Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Dear all,

We are obviously a big bunch of animal lovers.
So I decided we should dedicace this thread to our beloved pets.
So I invite you to post her lots of pictures.

Here is Merlin, our cat: he was killed by a car, unfortunately...
He was a very nice cat and enjoyed a lot being outside and hunting.

merlinatropchaudbis7dq.jpg

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

BB19951small.jpgHi Sophie,
Sorry to hear of your loss, Merlin looks like he would have lot's of fun!
We have a lot of pets...cats, chickens, one dog and one hog. I am never alone and enjoy their company very much. Here is a recent pic of Albert the cat...he was involved in my black teddy bear photo session(which was not going very well!). He made me laugh at myself for getting sooo frustrated over the bad pictures!
   JeannieB bear_original

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

pets.jpg

HI

Here are my two dogs the one on the left is Gorilla a Lhasa Apso and Lani on the right a cross poodle. You will notice both are a bit hairy at the moment. This is because I have not recently had a need to practice a new hair trim for a bear. Much cheaper and easier to pracice on my dogs.........the hair actually grows back if I get it wrong!!!! bear_grin

Both have with with us 9 years and were rescued dogs. Lani is still not fond of strange men....however if I spend too long sewing she will put her nose under the tray I often have on my lap to hold everything and flip it off.....aarrggg, just to ensure she gets my attention.

I would be lost without them and dread each passing birthday now, both are twelve.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, ya'll are probably tired of seeing Tucker and Riley, my two Wheaten Terriers whom I've more than once wanted to take to an animal shelter and leave on the door step! We've gotten past that now..... for the most part!  bear_tongue Tucker is 2 and Riley 1.... this was taken on July 4th.

TRBandanas.jpg

I should mention they have their 'summer cuts' as normally they have much longer hair!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Ok!  Here's my "zoo".  Yes, we're nuts and we're out numbered...but they're all total loves.  They all get along and I couldn't imagine not having them all.  BUT we are at our limit and I'm banned from Petfinder.com  :crackup:

Doggies:

Shelby, my good old girl. My first dog as a grown up, my buddy. shelbysnow1.JPG

This is Leo.  Beagle Bassett we rescued about 4 years ago. Total daddy's boy.  IMG_0501.JPG

This is Brinkley.  She's an English Shepherd, very high energy..she'd be an amazing farm dog or agility dog.  She's too smart and is the self made Boss of Everything.brinkstand.jpg

This is Meadow, year old Shiloh Shepherd.  We did not intend to have another dog, but someone in the family got ill and could not take care of her so we took her in at around 5 months.  She's a big luv.  IMG_1221.JPG

Bring on the Cats....

Frasier, thinks he's a dog. Fraboy.jpg

Smores, shelter cat at 6 years old.  She was a matted mess, but I could see the gorgeous girlie underneath it all.  She's a the sweetest, cleanest, most social cat I've ever known...can't imagine why they dumped her.IMG_0328.JPG

Chai, found in a dumpster at around 6 weeks. "Coolest" cat in the world, or so he thinks :)
IMG_1448_2.JPG

That's our zoo  bear_grin
:hug:
~Chrissi

Dilu Posts: 8,574

sharing-the-warmth.jpgYou-may-worship-me-now.....jpgOK-Bambi-really-isn-t-mine.jpgI-told-you-they-got-baths.jpgduncan.jpgBefore-the-carpet-was-trashed.jpg

Daphne I never get tired of your 2, they always look so well groomed and lovely

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I LOVE seeing everybody's animals!  There are more pics, too, in the "Library" drop down menu under the topic 'animals'.

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Wow Chrissi! You have mine beat! WE don't do cats.... they beat up my dogs! Actually they are bigger than my dogs.

