Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

SamKimFountainWeb.jpgViewRoomWeb.jpgKimAtBeachweb.jpgWell.... my husband went and did just about the most romantic thing I can think of... he booked a little vacation just for the two of us in Jamaica at a gorgeous resort/spa.  Now, had he asked me BEFORE booking everything, my answer would have been a resounding "NO!!!!"  The kids are getting ready for back to school (school supplies, clothing, etc...), and I am desperately wanting to redo the downstairs guest bathroom!  But.... I am so glad that it was forced upon me!  We had a blast!  Of course now I have 10 loads of laundry to do, and less time for the school supply shopping, but.... I can't really complain!  bear_wacko

So I have a tan rather than a toilet.....
And a Swedish Massage rather than a new sink....

But my mind is nice and clear and refreshed..... and I didn't have to make breakfast for anyone for 5 whole days!!!!!!   :dance:

Now, I just need to really get cracking on the bears and catching up here!!!!   :hug:

Beary truly,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

oh how lovely.i think i`d sooner have the holliday too.looks like you had a great time. :dance:  :dance:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What an amazing romantic thing for your hubby to do Kim, it sounds as though you had a fantastic time. And you know that the laundry will get done as will everything else.....

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Kim, what a glorious, blissful experience :dance:

It's great to finally see a piccie of your handsome Hubs bear_thumb

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

LUCKY LUCKY YOU! Looks like you have a fantastic time! And you look simply beautiful!
Congrats!
Hugs
Sonya

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

The scenery is great but I'm more amazed at your figure!!!!!!  :twisted:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

What a wonderful surprise from your husband! What a great time you must've had, and I'm sure you'll still manage to get all of the school stuff done!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

How romantic and beautiful...and I'm terribly jealous...BUT...was it really necessary to post pictures of YOU in a BIKINI. 

I'm running to hide in the closet now!!!   :crackup:   :crackup:

Okay...I admit it...if I had your figure I'd be in a bikini too!!!

You are truly lovely, Kim...and a very handsome hubby too!!!  Lucky girl.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

How cool!!!  How simply wonderful of your hubby!  And look at you girl!!  You look like a model honey! 
So happy for you hon  :hug:
xx sarah

Hudson, Ohio

You know, it's funny... being her at Teddy Talk so much, I feel like each and every person here is like a girlfriend to me... I forget things like.... no one here knows what my husband looks like!   :doh:  Yes.... that's the hubs... Samuel!  And the middle pic is the view from our little balcony overlooking the beach. 

And... just so you all know... what you CAN'T see in the photos of me is the total ROAD MAP of stretch marks and gigantic C-section scars that I have as a result of my three lovely children!  There are definitely some instance where being a small person is less than an ideal situation!   :redface:  bear_sad

Three loads of laundry down and 7 to go!!!!!   :dance:  :doh:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon
WildThyme wrote:

And... just so you all know... what you CAN'T see in the photos of me is the total ROAD MAP of stretch marks and gigantic C-section scars that I have as a result of my three lovely children!  There are definitely some instance where being a small person is less than an ideal situation!   :redface:  :(

Well in that case you are forgiven....I understand roadmaps!!!  :crackup:   :crackup:

Pipa UK

Wow it looks beautiful there!!!

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

WOW!!! :dance:  :dance: That's so cool Kim......what a great hubby you have to plan a vacation like that!! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

bear_wub &  :hug:
Tracy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

FOXY LADY!

HUSBAND NOT BAD EITHER!

:)

What a keeper you've got there.  A SURPRISE trip to Jamaica?  I thought that only happened to, like, Paris Hilton.  Was she there, too?

Looks like it was an absolutely gorgeous locale and yes, you both look entirely happy and relaxed.  Just what the doctor ordered, I'd imagine.

Who kept the kids while you were away?  I'll bet that man of yours thought of EVERYTHING.

