeable future i don't see too much of a problem with the limit.................for now anyway.

Sooooo, any views/advice girls??????  bear_rolleyes

Penny  :hug:

P.S.
If you prefer to reply via PM i'll be around the computer for a while over the weekend so will get back to you.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

No paypal fees??!!!! I'd like to know more!!  bear_smile

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

In my experience, most customers like to have the flexibility of using credit cards on their Paypal account.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

From memory I had to have a premier account to recieve payment from a customer.
It was a while back so I can't recall the actual details.  bear_wacko
I do agree the fees are horendous though.  bear_sad

sarahjane Brisbane

I thought you had to have a premier account to recieve fund from buyers too? I absolutely agree about the fees!!! bear_cry

Dilu Posts: 8,574

HUH?

I don't have a premier account, cuz I simply don't do the volume or $$$ you all do.  But when I sell through B4B and the one time from e-bay they deducted 2-3% from what I recieved. 

So unless you gals in GB have something else I don't understand.  I just use the same li'll old funky personal account.

The only time I don't loose 2-3% is when I am buying.  Which thanks to retirement and a stricter budget, (darn) isn't nearly as much as i would like!

oh well......

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi ! I'm same as Dilu, mine is personal paypal account and they charge me 2.5% or 3%(sorry not remember....)when
I receive money from customer but they don't charge me when I'm paying.   bear_original 
Also my account is "Verified" and I don't have any limit ( of money ) to "receive" or "pay" so I think I will stay with
personal account....  bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

i forgot about the verified thing....thanks marie.  ditto

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Something I forgot... Paypal DOES allow you to have 1 Personal account AND 1 Premier account.......

So maybe you can have your "regular" Paypal account on eBay be your personal one (with no fees) and if they need to pay via credit card on paypal then send them your other email address that is connected to your premier account (does that make sense?  or does it just make things more confusing?)

I have and use the Premier account because when I was a photographer... I found I got more orders and larger orders once I started accepting credit cards....

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I too thought I could have only a personal account and accept payments from paypal funds for the rare sales I make. Problem was that the customers had no idea what I meant when I stated that they needed to pay from their balance instead of a credit card. Most buyers never sell and just assume that they can pay with their cc through paypal. I suppose they don't have money in their paypal account and not all countries seem to be able to do bank transfers to paypal. The fees are annoying, but you can work them into your price and s+h. On ebay you can't refuse cc payments and you can't say that you charge for the fees, but you can take a handling fee from everyone, no matter how they pay.

From a buyer's point of view I want to be able to pay from my cc, but I often do pay from my balance to reduce the number of times my card data get send over the internet. I also avoid sellers with high fees....

Board footer