First is 8 year old Chantilly (Tilly) She only has one eye as she had her eye punctured when playing with another dog and had to have it removed. Funny story about that... My grandson could never remember Tilly's name, so he called her "White dog with one eye" He told me , Gramma I love white doigs with one eye. They are my favorites. I ALWAYS loved white dogs with one eye!  :crackup:  :crackup:
tillyhaircut.jpg

Next is 7 year old Ladyug ( my SIXTEEN pound yorkie!) she eats and eats,,,, even loves to eat bugs
ladybughaircut.jpg

Then there is 2 1/2 year old Studly Sunnie Boy (registered yorkie) He didn't get the name STUDLY from me!  :crackup:  :crackup:
Sunniehaircut.jpg

And last but not least is Majestic Sunshine Bright my 2 year old 4 lb registered yorkie (finally reached 4 lbs and hopefully soon to be mama)
Sunshine.jpg

Whew! You can see why no cats. Sunnie was beat up by a cat he tried to sniff when he was 5 months old.
Sonya

I love all of these pictures!!   bear_wub

Sonya,
Tilly looks like such a sweet girly! Don't yah just love the cute things kids come up with??!

Daphne - I love Wheaten's.  They remind me so much of my first dog as a kid, she was the smartest dog and so good with kids..she got a summer cut each year too.  God, what we did to that poor dog with bows, ribbons, barrettes, rollers.... bear_wub

~Chrissi

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

This is my deerhound myrtle, shes a huge softy.mtt.jpg

and this is pepe our lurcher eating my daughters roast dinner.peptt.jpg

JanetandBears Janet Ann Anderson and Bears
Breckenridge, CO
Website

Birdie-6weeks.jpgThis is my new birdie   .. only 6 weeks old.   I had one for over 10 years who died last fall and finally felt I could have one again just recently.

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

xmasdoodle05small.jpgsmalllexilucy.jpgI just LOVE looking at pics of pets!
The girls are Lexi(wirehaired Dachshund) & Lucy(choc & tan smooth Dachshund) Lucy is registered as Lucious Godiva.
Doodlebug is a pound puppy. He was at least five when adopted and blind in one eye. He is now about 14 , totally blind and deaf. He depends on the girls to help him out.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gosh, such beautiful animals!  And many I've never seen before.  Janet, I love your birdie and am glad you find yourself ready to have a new friend.  Chloe... Are deerhounds those giant dogs?  Very cute, in any case.

I'll try to find some newer pics of my own menagerie to post.  Back in a few...

Kathleen Pa

hi!
I love pet pics!!!  This is our welsh terrier Scrappy.  He is almost 4 years old and VERY spoiled.  He was a wild puppy but has turned out to be a great dog.  We did have to get a bigger bed because he sleeps with us and likes to stretch out.
Kathleen

Kathleen Pa

1030337tt.jpgno Scrappy is not invisible.  Let me try that again1050590tt.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Okay, found some.  Steel yourselves.  We have a lot of pets!  I can't even post pet photos in a brief and concise way!!!   

bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_tongue  bear_smile  bear_smile  bear_smile

First, our two dogs, Hunter (chocolate lab) and Maggie (shepherd mix.)  Ironically, we don't hunt; just liked the name.  Maggie is a rescue and Hunter was from a neighborhood litter.

HunterAndMaggieWithChewies.jpg

Here's our newest zoo acquisition:  Zoey the guinea pig.  Note our very cool, relaxed, social cat Chance (lower left corner), wanting to be part of the action.  My son Noah is holding Zoey; she's his special pet.

NoahAndZoeyWithChance.jpg

Here's Sealy, one of two beautiful feral cats we took in.  He was a hissing mess as was his sister, Sassy, when we got them near three months.  They'd been living under a porch.  Absolutely nobody wanted these beautiful siblings so we got them for free; can you believe it?  It takes so little time and effort to turn cats like these into loving, if sometimes still skittish, pets.

Sealy.jpg

Next is his sister, Sassy.  We didn't name them but thought the names fit so we kept them when we brought them home.  My older son Toby really opens up to cats.  This is one of my favorite pictures of him, ever, taken maybe six months ago.

Toby-kisses-Sassafras.jpg

Last is our fourth cat, also a rescue who had been already been returned to the pound for being "anti-social and unadoptable" when we found her there -- Ginger, an orange tabby.  She's totally nuts, in a good way.  She eats paper and ribbon and likes to sleep in the weirdest places, like gift bags and baskets.  Here she is, sleeping inside a zipped ski jacket that we left laying around after a trip.

