Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

DawnText2.jpgDawnFace.jpgHi everyone!  Just wanted to show off a few pictures of my newest commissioned BIG fairy, Dawn.  YES... She is BIG!!!!  About a foot  tall SEATED!  She was made for a very special collector/friend of mine, who is going through a bunch of very difficult changes in her life right now.  I wanted Dawn to express a bit of nostalgia along with the promise that there are always great new things right on the horizon if you only look!  She's named after one of my all time favorite quotes from a Longfellow poem....

"The dawn is not distant,
nor is the night starless;
Love is eternal.

God is still God, and
His faith shall not fail us;
Christ is eternal."

Dawn is made of two colors of Intercal's Kid Mohair (KID3W) in white (100) and golden beige (546S)  The golden beige is one of my all time favorite Intercal colors.... it's like a warm "blond."  I think it's photographing just a bit light in my photos.  She's adorned with a tulle skirt made of gathered and cut bridal tulle in shimmery gold, peachy rose and cream.  She has cotton needle tatted decorations with tiny glass tear drop beads as well.  Her wings are printed on Habotai silk, then handpainted with watercolors, inlaid glitters, and pigmented powders that catch and reflect the light!  Hope you enjoy taking a little peek at her!  If you click on my Picturetrail gallery link there are a few more photos of her:

http://www.picturetrail.com/bastadolls

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Kim! I have never seen a more beautiful bear! She is wonderful in every way! You have done the most awesome and beautiful job with her. Your new Mom will be on cloud nine for at least a life time with this gorgeous girl!

Hugs Louise

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Words fail me Kim - she is stunning.  So very pretty and so feminine.  Your friend will be thrilled.

I love that mohair, and would like to purchase every colour they have - but I really must use the mountain of fur that I already have here.  Or should I say mountains (plural).

Jane P.

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Kim  - you are one talented Lady. Your friend will be overwhelmed I'm sure.  She's beautiful.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

<sigh> 

So light and dainty-sweet, like a bonbon with wings...

<sigh>

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Another beautiful Flower Fairy...she's simply sweet and splendid!!!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

sarahjane Brisbane

I love her  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub ...If your friend doesn't want her you can send her to me...  bear_grin

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Kim, when I saw your little picture I thought you were showing off a keeper  bear_tongue  She is beautiful beyond words!!  I'm sure your friend will be totally head over heels in love with her  bear_wub  bear_wub   I love the fur and the simplicity of her paw pads, just gorgeous!!!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Your bears have so much grace - not just their delicate limbs but in their soul.....I think Shelli is absolutely right when she said she's a bonbon with wings.

Outsanding in every way

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Simply breathtaking  bear_wub

Hugs
Vicki

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Absolutely beautiful !!!!! Stunning!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Amazing bear...I know your special collector will love her.

I love winged creatures and those are the most amazing wings...if you ever decide to give lessons I'm first on the list. I've made hand-painted silk wings for my fairies but your wings are outstanding.

Best wishes to your collector, I hope things get better for her soon.
~Kathy

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Kim, she is simply gorgeous. I truly love this one.  You did a marvelous job on her, and I'm sure that her new mom (perhaps I know who you are talking about) is going to ADORE her.  bear_wub Beautiful!

Kimberly W.

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Utterly Divine bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

She really is something VERY special. Your friend will be on cloud nine.

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Wow.... just, wow!
Aerianna

Hudson, Ohio

Aww.... thanks so much ladies!  Her new "Mom to be" DOES really like her.... so she'll be flying out today!   bear_wub

Like Rhaine... I think that this is another that will take a wee little bit of my heart with her!  bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

K Pawz Guest

WOW at a loss for words here she is absolutley stunning...awesome job Kim

Hugs,
Krista

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

wow ,she is just beautiful,  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub she has a lovely peaceful look to her,your freind i`m sure, will be over the moon.xx

Hudson, Ohio

Thanks so much Chloe and Krista!   bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Such delicate work Kim!  She's a beauty!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original She's lovely, Kim--just beautiful! bear_wub

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

What a great story!  Am certain Dawn will be treasured in her new home---marvelous face and absolutely lovable persona!!  Lucky duck Dawn adopter!!

Beautiful, and I loved the inclusion of Longfellow---he was one of my favorite poets, mostly 'cause my maiden name was Stringfellow---at 8 years old I thought he was related to our family!  =P

Amelia

Hudson, Ohio

Thanks Amelia!  You know... I love Longfellow too!  I love that you thought you were related!!!!   :crackup:  bear_wub

That is truly one of my all time favorite poetry quotes....
I am sure I use it too liberally though... everytime one of the kids start whining that they simply can not wait until tomorrow for something I start saying.... "The dawn is not distant...!"

Really though... it's a good one! 

:hug:

Kim basta
Wild Thyme Originals

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Kim, Dawn is purely divine ... she really looks like an angel ... wonderful work

Board footer