Thanks for sharing your photos, tan girl.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow . . . what a gorgeous lady you are, Kim!!!  Your trip looks sunnier and warmer than mine.  Lovely place and so exotic, that Jamaica!  And what a thoughtful hubby!

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Jamaica! How wonderful!  Everyone needs a break at times, and with three children, I'm sure you deserve it.

Hudson, Ohio

My kids went to stay with my Mom.... and they went on a train ride, went to "Chuck E. Cheese's," the mall, toured a chocolate factory, and were just generally spoiled rotten for the week!!!!  So they had a nice little vacation too! 

Yeah... I'd say that this one is definitely a keeper!  And the surprise part was truly just so that I wouldn't be able to talk him out of the whole idea.... which I certainly would have had I been consulted on the matter! 

I do so love Jamaica!  It's beautiful for sure, but I guess what I love the most about it is the people that live there.  Now... obviously they have the SAME exact problems that we have in the States.... crime, drugs, poverty, etc.... And much of it is certainly on a much larger scale... aside from the whole tourist industry, it's a third world country.  The first time I went there... about 10 years ago... I spend the majority of my "vacation" wondering, "How can people be SO happy having so little?"  Coming from a typical middle class Mid Western USA, white bread & picket fences upbringing as I have, I was just utterly dumbfounded and in a complete state of shock. 
But.... when you talk to the people there, you are constantly reminded that happiness isn't about what you have, or what you do for a living.  It's ALL in their attitude and outlook.  It's VERY different than the typical American mindset & SO refreshing!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh... envy envy envy envy envy!!!!!!!!!!!!! How completely sweet and romantic of your husband; he just totally scored a 10 in my 'Wonderful Husbands' tab, lol  It must have been absoutely wonderful!   bear_flower

Kimberly W.

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wow Kim! You are a very lucky lady! Hubby is a keeper!

Hugs Louise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Kim!  He's a keeper for sure!

And what a GoodGollyFantaublous Good Looking Couple you two are!

And the shot in the bikini?  You are hot stuff ladyfriend.....What a joy to see!

And how healthy for the two of you get away together-reconnect-and all that jazz....very very healthy, romantic and wonderful.

I am so happy for you!

The toilet and sink?  Oh, bother, honey, you'd justy have to clean them!  :crackup:

Stellajella Wien

Absolutely fabulous!
You.
Your wonderful hubby.
Jamaica.
The scenery.
Everything!

Gaby bear_flower

K Pawz Guest

Awesome Kim!!! You are so lucky, and stunning!!! that is one top notch hubby you have there, definetley a keeper!!

Hugs,
Krista

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Wowie Zowie !!! Good old boy !!!! How wonderful of him to be so romantic. You better hold tight to that one girlie !!! Looked like a great vacation !!! OH HOW I NEED ONE . But my hubby would never do that. I have been married for 8 years just the other day was our anniversary and we have NEVER gone on a vacation . How sad. And he can more than afford it .... UMMMMMMMMM   so like I said hold on to that one !!!!   And by the way GREAT body girlfriend !!! We need to fatten you UP !!!!!

Jodi Falk

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Kim, how lovely - a wonderful holiday and a beautiful gesture from your husband - you must be a very happy little sausage.  It is terrific too when you have someone to look after the children that you know and trust and know that the children will be having a great time as well.  It certainly helps you to relax and enjoy your holiday.  Tell your husband that all the girls on TT think he is great and we are very proud of him doing all that for you.  Perhaps he might like to email all our husbands with instructions!!

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Wow, what a great surprise, Kim! It looks like you had a lovely time and that will provide a lot more happy memories than school shopping and laundry - which WILL get done regardless! Jamaica is a such a beautiful island - and if you got to eat any of the local food - isn't it fantastic! I gained 11 pounds in 3 weeks when I was there years ago - doesn't look like you did though -  bear_grin  Good for you for staying in such great shape even after 3 kids!

Board footer