GingerSleepingInJacket.jpg
Ginger-in-birthday-bag.jpg

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kathleen.... I've been trying to convince hubs that we too need a bigger bed so the dogs can sleep with us. He goes to bed much earlier than I so they fall asleep on the bed at night, then I have to lift them down into their crates... they are like 35 & 45 pound bags of potatoes when sleepy! Lately I've been thinking it would just be easier if I slept in Tucker's crate!!  :crackup:

Shelli.... LOVE the photo of Sealy.....

Janet.... what a sweetie pie.... have you named it yet??

Chrissi..... unlike your dog.... mine are not smart!!  bear_tongue

Everyone's pets are so sweet!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

IMG_0564.JPGThis is my daughter Brittany and our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Muffy.  Brittany would kill me if she ever knew that I had posted this picture as she had just got out of bed.  Everyone keep the secret won't you!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Daphne said

been thinking it would just be easier if I slept in Tucker's crate!!

a065.gif  a080.gif  g040.gif

Daphne wrote:

Chrissi..... unlike your dog.... mine are not smart!!  :P

I should re-phrase as "too smart for her own good". She's a little too aware of everything, sometimes to the point of getting nervous or bossy. 
As a puppy this dog locked us out of the house, it was totally intentional.  We were out back with the dogs, playtime was over and we brought her in first. She's at the glass slider whimpering. I tell her we're all coming in and we'll play later.  This puppy does a perfectly calm sit, looks at us, lifts up her paw, and with authority slams her paw down on the sliders lock. Right in front of us!  She proceeds to sit and glare as if to say "fine, I can't come out..you can't come in". This was fun because the only way into the house was a 2nd floor window and a ladder.  She just sat still and watched the whole thing.

I love the cat in the gift bag...too cute.  My mom has a big guy who loves to sleep in suitcases.

Scrappy looks so stately on his wing chair with book in hand!!  What a good boy!!

I've said before that my dogs are inspiration for some of my bears...and I can see a few others here that may be inspired by their pooches and pets too!  It's very cool :)

~Chrissi

Kathleen Pa

I am soooooo jealous of all you multiple pet owners,  I would love to have another dog or maybe a cat.  I think it's wonderful that so many of you have adopted pets from shelters, strays, etc.  I had 2 dogs before from the shelter and they were so loveable.   ONe was a mutt and the other a 72 lb. beagle that had a disc problem in his back from  severe obesity ( that was the vet's official diagnosis).  I did get his weight down to around 50 lbs, but that dog loved to EAT!  My hubbie is the #1 spoiler of our dog and I think he is weakening so hopefully soon there will be another little fur ball in our bed!!!

Kathleen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Christine, Brittany is lovely, just out of bed or not.  Look at those creamy, rosy cheeks!  I've never had skin that peaches & cream.

And the dog's not bad either!   bear_tongue

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Shelli, that was very sweet of you to compliment Brittany.  I am Australian and my husband is English, and all of his sisters have that wonderful peaches and cream complexion.  Fortunately, Brittany inherited it.  From the day she was born she has had the most amazing rosy cheeks, and she looked like she had applied full makeup before her birth to be ready to face the outside world.

She was also born with a full head of long dark hair, and the theatre nurses were joking that she had been to the beauty parlour to get ready for her big entrance to the world.

Only trouble was, when she was teething, her cheeks looked like they had two bright red neon light globes in them!!!!!   I don't think she will ever have to spend a cent on buying rouge.

Yes, Muffy is a cutie too, and the biggest, sookiest boy in the world - we adore him.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Mandy-1-1.JPGFARM-picK5-1.JPGHere's one of our girls...

and our Mandy bear_wub

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

kittens-sm.jpg
cats-sm.jpg

These are my cats, Katrina (at left) and Jackson. My vet rescued their pregnant mothers from Mississippi last fall after the hurricane. We got these two at Thanksgiving. I've attached one picture from now and a second from when they were tiny fluffballs. It's amazing how fast they grow!

Mindy

Board footer